Iknownothing

submariner noob V5 date vs no date

Iknownothing

I have seen the pictures of the new V5 noob submariner both with and without date. I am considering one of the two but do not know which one yet. which one would you recommend? what are the flaws in the watches the differ it from a gen?

tandrewdavies

Good question, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I'm in the same predicament!!!!!!

Robeng

So basically you are asking which one is the best sub?

ShovelnTC

The no-date is often favored as the cyclops magnification and positioning is often a tell as well as the most common flaw/tell is a misaligned date-wheel.

BUT the cyclops makes a Sub in my opinion.

Robeng

Agree with the above many people won't as they find the no date "cleaner" but imo the cyclops

= submariner.

Iknownothing
So basically you are asking which one is the best sub?

Pretty much. I want the one that is the closest to gen. I can't make up my mind between date and no date so I might just go for the one that's closest to gen.

markeym3

Yeah I agree with the above ,, the cyclops is the sub ,, but the no date I had (21j from narika) was such a nice clean watch it's still a sub ,, I'm sure you will be pleased with either ..

steve123

Personally... I really like having the date on my watch... But I hate the cyclops, so get a sea dweller

Iknownothing

So I guess really the question I should be asking is, is the v5 sub cyclops true to gen?

black263

So I guess really the question I should be asking is, is the v5 sub cyclops true to gen?

None of the Reps of any make are true to gen. You can get close, but there are always tells. Best for Rolex Rep at any price iare BK and TC. Besf value for money Rolex is the Regmariner from Narikaa.

Ruperts

Gotta say, i do prefer the date version myself. I guess the sub no date looks very classic, but personally, i like to know what day it is! LOL

Iknownothing

None of the Reps of any make are true to gen. You can get close, but there are always tells. Best for Rolex Rep at any price iare BK and TC. Besf value for money Rolex is the Regmariner from Narikaa.

So you would reccomend those over the v5 noob factory?

Vreds

BK and TC yes, but they go for $300 more too.

Iknownothing

Ya I probably will get the V5 noob. I am a total watch noob college student so money is tight. I am thinking no date since it's classic and just another thing to mess up.

Vreds

Ya I probably will get the V5 noob. I am a total watch noob college student so money is tight. I am thinking no date since it's classic and just another thing to mess up.

It's a great watch and you wont be disappointed :) Had a v5 with date and it looked beautiful!

klt11

ive always found the no date stunning as it just makes everything all uniform and perfect, if it was a date definitely not the one with the Cyclops cannot stand them

Iknownothing

I am going to order one from Marvellous replica

plankton

You need to get a Noob V5 date then at some time source a OEM crystal and it will be extremely hard to tell.

Next week I'm modding a date V5 Noob from Bk and doing the seals, timing and an OEM crystal that I ordered from Vac, keep an eye out for this one a couple of weeks later on M2M because I dont usually keep them very long. But this my friend will be a close as you can get.

Check-RCuVjZj.jpgY4Qk8mG.jpg

Iknownothing
You need to get a Noob V5 date then at some time source a OEM crystal and it will be extremely hard to tell.

Next week I'm modding a date V5 Noob from Bk and doing the seals, timing and an OEM crystal that I ordered from Vac, keep an eye out for this one a couple of weeks later on M2M because I dont usually keep them very long. But this my friend will be a close as you can get.

I wish I had the money and technical ability to do so. Once your mods are down how "waterproof" will it be?

inspectorbjs

Somebody asked this guy http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=98536 which Rolex he wears ( looked for the Link??) said he didn't have any but was gonna get a ND in the link.

Edited by inspectorbjs

plankton

I wish I had the money and technical ability to do so. Once your mods are down how "waterproof" will it be?

They test out well 3-7 atm but I don't trust the rep seals so I usually take it off at the beach. Pool, shower has generally been fine.

black263

BK's 2015 sub starts with the V5 noob, and then improves it. http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=100556