Sign in to follow this  
mondeov6

Nice Rose Gold Panerai quartz cheapie...

mondeov6

Finally a close neighbour and friend of mine decided to start wearing a watch. (Well occasionally anyway) :D

He is the kind of person that says he do not need a watch, the mobile phone is all he need.

On one of our "Laphroaigh evenings" I got him to at least take a look at some of the wrist shots here and some trusted

dealers websites. To my surprise he actually liked a lot of the watches he saw!! :P .... and he decided to order a watch!! :D

He did not want any kind of "hustle" with the watch so it had to be a quartz and preferably a working chrono and rose gold.

This is what he ordered... (88$ from TS).

Panerai Radiomir Chrono 45mm.

In looks I think the watch is close to a PAM 288 apart from the subdials being to big. (Also on this watch the subdial on the right

has a 24 hour function.) The large second hand and the left subdial are for the chrono function only. So at least there is no

"ticking" second hand moving to immediately reveal this watch as a quartz! ;) ... (unless you start the chrono of course). The watch

has a screw in crown and appears to be overall quite well built. The strap is decent and has an RG screw in tang buckle. A good thing

is the brown stiching instead of the "usual white". Suits this watch well. The lume is quite good.

And to the most important thing.... he is VERY pleased with his new watch and that is in the end what counts!

Some pictures.........

rgpam2.jpg

rgpam1.jpg

rgpam3.jpg

rgpam4.jpg

rgpam5.jpg

rgpam7.jpg

rgpam6.jpg

greg_r

That's real nice for a cheapie.... almost tempted to buy one as a 'beater' for myself...

mondeov6
That's real nice for a cheapie.... almost tempted to buy one as a 'beater' for myself...

I was for a brief moment thinking the same since this watch is actually very nice but I have my sight

set for either the new PAM 212 the 177 Ti case or the 288.... ahhhrgghhh!!!... decisions, decisions!!

I want them all but this my wallet (read wife)... says NO!! :D .... ohhh... fokk!!.. I have become a

first class PAM addict!! :P :D

Aren

WOW...that is a stunningly gorgeous watch.

It's no secret that I really like the RG and love the PAM's.

This watch is quite lovely.

Great strap too...really great combination.

No wonder he is pleased. :P

Another addict in the making.

Great watch Mondeo and wonderful pix too.

Your friend is very lucky he had you to help him.

He hit the ground running with a beautiful watch.

All the Best to him.