Sign in to follow this  
figgymoonpowder

Replica Omega Speedmaster Professional... sinowatches? the best?

figgymoonpowder

Brand new here, and recently have been doing endless research on purchasing an omega speedmaster replica, as I've decided several thousands of dollars isn't in the budget right now...

with that said, I've done some extensive research, which led me here, and I'm hoping for some more conclusive opinions! ;)

1.) I'm looking for the "moonwatch" version of the speedmaster. not an auto, not the calendar, not the day/date, not the mark series. just the plain old original looking "speedmaster professional" with the sub dials at 3,6,9.

2.) I've read from various sites that some of these reps have sub dials that do not work, unless stated as "functioning"

3.) with the older model in mind, I DO want it to be a manual wind.

4.) all of these have led me to the sinowatches.com site. they seem to be the most accurate but again, thats why I'm asking the question here, because it seems the word is it's full of scam.

the sino site has the speedy with the lemania manual movement, states that the sub dials and chrono function, and has a picture of the watch on a scale. i've watched the video they have on youtube, and i'm not crazy about the music in the back but it does show all the functions as they should, second counter etc... I'm not a fan of the exhibition back, but on every site I've seen that's the only option with the manual wind speedy pro.

another site has "perfectwatches.net" as their favored, but they don't have a non-auto speedy.

I've check the trusted sellers here, and the only vendor that seems to have the same watch is houseofsouvenirs.com, and priced around the same at $248/$255... is that outrageously high?

thank you in advance for any and all feedback/help!

greg_r

sinowatches are well-known scammers. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Stick to the trusted dealers - you'll be a lot safer. 98% of the replica websites out there are scams. You'll either get nothing at all, or something that bears no resemblance to what you've seen in the photo.

There are two decent quality reps of that watch that I'm aware of. One with an A7750 (auto), the other with a Segull ST19 (so-called "Lemania" - hand wind). Other than quartz, these are the only two with functioning subdials - and the only two that could be considered high quality. Neither one are 100% accurate to the gen, but both are pretty good. Personally I'd go for the ST19 hand-wind version as whilst the subdial at six doesn't behave as it should (it basically follows the hour hand), the movement is extremely robust and the watch is likely to be reliable in the long term.

Check here for a reliable dealer (one of our trusted dealers) who supplies this watch: http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.ph...roducts_id=2323

figgymoonpowder

Stick to the trusted dealers - you'll be a lot safer. 98% of the replica websites out there are scams. You'll either get nothing at all, or something that bears no resemblance to what you've seen in the photo.

There are two decent quality reps of that watch that I'm aware of. One with an A7750 (auto), the other with a Segull ST19 (so-called "Lemania" - hand wind). Other than quartz, these are the only two with functioning subdials - and the only two that could be considered high quality. Neither one are 100% accurate to the gen, but both are pretty good. Personally I'd go for the ST19 hand-wind version as whilst the subdial at six doesn't behave as it should (it basically follows the hour hand), the movement is extremely robust and the watch is likely to be reliable in the long term.

Check here for a reliable dealer (one of our trusted dealers) who supplies this watch: http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.ph...roducts_id=2323

thank you for yr "speedy" advice!

figgymoonpowder

one other thing regarding the site you referred me to,

i noticed that in the pictures, the time is roughly 10 past 10, which is said to be the stock time that makers display in their photos. could these be co-opted pictures from omega, or pictures of the actual watch...or am i just paying way too close attention to detail?

thanks again!

djprone

i noticed that in the pictures, the time is roughly 10 past 10, which is said to be the stock time that makers display in their photos. could these be co-opted pictures from omega, or pictures of the actual watch...or am i just paying way too close attention to detail?

thanks again!

Hi mate, the trusted dealers on here will only use photo's of the actual replica watch they have for sale. This is one of the reasons they are trusted. If the time is 10 past 10 on a trusted dealers photo, then its either on purpose or a complete co-incidence.

onzenuub

thanks again!

Are pictures of actual watches, what you see is what you get @ the trusted dealers

greg_r

thanks again!

That can sometimes be a giveaway, yes, but it's a condition of being a trusted dealer here that all photos MUST be of the replica. I can confirm that the photos there are indeed of the rep.

Darrion88

thanks again!

Are pictures of actual watches, what you see is what you get @ the trusted dealers

I can't seem to locate any sellers carrying the a7750 model and can't seem to find anything about it in the forums. I was hoping to get a Speedmaster Moon model for $100-150 but am only seeing the Lemania for the $300 range. Is there anything decent at a lower price? The one on replica make doesn't describe itself as a Lemania / Seagull. Is this a different movement?

greg_r

You won't get a decent moonie for $100 - $150. It'd have to either be 21J (i.e. non-working chronos) or quartz at that price.

Replicamake's site is presently down (they've got a virus problem) but as I recall Lay was selling the ST19-powered moonie for around $200ish (might be listed as 'copy venus or lemania - either way it's the ST19 hand-wind). Most other dealers have it for around the $250 region. This is the version to get imho.

Worth contacting Lay after CNY to see what he can do for you.

Darrion88

thanks again!

I can't seem to locate any sellers carrying the a7750 model and can't seem to find anything about it in the forums. I was hoping to get a Speedmaster Moon model for $100-150 but am only seeing the Lemania for the $300 range. Is there anything decent at a lower price? The one on replica make doesn't describe itself as a Lemania / Seagull. Is this a different movement?

One more thing, I've been checking watcheden and have found a few $108 models there that are listed as just Japanese Quartz, and Asia Automatic Movement 21 Jewel movements (aside from their Lemania. Any one know about these reviews?

greg_r

1. I'd advise steering clear of watcheden unless you REALLY know what you're buying. Lots of real junk on that site - one of the many reasons why they are not trusted dealers here.

2. Like I said above - 21js means non-working chronos. Quartz means working chronos but the quartz rep of the moonie isn't that great - and also bear in mind that you won't get the smooth sweeping second hand that you'd get with the gen or a mechanical movement.

Ultimately it depends on whether you want a good quality rep or are prepared to make do with a cheapie. In this, as with many things, you do get what you pay for...

KeNnY

Really like how replicamake is making videos of the watches, hope Lay will figure the problem soon with the website.

And welcome figgymoonpowder, read read read, and you will find out everything about the movements and reps.