Sign in to follow this  
stiltzkin

Where to locate replacement / new 7750 movments?

stiltzkin

So I went on the Bay after a couple of sherbets, got carried away with the idea of building my own watch and bought me an old case, back, crystal, crown and pushers for something described as ‘New old Stock’ designed for a 7750 movement. Its dial is a Chrono day-date thing for which I have found some nice looking hand sets… See the pictures below for an idea of what it is I’m on about...

5301074036_896b043703.jpg

5300479457_ebf950ed56.jpg

5300479531_4aa215db90.jpg

Not really after any judgments on my poor taste for mediocre watch cases but more a pointer towards where one would lay their hands on this kind of Chrono, Day-Date 7750 movement. Now as I am 99% sure I shall fuck up my first attempts at putting this thing together, I am not looking for an ETA, a clone would be perfect – if I can lay my hands on one.

I’ve seen watches with this configuration (e.g. Tag F1), so I presume I should be able to just get the movement from somewhere?

Assuming I can get the movement, I just then need to lay my hands on some tools, crown stem, a bench and summon all of that deeply hidden natural watch building talent which I’m sure is in there somewhere…

Thanks in advance for any pointers…

djprone

was this on ebay recently? I saw these exact same parts, i'm sure they were still for auction last night

stiltzkin

Onz: thanks for the links... Found the movement on the PDF of the Chinese copies. However I particularly like this paragraph within the first link.

"If you are not a watch repairperson you have no rights or sane reason for purchasing a movement. Before rocket science was a science watches were considered man’s finest most delicate machines to date. Watch movements should not be handled by anyone who is not prepared to repair it or pay a trained professional to find and fix the problem. Those who have never worked with watches before and think they can install a movement in a watch case, without any training or professional help, well you better be prepared to buy 3 or 4 movements or at least pay some one to repair the first one you broke."

Perhaps would have been a good idea to do some of this research before leaping in and buying parts...

Dj: must be the same stuff... Bought it earlier today. Haven't a bloody clue how to make a watch out of it though

onzenuub
Onz: thanks for the links... Found the movement on the PDF of the Chinese copies. However I particularly like this paragraph within the first link.

"If you are not a watch repairperson you have no rights or sane reason for purchasing a movement. Before rocket science was a science watches were considered man’s finest most delicate machines to date. Watch movements should not be handled by anyone who is not prepared to repair it or pay a trained professional to find and fix the problem. Those who have never worked with watches before and think they can install a movement in a watch case, without any training or professional help, well you better be prepared to buy 3 or 4 movements or at least pay some one to repair the first one you broke."

Perhaps would have been a good idea to do some of this research before leaping in and buying parts...

Dj: must be the same stuff... Bought it earlier today. Haven't a bloody clue how to make a watch out of it though

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...p?showtopic=655

sconehead

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...p?showtopic=655

Tssssssssssssssssssssssk, messing with watches is 99% patience...even monkeys can do it...just read the tuto's, get some decent tools and have a go...you'll suprise yourself mate...:P

stiltzkin

Onz: thanks once again... That link is going to be keeping me busy. Thanks for digging it out...

Scone: I shall now set me self two new years resolutions... Build a watch before 2012 and find myself some Patience (ohhh oooo, just a little patience - I've been walking the street tonight, just tryin' to get it right. Hard to see with so many around, you know I don't like been stuck in the crowd..) unless you like guns n roses, that last part may seem slightly abstract... (it's been a long day)