Sign in to follow this  
ekho

The Watch Snob

ekho

Just curious if anyone here reads The Watch Snob articles on Askmen.com? I'm not a fan and think he's full of it :lol: (but that's obviously the intended tone of the article, and the attempt at humour isn't lost on me). But since it's about watches, I do read it now and then to see what's new out there.

So any of you read it and your thoughts?

AustinTech

I read it. The article cracks me up. His view - unless you pay $25k or more, you are getting a metalic hunk of shit and should cut your wrists off to avoid straping something on that isn't Snob-approved.

He says some really funny stuff about Panerai. I like that part.

Dude seems to have a serious man-crush on the guy he always mentions shopping with.

He really loves Patek, Alange, and Glashutte. And Lum-Tec. LOL

One good public service he provides to the "lost" is telling them that these fashion watches are all crap and are all the same.

3xrock
Just curious if anyone here reads The Watch Snob articles on Askmen.com? I'm not a fan and think he's full of it :lol: (but that's obviously the intended tone of the article, and the attempt at humour isn't lost on me). But since it's about watches, I do read it now and then to see what's new out there.

So any of you read it and your thoughts?

Yeah I've read it, it's informative but the art of sarcasm escapes the writer. Watches are such personal things, what I love or think looks classy may look like crap to the next guy. Meh, it's entertaining.

ekho

According to Watch Snob: Panerai is so 2006 Wall Street.

He also has a thing for AP Royal Oaks.

Fortey

I'm assuming it's a joke persona, if he were such an elitist snob I don't think he'd want to have anything to do with a rag like Ask Men :lol: It is pretty funny when taken with a grain of salt I suppose but I won't go out of my way to follow the column.

trailboss99

It's gotta be a joke. I hope it is anyway.

Col

solkryssare

I kinda like it. Sort of a top gear feel to his writing. I guess its all for fun but I think its funny

vonGluberschmidt
According to Watch Snob: Panerai is so 2006 Wall Street.

He also has a thing for AP Royal Oaks.

I read through his bunk.

clearly he's full of himself, and his elitist opinion.

fair enough.

Men's Health Magazine recommend PAM, and Tag Monaco, among other watches a few months back....

I guess I'm very 2006, because I bought 036 and a 202a super reps

:)