Sign in to follow this  
djprone

Breitling for Bentley GT from Mary @ Watch International

djprone

Hi, this is my first watch review so please bear with me :Whistle:

I received my watch from mary about 10 days ago, but as it was a christmas present, i wasn't able to wear it until now. The service i received from mary was exceptional. She got the watch in for me and took pictures of it within a couple of days of me enquiring about it. She was swift answering my noob questions and reassuring me when my delivery status didn't change for about 10 days (i later found out this was simply parcelforce not updating the tracking info, as the watch seemed to arrive in the country and be delivered to me on the same day.

From mary sending the watch to me receiving it was a total of 15 days, which i thought was brilliant considering it was the week leading up to christmas. I will definitely be using her again, in fact, i'm just about to order another replica from her, which will be a Breitling Superocean with a white face - yes, i love Breitling watches.

Onto the watch.....

Being my first rep i didn't really know what i was going to receive. Obviously reading on here i knew the watch would be of good quality, but when it arrived i was astonished at the craftsmanship that had gone into it. The steel used looks and feels of high quality and the sapphire crystal does seem quite scratch resistant, although i haven't tried that hard to scratch it, hehe. Even the strap doesn't feel low rent, which i wasn't expecting as there seems to be a consensus on here that the watches are good but the straps are bad. The only two gripes i have about the build quality is a small slot on the buckle has some very sharp edges, but its nothing a bit of grinding down won't sort out, and, the AR is a bit on the sparse side, but then it seems to be the same with the gen. Oh, and annoyingly, there is one tiny spec of dust on the inside of the crystal - if anyone has any tips on how to remove that i will be greatful.

The accuracy to the genuine watch is there or there abouts. The size of the face seems perfect and the thickness of the watch seems good. The wheel around the edge seems to be a mm or two too large, but definitely only noticeable if you have the rep and gen side by side. Also, The day and date wheel are slightly wrong, mainly the colour - it is a too light red and very slightly wrong font, but nothing i'm bothered about. The weight seems very close, i haven't had it on any scales but is close enough for me - maybe the gen is slightly heavier. Mary explained to me before i committed to the watch that the factory had run out of the right back for my watch so supplied a later back, this didn't bother me as its a very nice back and the watch will be on my wrist most of the time.

All in all, i love this watch and it seems to be keep good time - it lost about 3 seconds in the 24 hours i've worn it, but i should test it for longer before confirming that. Everything works perfectly, the rotor seems quite quiet from what i've read about other rotors in the a7750 movement. Also, the chrono functions work perfectly. For the money (£195 delivered to my door) i am 100% happy with this watch. Its not going to fool a Breitling expert but i never bought it for that.

These are pictures from my phones camera and i'll get some better ones up once the christmas festivities have ended.

5266113106_fe4a75b849_b.jpg

5293090319_33d2f873e8_b.jpg

5293059259_f883af430f_b.jpg

djprone

oh and here is a shot of the lume. Its ok but fades quickly:

5294212322_7078dcdb5d.jpg

AustinTech

Hey, that looks great! I like that model.

Very cool. now it's time to strap it on and enjoy...