Sign in to follow this  
Tom3949

What Next?

Tom3949

Right guys now that I am a certified addict I need some help in satifying my craving!

The $99 PAM 111 I have just received from Robert is my first rep and if this is the sort of quality I can expect from the trusted dealers - then very happy days indeed!

I also have a 1950 homage on it's way from Tat, and have just put in an order with Mary for a SOH V2, following all the comments made about it here.

But I need more! There is still some space left on the credit card yet so wouldn't mind some suggestions on which higher end reps to get my hands on. As I seem to have been bitten by Panerai I was thinking along the lines of a 288 followed by one of Robert's high end 183 black seals, but it would be good to hear what others think.

There is also the option of saving my pennies up for a second hand gen speedmaster, which is the watch which got me on the slippery track of looking for reps on the net in the first place - so if anyone knows a good place for these, (as opposed to playing a 'lottery' on ebay), then let me know, (I'm in the UK by the way).

Another alternative of course is to wait until next year and see what 'rep of the year 2011' throws up!

Cheers

:Whistle:

Edited by Tom3949

NFleischer

Can't go wrong with the PAM 288, seems to be Rep of the Year. You can get one pretty cheap @ Asian7750

now ($228 or something!).

Personally I would also say to have a gen in your collection too. They have good deals online at places like

Jomashop, Ashford, Gemnation, Overstock, etc. for new stuff- sometimes 60-70% off. I would stay away from EBay.

Tom3949
Can't go wrong with the PAM 288, seems to be Rep of the Year. You can get one pretty cheap @ Asian7750

now ($228 or something!).

Personally I would also say to have a gen in your collection too. They have good deals online at places like

Jomashop, Ashford, Gemnation, Overstock, etc. for new stuff- sometimes 60-70% off. I would stay away from EBay.

Cheers NF I will check them out. I think I am being a bit hopeful getting 60% off a gen speedmaster though!

NFleischer
Have a look here for gens:

http://www.elitedealseeker.com/index.cgi?category=watches

You can search for the name in the box, going back 4 weeks!

That's a good source X.

No, you won't get a new gen Speedie for 60% off- maybe 30%. You can get B & M, Ebel, some 2-3 tier Swiss brands

at those steep discounts. I just missed a Zenith Defy onsale @ 66% off @ Ashford!!

Tom3949
Have a look here for gens:

http://www.elitedealseeker.com/index.cgi?category=watches

You can search for the name in the box, going back 4 weeks!

That's a good source X.

No, you won't get a new gen Speedie for 60% off- maybe 30%. You can get B & M, Ebel, some 2-3 tier Swiss brands

at those steep discounts. I just missed a Zenith Defy onsale @ 66% off @ Ashford!!

Cheers guys. I have to be careful about buying from the US though, because you can get hit hard by UK customs duty and VAT.

1_klean_watch

Well I don't know what your CC limit is, but you can be a smart about it and buy five reps at discounted price from a trusted dealer. Personally that's what I'm going. It makes it cheaper per watch.

Tom3949
Well I don't know what your CC limit is, but you can be a smart about it and buy five reps at discounted price from a trusted dealer. Personally that's what I'm going. It makes it cheaper per watch.

That's a good idea. This has just sort of crept up on me. Dip my toe in the water with a $99 Pam 111 from Robert, then decide Tat's homages look ultra cool at a great price, then hear about the SOH V2 being probably the best rep to date, then the 288 ...

It just seems to go on and on ...

:blowup:

1_klean_watch

I know the feeling. I have been wanting an pilot IWC from Robert for awhile now. I just gotta wait.

sconehead

Tom, try here, http://www.miltonaires.com/others_soldExcluded.asp , local too mate.

It's a good source for used gens, I've currently got a gen SMP on hold for £649, boxed with papers...:blowup:

Tom3949
Tom, try here, http://www.miltonaires.com/others_soldExcluded.asp , local too mate.

It's a good source for used gens, I've currently got a gen SMP on hold for £649, boxed with papers...:blowup:

Nice one!

At least when you're buying a rep from a trusted dealer you know you are buying a rep ...

Trying to buy the genuine article second hand on-line seems to be a bit of a minefield unless you know where to look.

Have just had a quick look at the website and thought I recognised the name - Miltons in the precinct!

(Obviously non scousers won't have a clue where that is!).

Edited by Tom3949