Sign in to follow this  
austinsom

A bit of a plea to Franken a UPO

austinsom

Hi all,

To cut a long story short, I had a modder all lined up to finish off one UPO Franken and build another. Sadly, they are now not able to take the work on, and this leaves me with an unfinished watch. I would therefore like to find someone, preferably based in the UK who can do the following work for me:

- Install a gen HE valve

- Replace the existing bezel with a gen bezel (I have the walkthrough document for this - I'm just too scared to try it, lol)

- Movement swap (replace existing A2836 with Gen Omega 2500C, including work to modify crown position)

- Replace and machine gen movement ring so the watch will take the gen caseback I have.

That's basically it for that one.

The second will need the following:

- Swap movement to Omega 2500B, including work to modify crown position.

- Install gen crown and tube

- swap out crystal for better aftermarket crystal

- Add gen dial and hands

- Add gen bezel

And that is it for that one!

If I can't find anyone who can do this, then keep and eye out as there will be a couple of rather nice Omega movements going up for sale, plus an almost finished franken and a few other bits. I'm just not willing to try it myself and risk damaging/breaking anything!

If anyone knows of anyone on the board who does this type of thing, please let me know!

:)

austinsom

Sadly they don't do case mods, otherwise that would have been ideal. It looks as though I may have to part out what I have and get a gen, which is sad as I was looking forward to having it finished, but good as it's a gen :giggle:

Duzza

What about Rolie?

austinsom

Thanks Duzza, I've dropped him a PM to ask about some other work I want doing and pointed him to this thread to see if he'd be interested. If he's not, at least my search has begun!

RUSH2112

There seems to be a lot more interest in frankens at rwi and the knitting circle. You might try there.

austinsom

Thanks for the heads up - I have made a post there, but as I don't visit much, I'm not entirely sure I have put it in the right place!

Left Coast Guy

Any chance you can post the walk-through document on the bezel swap? I'm planning on doing a bezel swap and have found the info available less than complete, so I'd appreciate any other resources I could get my hands on!!

Irishcain

If you were CONUS, I'd suggest d_chico, Vac, or myself. Other than watchrepairsUK, I'm afraid I can't be of too much help there.

austinsom

Any chance you can post the walk-through document on the bezel swap? I'm planning on doing a bezel swap and have found the info available less than complete, so I'd appreciate any other resources I could get my hands on!!

It's over on RWI - link is here: http://www.replica-w...Minutes-or-Less

If you're not a member I will ask the author is I can repost here. It actually looks really straightforward. I'm just a wimp!

If you were CONUS, I'd suggest d_chico, Vac, or myself. Other than watchrepairsUK, I'm afraid I can't be of too much help there.

I always thought you were in London :boxedin: You learn something new everyday :giggle: Next time I am stateside, and if the work hasn't been done by then, or I haven't got bored and sold all the bits off I'll drop you a line!

Left Coast Guy

Thanks, that was helpful. Though now I'm unsure about the bezel removal....I was under the impression it would just "pop" off with a butter knife.

Now I just need to decide whether I just get the orange insert or the entire bezel assembly....seems like it would be nice to be able to swap them back and for easily

austinsom

You could get two bezels, or two watches (I did the latter, then got carried away!). If this doesn't go so well, I'll be selling two bezels, complete with inserts. One black, the other orange ;)

Irishcain

If you're not a member I will ask the author is I can repost here. It actually looks really straightforward. I'm just a wimp!

I always thought you were in London :boxedin: You learn something new everyday :giggle: Next time I am stateside, and if the work hasn't been done by then, or I haven't got bored and sold all the bits off I'll drop you a line!

For some reason, I get that A LOT, lol.

austinsom

For some reason, I get that A LOT, lol.

Strange, I wonder why... lol