Sign in to follow this  
Jay123

Rolex datewheel...

Jay123

Is there anywhere i can buy a datewheel for my rep to make it look that more real?, the rep i have now is from andrew and is a datejust ii, but the date font is slightly too big i would say. Is there anywhere i can buy a real datewheel from and how much would it cost?

Thanks for your time

KBH

You can buy an aftermarket Rolex datewheel from several places which can be used as an overlay to replace the rep overlay. Somewhat difficult, but doable. Check Ewatchparts.com for instance. Gen date wheels show up on eBay and other places around the Web if you make an effort to find them.

But it's more likely that the replica cyclops is making the date look to big rather than the date wheel. I would suggest trying either a gen crystal or a Clark replacement crystal.

This one has an Ewatchparts Rolex DW because I wanted it in silver or gray and that's the only one I could find:

blueserti.jpg

Jay123

To be honest i think it could be both, because the date window slightly cuts off abit of the number 2. I will upload some pics later on and tell me what you all think?

trailboss99

Does a gen or Clarke crystal fit the average rep?

Why not just replace the cyclops with the correct one? Lots easier and cheaper.

Col.

Jay123

Cheers for the reply mate, whats it like changing the cyclops is it easier yeah? i think i might make this a frankenjust(sp) :)

KBH
Does a gen or Clarke crystal fit the average rep?

Why not just replace the cyclops with the correct one? Lots easier and cheaper.

Col.

Most of the ETA DJ's seem to have the same size crystal as the gen. Shieldsy I remember was putting gen or Clark crystals in a couple of them lately. I believe he made up several of what he called Frankejusts with rep cases.

KBH

After looking at a couple of mine I'd say the numbers are too big. They do fill up slightly more of the date window than mine and the print looks a little bolder.

DSCN4557.jpg

DSCN4561.jpg

Compared to yours:

dsc01147smallversion.jpg

The top one is an aftermarket that I got from a member on RWGforum and I'm not sure about the second one but I believe it's from a rep.

Jay123

Thanks mate, so i will be looking at getting another datedisc, does the crystal look alligned right yes? Also How big of a job is it changing the datewheel as i dont think i would be able to do it myself...

KBH

Once you get the hands and dial off it's not extremely difficult. It's a very thin metal disc that is glued over the original ETA date wheel. It is pretty critical that you get it aligned perfectly as it goes around the total date circle which can be tricky. Slow drying glue is pretty essential.

Jay123

Is there anyone in the UK who does watch repairs or would do this for me? thanks

greg_r
Is there anyone in the UK who does watch repairs or would do this for me? thanks

Try our very own Brightlight. You'll find his subforum linked from the home page of the board.