http://www.marvellousreplica.com/Product_D...ID=201012250101

the 253

http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.ph...roducts_id=2407

http://www.marvellousreplica.com/Product_D...ID=201012250102

and the 288K

http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.php?products_id=2355

http://www.marvellousreplica.com/Product_D...ID=201012250104

What else are we getting??

And just how good are they? Are they properly 1:1 apart from what the movements look like??

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket as I've pretty much given up on the WM9 SD :) and I'm getting itchy trigger finger... lol

The MBW PP Nautilus that SS has tempted us with is indeed tempting... but I'm not sure if it's 'me', and I could get 2 of these 1:1 PAMs for the same money... :)

greg_r

The 288 isn't 1:1 - it's very very good, but not quite perfect (and anything with an A7750 is going to fail the 1:1: test anyhow - they just don't have the same feel as higher quality movements).

The 177 looks pretty damned good to me - easily the best of the current bunch - but I'll let you know more when I've actually had one in my hands - hopefully in a few weeks time :)

ebzen02
The 288 isn't 1:1 - it's very very good, but not quite perfect (and anything with an A7750 is going to fail the 1:1: test anyhow - they just don't have the same feel as higher quality movements).

The 177 looks pretty damned good to me - easily the best of the current bunch - but I'll let you know more when I've actually had one in my hands - hopefully in a few weeks time :)

The 288 in my opinion is closest to 1:1 out of the box. There is basically one tiny fault that is not noticeable on the wrist and it's the chrono pusher cut outs that a bit more pronounced than the gen. It is because of the older movement. But that is essentially it. The case back is closed so you don't see it.

Greg, not sure if you have a new one, but when you get it you will think you are wearing a gen and not Chinese rep.

The 177, while great, has one or two more tells. The movement which is visible to the naked eye once you turn it around is a dead give away. The crown sits too close to the case. And the verdict is out on the dial, although it is the best ever to be available..

All in all and for the price you take your pic because they are both great.

andygt

Be aware that the MBW Nautilus suffers from the same problem as all the nautilus reps - the date window position is incorrectly postioned:

Gen:

pic-watch1.jpg

Rep:

339PATEKPHILIPPE1copy.jpg

Although Baldrick claims his Patek AD didn't notice and offered him a trade-in...

Silverspeed

These new Pams are very nice indeed...I've ordered 2 of them (288 + 177) curious to see if the titanium case of the 177 is better than my previous Ti Pams

I don't care much for all the 1:1 claims....seems to me this is the new marketing phrase replacing the BS Ultimate claims

greg_r

The 288 in my opinion is closest to 1:1 out of the box. There is basically one tiny fault that is not noticeable on the wrist and it's the chrono pusher cut outs that a bit more pronounced than the gen. It is because of the older movement. But that is essentially it. The case back is closed so you don't see it.

Greg, not sure if you have a new one, but when you get it you will think you are wearing a gen and not Chinese rep.

The 177, while great, has one or two more tells. The movement which is visible to the naked eye once you turn it around is a dead give away. The crown sits too close to the case. And the verdict is out on the dial, although it is the best ever to be available..

All in all and for the price you take your pic because they are both great.

A pal of mine just got one from one of our dealers here (he's got a few gen PAMs, but always liked the look of my 288). Looks superb, but just feels like a rep whenever you set the time or use the chrono buttons. It's always the biggest downer for me with A7750s (and the reason why I'm not buying any more of 'em - ST19s or non-chronos for me from now on). 1:1 means look AND feel AFAIC - I'm far more likely to be convinced by a watch that feels like quality.

greg_r
These new Pams are very nice indeed...I've ordered 2 of them (288 + 177) curious to see if the titanium case of the 177 is better than my previous Ti Pams

I don't care much for all the 1:1 claims....seems to me this is the new marketing phrase replacing the BS Ultimate claims

Well put. I agree.

andygt

They might have felt better quality if they had used some nice new 7750 movements instead of the old ones they found lying around

gB.
Rep:

339PATEKPHILIPPE1copy.jpg

Where can you get this one? :lol:

speedzmaster

CG pin fail

Silverspeed
Where can you get this one? :lol:

ya mean this one..... :thumbsup2:

IMG_4792kopie.png

Tom3949
A pal of mine just got one from one of our dealers here (he's got a few gen PAMs, but always liked the look of my 288). Looks superb, but just feels like a rep whenever you set the time or use the chrono buttons. It's always the biggest downer for me with A7750s (and the reason why I'm not buying any more of 'em - ST19s or non-chronos for me from now on). 1:1 means look AND feel AFAIC - I'm far more likely to be convinced by a watch that feels like quality.

I must admit that I have been eyeing up the 288 but have been hesitant because of what I've read on the 7750 movement. I suppose the more complications you have in a rep the less robust it is going to be. I totally agree with Greg on the quality thing. It doesn't matter to me if a watch is the most perfect rep ever if it doesn't have a quality feel and function. I'm amazed with the quality look and feel of the $99 PAM 111 I received from Robert. I know you guys can point out the 'flaws' in a watch such as this - but from a quality point of view - wow!

gB.
I'm amazed with the quality look and feel of the $99 PAM 111 I received from Robert. I know you guys can point out the 'flaws' in a watch such as this - but from a quality point of view - wow!

+1 million! I have the $99 PAM 183 from Robert and the quality is amazing! ;)

PatronSaintofChainsaws
Be aware that the MBW Nautilus suffers from the same problem as all the nautilus reps - the date window position is incorrectly postioned:

Trust me, no one's going to notice. I spotted a couple of Nautilus (Nautili?) on wrists here in town over the last few months, and from even a couple of feet away, I couldn't tell the difference. Combined with the fact that PP WIS are very rare, I don't think you've got much to worry about.

wombosi

How about a 1:1 of the 111H? Is it already available?

Edited by wombosi

gB.
Where can you get this one? :huh:

ya mean this one..... ;)

IMG_4792kopie.png

I guess. Is that the green dial (hard to tell from pic)? I assume it's the over-priced MBW/MBK version. What's that wokky white threading around the edges of dial and on the outside of the markers? Looks like white threading...? :huh: Nothing like the gen pic, which has dots between markers. :)

Great looking watch though! ;)

PatronSaintofChainsaws
I guess. Is that the green dial (hard to tell from pic)? I assume it's the over-priced MBW/MBK version. What's that wokky white threading around the edges of dial and on the outside of the markers? Looks like white threading...? :huh: Nothing like the gen pic, which has dots between markers. :blink:

Great looking watch though! ;)

I think the outer track is correct for Roman-numeral dials (which this isn't), but different MBK versions also have the dots.

Even with the "Swiss Made", IMHO, the MBK looks closer to gen due to the date-window being more open vs. the cartel version.

Pentax

Can the 288 not be exchanged with another movement?

Any suggestions?

I just read in some forum the best way to make your fake calf croco look gen is use a rubber the one which has red side and blue side,use the blue side which is rougher and rub the band lightly it will remove the luster and make the band look more like real croco leather

wombosi

The 111J looks promising. I'm curious to know what its final price will be. And I'm looking forward to see a review on this one.