Sign in to follow this  
sconehead

GMT IIc gen Swiss

sconehead

I've seen a lot of sales threads recently on the forums describing the ceramic GMT's as 'gen Swiss'.

Considering it is an in house bastardized 2836-2 movement from a Chinese factory, how is this possible?

Buyers are obviously being mislead somewhere, as for me anyway, every watch I've seen with a caseback off has been a modified Asian clone 2836-2 movement...discuss...

Silverspeed

Howsabout this one....

IMG_4754kopie.png

Although the modification for the GMT function is as Swiss as I am, surely the base movement can be Swiss just like any other

2836. Because of the modification I prefer the movement to be Swiss, in my mind this means less problems

digger2

Here is mine. Bought as Swiss:

P1060332_w.jpg

NFleischer

I have to say those 2 look gen to me. Its hard to keep up with all the tells on the clones though.

I read one thread saying anything stamped ETA was gen.

Brightlight

The modification is only three parts, a calendar operation wheel with three pinions instead of the normal two, the extra one being to drive the 24H hand, an adjusting gear which fits on in place of the day setting lever, held on by the same screw. and finally the 24H wheel itself which is two pinions together with a clutch to allow the hand to be adjusted without disturbing anything else. Easily fitted to the 'swiss' movement if you have the parts. Simplez!

Mind you I wonder if the Chinese have now caught on to the Novodiac balance mount, the only current difference between 'swiss' and clone.