Sign in to follow this  
Frazzle

What's your thoughts on this AP special from Toro

AndyBlue

Its a steal, its a deal, sale of the fucking century, in fact fuck it nick... I think I'll keep it!

JSJ

Who has the best ROO? :giggle:

Frazzle
Its a steal, its a deal, sale of the fucking century, in fact fuck it nick... I think I'll keep it!

Though it looked like a pretty good deal! I know it's no JF factory but at $200 off and a selection of dials - I like!!! I'm particularly keen on the grey themes and really like the leather strap with diver buckle instead of the deployment clasp!

Who has the best ROO? :giggle:

Not quite, I'm savvy enough to know that JF is the way to go at the moment but just thought for the money this looked like quite a good starting point. The open case back and movement is always going to give this one away and I'm sure there's some fault s to be found on the dial and pushers, but I like it! I know on the gen SIHH's the crown and pushers are supposed to be ceramic, not sure if it's the case on these ones?

sjonesp0015

Not really my style, but it seems like a great price. You can't go wrong with Toro

Edited by sjonesp0015

Frazzle
Not really my style, but it seems like a great price. You can't go wrong with Toro

I've used Toro for almost 4 years now and have two currently on the way from him. I also have $50 credit with him so that's why I'm looking at this special. My recent order was a little slower than I'm used to from him, but I'm putting it down to him being busy and the factory being slow to deliver to him.

I have recently considered using other TD's but Toro's specials, particularly on AP's are phenomenal!

I may have to sell my recently purchase Skyland Avenger to get this AP.....watch this space!

sjonesp0015

I've used Toro for almost 4 years now and have two currently on the way from him. I also have $50 credit with him so that's why I'm looking at this special. My recent order was a little slower than I'm used to from him, but I'm putting it down to him being busy and the factory being slow to deliver to him.

I have recently considered using other TD's but Toro's specials, particularly on AP's are phenomenal!

I may have to sell my recently purchase Skyland Avenger to get this AP.....watch this space!

I feel you on orders sometimes going slow. My second order took a little under a month (27days)

I'm currently on my 3rd order and Its gone super smooth. Should be delivered monday (With an two tone AP I might add) All in all will be about 10 days.

RUSH2112

I'm tempted since the main thing keeping me from these is price but seconds at 12 is a concern...

torobravo

Only for 30 days

With bracelet + $60

The noob factory want to discontinue these models in order to make some other brands too. Since the JF ROO´s for similar price but a bit better in terms of accuracy compared to the gen, it reduced considerably the sales so we will boost their sales for this period of time. It is really good value for money

KarmaToBurn
Only for 30 days

With bracelet + $60

The noob factory want to discontinue these models in order to make some other brands too. Since the JF ROO´s for similar price but a bit better in terms of accuracy compared to the gen, it reduced considerably the sales so we will boost their sales for this period of time. It is really good value for money

Glad to hear that noob factory is thinking of other brands!

Baldrick

I fracking hope the GP Sea Hawk Pro II is among them....wouldn't be before time :B):

KarmaToBurn

I fracking hope the GP Sea Hawk Pro II is among them....wouldn't be before time :B):

That would be awesome. As long as it isn't another Rollie, Pam or AP.

Frazzle

Looks like the offer is on until the 6th July. Time to start saving :)

OLDBLOKE74

Am very tempted by the AP Safari with brown strap - do I pull the trigger or wait for a review ?

Got 2 from Torro on the way and 3 from Tim - but this offer definitely looks like a good one - I sometimes think that all of us here are just deal junkies - we can't ignore a bargain

Frazzle

Am very tempted by the AP Safari with brown strap - do I pull the trigger or wait for a review ?

Got 2 from Torro on the way and 3 from Tim - but this offer definitely looks like a good one - I sometimes think that all of us here are just deal junkies - we can't ignore a bargain

Tell me about it mate. I've got two on the way from Toro. An AP 15400 RG TF factory (which sadly I paid the full price for, a few days before the reductions - on the plus side Toro was gracious enough to offer me $50 off my next order, so not too bad!) and a Breitling Skyland Avenger that I only bought because it seemed too good an offer to miss at $179 for an A7750!

So in the past the only AP I've had was a white dialled (fantasy) 21j diver from reg! An absolute steal at £90 but the strap ruined it for me, so I sold it.

Now, with the likes of Baxter, Aston and JonnyBaws my eyes are firmly drawn to the AP ROO's - even if these are a seconds at 12, at 42mm I think I should just be able to pull it off with my skinny wrists - I am aware however that these are some really chunky pieces!

PLUS - I'm really keen on the diver buckle on these larger beasts! My 15400 is coming with the gen standard deployment clasp, which is fine on a smaller/thinner watch.

But for me I feel a chunky watch like these, on leather, sit better with a buckle rather than a deployment!

Dr. Jimmy

For the price, I just might have to pick up a grey themes

Frazzle

I'm torn between the grey themes and the safari! Angling more towards the grey themes!

Dr. Jimmy

I'm torn between the grey themes and the safari! Angling more towards the grey themes!

Oddly, me too. I suspect the grey themes would get more wrist time, while the Safari sat in the box looking cool.

Mattcrx

You deserve a medal for that comment!!! Hahahah cracked me up!!! Ahhhh lock stock!

Frazzle

You deserve a medal for that comment!!! Hahahah cracked me up!!! Ahhhh lock stock!

These are not stolen, they just haven't been paid for and we can't get them again, they've changed the bloody locks!

Too late too late will be the cry when the man with the bargains has passed you by! If you've got no money on you now, you'll be crying tears as big as October cabbages!

NCRich

AP Roo for 20 cents is still too expensive. Oh well, just my opinion.

Don't hit me too hard!

elp

Yeah but .... it's an AP :rofl:

OLDBLOKE74

YPosted Today, 08:01 PM

AP Roo for 20 cents is still too expensive. Oh well, just my opinion.

Don't hit me too hard!

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Yea but it is $200 discount and once you feel that leather ROO on your wrist I promise you buddy ....

You will know you have a total bargain - these knock the shit out of most pams for a chicken wrist

NCRich

Heh, I got 40ish watches. Roo's just don't do it for me..Tastes vary.