Sign in to follow this  
luv2flyjrn

PM with intent - is that really needed?

andyboy

Don`t worry OP

another 25 of these quality posts and you will be eligible to receive pm`s with intent.

:thumbsup2:

Steve36

Figure of speech ain't it?

You know what they say a bird in the hand is worth a shit on the wrist...

How about in the sales section advertising with for sale with intent?

Kcore

I think most are just PMSing

Daywatch

PM with intent signalling I´m pretty sure I want to buy it, with funds in place, if all is fine/agreed upon on the details as opposed to being just interested.

As has been said:

- alerts the Seller there is a message from an interested person as opposed to spam

- marks the thread to find it easily

- signals to others it could be gone if it´s on a fifo-basis

Left Coast Guy

While I'd normally be game for some good ole fashion noob bashing, I'm actually with the OP on this one, 'PM with intent' is fucking annoying...

In my sales experience on the boards, 'PM with intent' usually means lowball offer. Then I feel like other potential buyers see that post on a sale thread and move on, because they feel like they missed out on the watch so its not worth spending time on. Then you have to go back on your thread and write ' Still Available' -- I know that doesn't sound like a huge inconvenience, but if you don't check the board super often, you end up with what looks like a dead sales thread for several hours which hurts your chance for sale.

So if you post that in a sales thread, the extent of your PM questions for me better be, 'what's your paypal info?'

Chrisby

I dunno... I do it because I've seen others do it.

I normally don't even send a pm either...

Hornet

Saying "pm with intent" doesn't bother me, what annoys me in sales is when someone PMs a question and you fire a quick response only for silence to descend.....

....had a pm the other day from someone asking if a watch was still for sale 6 months later on after it was sold.

mysterio

Well, it depends if Intent was with you when you PM'ed. Otherwise it would be "PM'ed by my lonesome." :lol:

elp

Saying "pm with intent" doesn't bother me, what annoys me in sales is when someone PMs a question and you fire a quick response only for silence to descend.....

Agreed, not even a "thank you" sometimes - goes straight to the bottom of my list

....had a pm the other day from someone asking if a watch was still for sale 6 months later on after it was sold.

Yeah, but was it a PM with intent?

If not, can we please stay on topic? :D

Mattcas

I sometimes use it , as an additional way to draw the attention of the seller if i am pressed for time and seriousely interested in a purchase , some of us (myself included) often do not notice we have a PM and forget to periodically check anyway .

if its late and i intend to go offline soon , I use that statement to increase my chance of "drawing" the Sellers attention. i do not allway use it tho, may be "PM'ed" If I want to add a question , "PM'ed with intent, If i have left a PM with the intention of a purchase , and once (only once) i used "PM'ed with "extreme prejudice" that was my impatient way of saying " where the fook are you , i am waiting here" but in a nice way (you understand)

conclusion , of course its nessessary.

When are you ever pressed for time in relation to buying a watch aha? I can just imagine you like "Oh jeez its a week until the big reunion I sure could do with a new Pam" ;)

Hornet

Agreed, not even a "thank you" sometimes - goes straight to the bottom of my list

Yeah, but was it a PM with intent?

If not, can we please stay on topic? :D

....very vague intent.

Sorry for going off topic, carry on....

Steve36

I've actually used it, but never low balled anyone if anything I usually pay what there asking, if the watch is worth it why banter? but guilty as charged I've intently used the intent while intending to intent white an offer of intending to buy is in progress...... Obviously with intent

Hornet
I've actually used it, but never low balled anyone if anything I usually pay what there asking, if the watch is worth it why banter? but guilty as charged I've intently used the intent while intending to intent white an offer of intending to buy is in progress...... Obviously with intent

A whole load of intent here....

Steve36

Intently

_DC_

It doesn't bother me enough to start a thread about it but I agree it's pointless. I don't agree that it puts any pressure on the seller though!

I'll expand on both those points since I'm in the middle of a tricky poo so I got time on my hands...

I agree it's pointless because when I refresh RWG the first thing I notice is if I've got a PM there's a big red "1" on my inbox, and I'll check that before I check for any new posts on my threads, especially if I'm selling something. So I'm gonna see your PM long before I see your post telling me you've PM'd, ergo your post alerting me to something I already know is pointless!!

I disagree with it putting pressure on a seller because a) as already mentioned I've had your PM and probably already replied to it by the time I see the post but more importantly b) it actually puts pressure on the person posting to say they've PM'd with intent!!! How?! Well you've just needlessly bumped my sales thread, making it more likely that someone else will see it and PM me an offer too... and maybe I go with their offer, maybe it's higher, maybe they're a VIP member and you're not, maybe they're prettier than you are (I can be won over with sexual favours)!!

So there ya go, that's my two cents... now PUSH... damn subway beef melt!!!!

DC

Cannibal

It's a post much like a dog pissing to mark its territory.

Next time I post a PM post on a sales thread, i'll say: 'PMed so the rest of your fuckers back the fuck off this foine fucking piece."

Kinda the same thing as 'pmed with intent', no?

GenTLe
I tried search and got lots of sales results so I thought I would pose the question here.

Why bother with PM with intent? I get the idea that you are really excited about the watch but there are other buyers out there with equal excitement. I my mind I don't think a sale is done until either agreed or funds sent. The PM with intent is basically doing the kids game of calling dibs and putting the onus on the seller to hold an item with no real collateral and the real possibility of loosing out of other sales.

I could be off on this, it could be because of my sales background, but I just feel it is unfair to sellers to do the PM with intent thing. What do you guys think?

FYI - this is going to be a post and run for about an hour until I get to work then I will check replies and respond.

PM with intent for me means: "Ehi mate, I am here, I am in Italy and I am ready to purchase. .it I am the first in the queue and/or if you want to sell it to me, just send me the PP details."

Otherwise how to select the buyer and have the data like Pp and shipping address?

And... Until now I have put it in the sale thread less time then simply sending the pm alone, but I think I'll start using it because without the "PM with intent" in the thread it is much more difficult to find the sale thread later on.

UmpaHimself

Yeah. BS. It aint over until the money is in my PP. It's anyones game until then

Rav747

pisses me off when someone says that on my sales thread.

8 out of 10 times its a lowball offer and well... thats a whole another thread on its own.

GenTLe

8 out of 10 times its a lowball offer and well... thats a whole another thread on its own.

If you'll put on m2m something interesting I'll then "PM wiithout lowball offer but a lot of intent" your thread ;)

Rav747

If you'll put on m2m something interesting I'll then "PM wiithout lowball offer but a lot of intent" your thread ;)

i am going to hold you to that :lol:

Hornet
It doesn't bother me enough to start a thread about it but I agree it's pointless. I don't agree that it puts any pressure on the seller though!

I'll expand on both those points since I'm in the middle of a tricky poo so I got time on my hands...

I agree it's pointless because when I refresh RWG the first thing I notice is if I've got a PM there's a big red "1" on my inbox, and I'll check that before I check for any new posts on my threads, especially if I'm selling something. So I'm gonna see your PM long before I see your post telling me you've PM'd, ergo your post alerting me to something I already know is pointless!!

I disagree with it putting pressure on a seller because a) as already mentioned I've had your PM and probably already replied to it by the time I see the post but more importantly b) it actually puts pressure on the person posting to say they've PM'd with intent!!! How?! Well you've just needlessly bumped my sales thread, making it more likely that someone else will see it and PM me an offer too... and maybe I go with their offer, maybe it's higher, maybe they're a VIP member and you're not, maybe they're prettier than you are (I can be won over with sexual favours)!!

So there ya go, that's my two cents... now PUSH... damn subway beef melt!!!!

DC

.....you're never going to get any sexual favours offered now you've talked about your complicated number 2.

Do you have the intent to push?

OLDBLOKE74

I quite like it - normally it means they have offered slightly below asking, so if I am considering a bid and see a "PM with intent" post I know I have to offer full price and do the deal quickly

_DC_
I quite like it - normally it means they have offered slightly below asking, so if I am considering a bid and see a "PM with intent" post I know I have to offer full price and do the deal quickly

See, I told ya, if you leave a "PM with intent" post all you're doing is bumping the sales thread and encouraging others to offer, and I'd sell to Bob over anyone else any day of the week ;) !!

DC

Robin195959
I tried search and got lots of sales results so I thought I would pose the question here.

Why bother with PM with intent? I get the idea that you are really excited about the watch but there are other buyers out there with equal excitement. I my mind I don't think a sale is done until either agreed or funds sent. The PM with intent is basically doing the kids game of calling dibs and putting the onus on the seller to hold an item with no real collateral and the real possibility of loosing out of other sales.

I could be off on this, it could be because of my sales background, but I just feel it is unfair to sellers to do the PM with intent thing. What do you guys think?

FYI - this is going to be a post and run for about an hour until I get to work then I will check replies and respond.

It's a bit like wounding with intent but less sinister!!

Anyone heard of wounding without intent?

Or PM'd someone without intent?

Good question raising the subject of the human's endless capacity to talk shit.