Sign in to follow this  
shawnnchoo

which is better? Asian ETA 2824-2 25 jewels or Japanese Miyota 9015 21 jewels?

shawnnchoo

which is better?

rawbaws

Personal preference I guess, I would always go miyota 9015 if available

Daywatch

Both are dependable and accurate. It will depend on the specific watch You´re buying and if everything around the movement is better on one or the other.

I prefer the smoother sweep of the 2824-2 seconds hand: BPH - Beats per hour. Asian ETA 2824-2 28,800 BPH or 8 beats per second (4 Hz) vs 21,600 or 6 beats per second (3 Hz) for the Miyota 8215.

Also the Myota I have is non-hackable. Long-term reliability of the Myota might be a bit better when we are talking reps, but this is just an assumption.

rawbaws

Miyota 9015 is 28800bph and hacking

TheSav

Miyota over a clone any day for me.

Daywatch

Miyota 9015 is 28800bph and hacking

Ok, thanks

or better, confused, the internet says: "The Miyota 9015 is a non-hacking twenty-one (21) jewel movement with a uni-directional winding system ..."

UmpaHimself

Well from what I understand the Miyota is going to be a gen movement made in japan as opposed to an ETA clone made in China by various factories of varying quality. Also, the Miyota I had in the Omega Seamaster 300 rep did not hack. Not sure the reference number although I thought it was 9015. Hypothetically their could be variations on that movement though correct?

rawbaws
Well from what I understand the Miyota is going to be a gen movement made in japan as opposed to an ETA clone made in China by various factories of varying quality. Also, the Miyota I had in the Omega Seamaster 300 rep did not hack. Not sure the reference number although I thought it was 9015. Hypothetically their could be variations on that movement though correct?

No. Omega reps with miyota movements are generally the 8215

UmpaHimself

No. Omega reps with miyota movements are generally the 8215

Ah, that definitely makes sense then. :thumbsup2:

GenTLe

The seamaster uses the Miyota 82x5 which is the no hacking 21.6kBPH:)

Martijn0007

Miyota for me.

I have 3 watches that house them, and I've had one for over a year now and it still works great.

Val-Monde

Definitely the 9015, it has 24 jewels by the way.

21 are in 8215, this movement is OK (build to run long without maintenance), but the 9015 is classes better.

Nearly at the same level as gen 2824.

presidente

I definitely would go for a 2824-2, because of the smoother sweep and mostly because you better get it repaired, serviced and parts for it. Even more Hands probably fit on a 2824-2 than on a miyota.

Just my 2 Cents.

plankton

The seamaster uses the Miyota 82x5 which is the no hacking 21.6kBPH:)

Correct, it's a $50 dollar movement at best, I'd actually prefer the Asian. f you love the watch dump an ETA in there.

BadPickle

Asian all the way, purely for the repairs/parts availability. I bet there's not many miyota bits and bobs knocking about for the tinks, gives them a licence to rob the peeps when they screw the movement.

Or am I just being cynical?? ;)

Robin195959

Miyota 9015 for me. Have it in my Obris Morgan Explorer. Smooth hacking and Japanese quality engineered. Understand PBR's parts point of view. But these are unlikely to go wrong IMHO.

Wriggles

I definitely would go for a 2824-2, because of the smoother sweep and mostly because you better get it repaired, serviced and parts for it. Even more Hands probably fit on a 2824-2 than on a miyota.

Just my 2 Cents.

They are both 28800, or had you not read the previous posts? Sweep is the same

Miyota all the way, far less pubes likely to be involved and therefore less likely to need repairing

Aluminum

Miyota 9015 reps generally tend to be of higher quality

cufflink

Asian eta clone and miyota 9015 are of similar specs, but one made in china and one made in Japan. You choose.

umaxim

FYI: most Miyotas are aslo clones, if you don't know... Citizen would never let it's movements be sold to China, even more so than ETA nowadays

CedricWX

This thread is very confusing. Miyota hacks, doesn't hack, there are 2 kinds of Miyota - one hacks the other doesn't, Miyotas are Japanese Gen - no wait Miyotas are clones so presumably Asian clones and full of pubes.

Can anyone who really knows please sum this up. Preferably with pictures of the movements under discussion? Pretty please?

Skogstad

8215 = cheap japanese 21 jewel low beat movement

9015 = good japanese 24 jewel high beat movement

Asian 2824/2836 = chinese clones full of pubes