Sign in to follow this  
hnic

what version Rolex gmt blnr would you advise?!

Prcowboy

Got ya lol. I wouldn't even trust them with an old fossil I had when I was 18 lol, i'm 29 now lol

CaptainFantastic

I have the latest noob version with a2836. I wear it a couple times a week and so far no issues. Hopefully it'll stand the test of time. I think this latest version with the platinum paint bezel inlays and attention to detail on the GMT hand and on the dial markings is a real winner. Great watch.

Just realised I haven't taken any pics yet. I should get on that.

GenTLe

Mates, there is one on the m2m section right now. Grab it while it is available!

Hinclimincli

Apologies for the necropost, but I'm doing some research on rep GMTs and can't seem to find updated info so I thought reviewing this discussion would be better than just creating a new post.

After reading this: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=770 I see there that three movements are mentioned: Asian 21j, ETA 2836 faux hands and ETA 2836 correct hands. Seems like the latter, while being closest to the gen is the least recommend due to some technical problems.

Now, the thread (a recommended lecture to everyone, btw) is from 2009 so I assume lots of things have changed. I see lots of feedback in this precise thread too, very useful as well and seems like the ETAs are still the way to go.

Now, I have been checking some TDs here and I can see a few more movements, actually.

Asian 2813 21j

Asian/Swiss ETA 2832-2 nodded (wrong stack I assume, but there are two so perhaps one has the right hands stack?)

Asian 3186

Asian SH3186 advertised as "right stack"

As far as I have been reading,the A3186 doesn't have enough quality to justify the price so I'm happy to skip that one.

However, I'd like to go with the right hand stack as I find the way of setting the hours very useful compared to the wrong hand stack.

I guess the question is if the current ETAs 2836-2 with right hand stack are reliable and also if the SH3186 is reliable or just another classic marketing move to get more money?