Sign in to follow this  
chase0224

What realistic Patek rep are you guys looking forward to?

_DC_
Posted this in another thread and I'm getting quite pumped up about this. There's a new Nautilus that looks about right this time.

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1752

Nope!

This is just the white dial version of the newly released "decorated movement" Nautilus. Yes the hands are correct, yes the movements pretty, yes the white dial is more accurate than the blue dial one, but because of the fake bridges it's 12mm thick!!! That's hella thick for a Nautilus, no no no!!!

DC

Gmtaddict

Well, I'm no longer in the Nautilus game but for something nice I would mix the old (case, bracelet, movement) and new Miyota (dial, hands) to get something decent...

thehacker
Posted this in another thread and I'm getting quite pumped up about this. There's a new Nautilus that looks about right this time.

http://www.torobravo...product_id=1752

Nope!

This is just the white dial version of the newly released "decorated movement" Nautilus. Yes the hands are correct, yes the movements pretty, yes the white dial is more accurate than the blue dial one, but because of the fake bridges it's 12mm thick!!! That's hella thick for a Nautilus, no no no!!!

DC

Yeah.. that's 1 detail that I overlooked... how thick is the gen Nautilus?

bowtiefanatc

At 12mm it's only 2mm shy of the Nautilus Chrono which is 14mm and from DC's comparison that one is much thicker than he regular Nautilus. Looks like Standard Miyota it is

thehacker

At 12mm it's only 2mm shy of the Nautilus Chrono which is 14mm and from DC's comparison that one is much thicker than he regular Nautilus. Looks like Standard Miyota it is

The thickness specified in Torro is 12 mm... I visually compared it to the pictures in Patek's website and can't really tell much. I guess it's only if you put the real and gen side by side then you can tell the difference. For me I'm a fan of bigger watches and 40mm is about as small I'm willing to go for.

_DC_

The thickness specified in Torro is 12 mm... I visually compared it to the pictures in Patek's website and can't really tell much. I guess it's only if you put the real and gen side by side then you can tell the difference. For me I'm a fan of bigger watches and 40mm is about as small I'm willing to go for.

If you're not a fan of small watches (under 40mm) then the Nautilus is possibly not for you. It wears smaller than it's 40mm size would suggest. The 40mm measurement is taken diagonally across the bezel from 10 to 4, but since the bezel has a "TV set" kinda shape to it it's actually less than 40mm from 9 to 3 and from 12 to 6. The "ears" obviously make it measure more than 40mm across from 9 to 3 but the visual look of the watch is entirely dictated by the bezel, plus the bezel is quite wide so the dial is even smaller, adding to the small appearance of the watch!!

DC

Godfathar

Well, I'm no longer in the Nautilus game but for something nice I would mix the old (case, bracelet, movement) and new Miyota (dial, hands) to get something decent...

Do you think that's possible? to use the new MKF miyota blue dial on the old miyota case? I would do it if I get a confirmation somehow.

Barth

Do you think that's possible? to use the new MKF miyota blue dial on the old miyota case? I would do it if I get a confirmation somehow.

Why would you do that mate ? The dial is wrong on the new MKF. Pattern is totally off.

edit : but I'm guessing it's technically possible, as the movement is the same, so are the dial feet.

Edited by Barth

Godfathar

Why would you do that mate ? The dial is wrong on the new MKF. Pattern is totally off.

edit : but I'm guessing it's technically possible, as the movement is the same, so are the dial feet.

It just just a passing thought. Now it has passed thankfully lol

Barth

Chase that thought away :spank: :P

(I have the "old" Miyota incoming ;) )

_DC_

Chase that thought away :spank: :P

(I have the "old" Miyota incoming ;) )

Good choice, it's the best option still I think, yes the hands are wrong but I honestly don't notice day-to-day!

DC

Barth

Good choice, it's the best option still I think, yes the hands are wrong but I honestly don't notice day-to-day!

DC

Cheers DC. I can't wait.

Cdevil

What about this 5170j.... heheh

c22a9c157c4156d34c5e1e30dcaa7e41.jpg

8b0170d6e64a1f57e0f2d8a05e85bf61.jpg

Edited by Cdevil

Kleen™

Delete your QC pics....

Cdevil
Delete your QC pics....

Sorry, got carried away

_DC_
What about this 5170j.... heheh

c22a9c157c4156d34c5e1e30dcaa7e41.jpg

8b0170d6e64a1f57e0f2d8a05e85bf61.jpg

Laz?!

Kleen™
Delete your QC pics....

Sorry, got carried away

Personally, I don't mind at all....but the boys in blue are not that lenient regarding QCs...:)

_DC_

What... huh.... QC pics of what, what did you get Cdevil?!?!?

DC

Cdevil

DC

A 5170j, DC, it's been a dream watch since Patek released it in bassel 2010.

So I just pulled the trigger on one.

_DC_

DC

I so wish that there was a better rep of the 5170, it's a beautiful watch and the current rep doesn't do it justice IMO!

DC

Cdevil

DC

I so wish that there was a better rep of the 5170, it's a beautiful watch and the current rep doesn't do it justice IMO!

DC

Between the current 5170j and the Lange Datograph, which would you rather pick?

oriontuition

I hope accurate reps of all the 175th anniversary models will be made

_DC_

DC

DC

Between the current 5170j and the Lange Datograph, which would you rather pick?

Datograph, all day long, the subdials are the wrong colour and it's a bit too big but it's a superb quality feeling watch, the current 5170 doesn't have the same feel to it!!

DC

Loggerchicken45

Personally looking forward to a 324/315 Mov't with better engraving quality, the gold-colored words carved into the back looks kind of like cheese paste on the most current reps