Sign in to follow this  
UmpaHimself

What's Your Favorite 2015 Rep

UmpaHimself

Just like the title says. What is your favorite rep that was released in 2015 and why? Let's keep it to one model only. You can include a pic but let's limit that too. It doesn't have to be an all new release, it can just be a new version but it has to have been released after Jan 1, 2015

No long winded "I like this one because this, I like that one because it's this, but the one I like to wear most is this... +1000 photos" No. Lets keep it to the point and hopefully educational for noobs and old fogies alike :D

My favorite so far has been the Panerai 508. The quality is fantastic and I love the fact that they started using real ceramic. It shows how far these rep factories are willing to go. Everything on it is tight, sturdy and refined. Lume is good, date is aligned along with the pearl (which I am seeing more consistently through out all the reps). The strap was shit but that was an easy fix. Honestly, if the lume was a tad brighter this watch may be perfect but that is nit picking. Plus, the fact that it's a closed caseback makes this an easy super rep!

Here is a nice shot of the dial texture:

17160325318_0033fe7a84_b.jpgPanerai 508 CP by Tyler David, on Flick

Pihlippe

Can't remember if I have bought a rep this year

Mine will be PAM 382 , just have to buy one first... :)

UmpaHimself

Can't remember if I have bought a rep this year

Mine will be PAM 382 , just have to buy one first... :)

You don't have one yet? What are you waiting for man?!

bakou

Since i have a tiny wrist, i'm not a big fan of panerai but this one looks quite amazing. i can't find a review of the 508 yet. ( yes i used the search bar )

i'm looking foward to read the first returns of the JLC reverso 1931 who looks perfect

Edited by bakou

UmpaHimself

Since i have a tiny wrist, i'm not a big fan of panerai but this one looks quite amazing. i can't find a review of the 508 yet. ( yes i used the search bar )

i'm looking foward to read the first returns of the JLC reverso 1931 who looks perfect

Yeah the Reverso looks very nice. Looking forward to the reviews on that.

You can read my review on the 508 here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=100721&hl=&fromsearch=1

It's definitely a beast at 47mm.

greg_r

I don't really have a favourite that came out this year. My favourite that I bought this year, however, has to be the Hamilton Ventura.

ShovelnTC

I've only bought one watch so far this year but I'm going to buy a B&R 123 when/if the Sapphire crystal version is released.

I love the combination of pilot and diver feel with slim bezel and large numbers.

Gen pic.

imgrc0067933007.jpg

bakou

Thanks for the link Umpa

corsa

Hey, Umpa.

For me, it's a toss up between the Panerai 508 Ceramica or the 382 Bronzo, both KW and spectacular.

at this moment in time I'll shout out for the Bronzo.

IMG_6706.jpg

Stuvetjee

My Noob V5 sub :)

KeNnY

I dont own it, but this is definitely my favourite currently.

Dietrich OT3 (ORGANIC TIME 3)

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=103470

Yup really so far the piece most interesting to me this year

Boycie

Has to be this one for me, I just love it......Titanium is a scratch magnet though :)

FDC41A72-8E0E-474C-A7C6-04DB235CA59E_zpsqwdrfjdn.jpg

avc0002

I dont really know when any of my watches were released. but my 42mm PO is just fantastic.

wqleow

I know it's not the most accurate rep but the PAM 512 is a godsend to thin wrist individuals like me.

TheSav
Has to be this one for me, I just love it......Titanium is a scratch magnet though :)

FDC41A72-8E0E-474C-A7C6-04DB235CA59E_zpsqwdrfjdn.jpg

You're finally wearing your watch on the "correct" wrist. :Applause:

:lol:

UmpaHimself
I know it's not the most accurate rep but the PAM 512 is a godsend to thin wrist individuals like me.

Yes! And a nice looking watch regardless. There have been a few nice 42mm PAM releases. I plan on picking up a 337

sgtguk

I've only bought one watch so far this year but I'm going to buy a B&R 123 when/if the Sapphire crystal version is released.

I love the combination of pilot and diver feel with slim bezel and large numbers.

Gen pic.

imgrc0067933007.jpg

I'm not into B&R normally but this is a beauty....my fav this year has gotta be my Noob V5 :)

EBWing

Pam 616 carbotech

2DE48404-B2CD-4846-BC53-EDB92BE44959_zpsbfypogcu.jpg

Gazzla
QqDv33h.jpg?2

Left Coast Guy

I got the new Fiddy a few weeks back and have been pretty enamored with it.

Here she is on a custom Nero strap:

18535862764_d2787dfe54_b.jpg18972569538_36a851ef81_b.jpg

fatarms

I dont own it, but this is definitely my favourite currently.

Dietrich OT3 (ORGANIC TIME 3)

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=103470

Not really a fan of this, but probably the best example in this thread. It's a breath of fresh air to see that some more obscure brands are being repped rather than the same watches over and over. I'm also a big fan of the Carbotech, but the price is just too much right now.

KarmaToBurn

I really like that BR123 and would order one if I didn't have an homage version on pre-order. I'm really hoping they come out with the GMT version though. That would be an instant buy for me.

UmpaHimself

I'm not into B&R normally but this is a beauty....my fav this year has gotta be my Noob V5 :)

I agree. I like B&R but never liked them on wrist. I was very close to buying the gen of this one but decided against it at the last minute. I think the only shortcoming here is not repping that tropic style strap. That makes the watch IMO.

Pam 616 carbotech

That one is also fantastic. It's flaws dont even bug me but I am a diehard 508 fan so there is no room in my box for the 616. Wear it well!

QqDv33h.jpg?2

Great shot! The V5 has finally resolved some long awaited issues. A really high quality piece.

I got the new Fiddy a few weeks back and have been pretty enamored with it.

Looks great on the new strap. Does that have the Y incabloc?

Not really a fan of this, but probably the best example in this thread. It's a breath of fresh air to see that some more obscure brands are being repped rather than the same watches over and over. I'm also a big fan of the Carbotech, but the price is just too much right now.

I also don't like it, on par with the SevenFriday to me although I do like it better. I guess more so I wouldn't buy it but it is interesting nonetheless and I agree it's nice to see them branching out along with other brands like Zenith and Longines. I'm sure they throw a Seagull movement into the Carbo and you'll be able to grab it $100 off. ;)

GenTLe

I dont havr it but for me definitively this beauty:

(gen pic)

iwc-portuguese-tourbillon-mystere-1.jpg

(rep)

IWC2015042802-01_enl.JPG