Sign in to follow this  
letti001

omega planet ocean case number

letti001

It seems that my Ceramic Planet Ocean has suffered the ill fated stripped crown issue. I need to replace the crown and tube as I have found out from another post.

In ordering the items I would need to Omega case number.

Can anyone help on this? Or point me in the right direction? Or provide the part numbers for the replacement?

Thank you in advance.

Sal

JSJ

It seems that my Ceramic Planet Ocean has suffered the ill fated stripped crown issue. I need to replace the crown and tube as I have found out from another post.

In ordering the items I would need to Omega case number.

Can anyone help on this? Or point me in the right direction? Or provide the part numbers for the replacement?

Thank you in advance.

Sal

Have you tried squeezing the crown tube gently with pliers? Worked for me and has been no trouble since.

There is a thread on RWI with a load of info about PO part numbers but I can't find it at the moment. Try searching there.

This RWG thread (started by the now infamous SSTEEL) has some info http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=72785 . It's a bit of a minefield and I never did buy one in the end. It's a rep after all. You soon reach the price of a new rep if you start buying gen bits for it and frankly I can't see any visual difference between a rep and a gen crown.

Cousins are now saying "Please be aware Swatch are restricting the quantity of parts they now supply, subsequently your order may be reduced to a quantity of one piece per item per order without prior notice."

Swatch have already announced that the parts won't be available as of December this year. They are doing a Rolex.

letti001

I read through and this and yes it is a bit confusing. It does have a 42mm crown buried in it. I would also need the tube and Cousins needs the case part number in their wizard.

Certainly I am not the best but I have really tried finding the case part number. One would think that it is not that big of a secret.

Sal