Sign in to follow this  
Del

Seiko Prospex Kinetic GMT - holiday purchase #2!

Del

I already posted about the Longines HydroConquest that I bought while here inTenerife on holiday. While buying the Longines, I also saw this Seiko and had to go back to see it again...:facepalm:

This is model no. SUN023P1 and is from the Prospex range. The case is 47.5mm, and is polished s/s with a black metal shroud. The crystal is sapphire with AR and the watch is powered by the 5M85 Kinetic movement (up to 6 months power reserve!).

Of course, this is a diver with 200m rating, rotating bezel, screw-down crown, screw-down power button and screw-down caseback. The strap is soft silicon with a chunky black tang buckle and black metal keeper. The lume is nuclear! :D

The black dial is superb with raised hour markers and a GMT scale. The hands are different colours; hour hand is silver, minute hand is orange, the second hand is silver/black and the GMT hand is blue. The bezel is an orange/black/silver combo and the crown has a matching orange ring. :)

This is a big (and quite heavy) watch so I'll probably only wear it at weekends but what a watch - it's spectacular! :woo:

Here are some quick iPhone pics, again hosted by Tapatalk so quality is reduced. Hope you enjoy anyway!

9efe9cbf75caf98da947251e7958b00f.jpg

72d22ee91b9db2844d9ccf7781cac1b4.jpg

f191e5496cfb818d2e5d12941e2a8535.jpg

18b09b2551c4a130230c6283372c09f5.jpg

61b53db036d8c71e8859fd7bd0fcb1a0.jpg

eea1cfdb4eda84173b1f70d780486337.jpg

da9467682c701d0d083238a3181e46b1.jpg

226db69cc61e03d15c88085cc60e012c.jpg

Pharmo

Lovely pick up mate, can never, ever, go wrong with a seiko :)

I have been tempted by the prospec range before but too scared of the size and weight!!

Enjoy in good health.

KeNnY

Great BUY DEL !

WELCOME TO THE CLUB OF SUNxxx watches :lol:

AndyBlue

Jesus

Most people just get pissed on holiday, maybe get a shit tattoo or sun stroke.

But not you, ay Del?

Two cracking pick ups!

Congrats!

Your holiday bills must be stacking up!

Foxindebox

That's lovely Del, great looking watch! Enjoy it (and the rest of your holiday).

Question is, are you going to make it a hat-trick? ;)

WatchDog21

Nice pick up Del. I have been considering the SUN021. I have been asking the whole kinetic watch winder question and never get the same answer. AD said just use a regular watch winder. Seiko customer support said only a Seiko Kinetic charger. Since this will be a weekender let us know who well the charging and power reserve work for you.

Enjoy it, its a great looking watch!

BadPickle

Nice sun tan :thumbsup2:

UmpaHimself

Love that one man. Been tempted by its beauty in the past! Love the metal keeper too, nice touch

Chavezzito

Nice sun tan :thumbsup2:

:rofl:

Del...I need to try one of your vacation forms!

greg_r

real nice, Del. Enjoy it, mate.

Kcore

Canary Island vacation, 2 great gen purchases, the only question I have is, will you adopt me ?

Del

:lol: Some funny stuff there guys!

Thanks for the comments! :)

gmchris

Blimey that's a watch and a half! Have you reserved the seat on your left to make space for it on the flight home- and is there an aviation fuel surcharge for carrying that monster?

chickenflex

How much is this watch in Tenerife?

Del
Blimey that's a watch and a half! Have you reserved the seat on your left to make space for it on the flight home- and is there an aviation fuel surcharge for carrying that monster?

:lol: Hope not!

How much is this watch in Tenerife?

Well, it was about £350 for the flight over....;)

I got a good discount of around 22%, plus a good Euro/GBP exchange rate. :)

plankton

Now thats completly new to me. Very interesting, enjoy!

baxter

you're out of control man !!!!! :rofl:

........ great looking Diver mate !!!

Mazz

Yah Seiko!!!!

Del

Thanks guys! :)

you're out of control man !!!!! :rofl:

Yup! :D

Del
Nice pick up Del. I have been considering the SUN021. I have been asking the whole kinetic watch winder question and never get the same answer. AD said just use a regular watch winder. Seiko customer support said only a Seiko Kinetic charger. Since this will be a weekender let us know who well the charging and power reserve work for you.

I've been reading the manual and it has a guide showing how much you need to shake it or wear it to have varying amounts of power reserve. When you press the power button it tells you how much you have from 1 day to 7 days to 6 months when fully charged. If you wear it for a couple of days then you should have generated the full 6 months power reserve. :)

WatchDog21
I've been reading the manual and it has a guide showing how much you need to shake it or wear it to have varying amounts of power reserve. When you press the power button it tells you how much you have from 1 day to 7 days to 6 months when fully charged. If you wear it for a couple of days then you should have generated the full 6 months power reserve. :)

Thanks. I certainly was not going to drop a couple hundred bucks on a Seiko Kinetic charger. Based on this I will not have any concerns.

Del

Thanks. I certainly was not going to drop a couple hundred bucks on a Seiko Kinetic charger. Based on this I will not have any concerns.

Once I've had it for a week or so and I'm back to normal life (i.e. work!) then I'll let you know about the charge performance. I've been shaking it to charge it because I'm not wearing it continuously so can't give a realistic review of how long the charge lasts.

Setting the watch is pretty cool though, you set the minute hand and GMT hand first, then spin the hour hand separately to set the hour and date (back or forwards). :)

trailboss99

Bloody beautiful pick up mate! :drool:

Mike on a bike

Liked those since they came out but at 48 x15 I know I will not wear, love the look though............................ g.gif

great deal here guys 366 USDS ! http://www.dutyfreeislandshop.com/seiko-sun023p1-prospex-kinetic-200m-diver-sapphire-silicone-orange-mens-watch

Chavezzito

Liked those since they came out but at 48 x15 I know I will not wear, love the look though............................ g.gif

great deal here guys 366 USDS ! http://www.dutyfreei...ange-mens-watch

Don´t you have humongous wrists? :)