Sign in to follow this  
RolexAddict

1675 and others

RolexAddict

..........;;

Edited by RolexAddict

sconehead

Whatever you decide to do RA, ultimately, it's your choice, only you know if you want pour your time/effort/money into these builds. You are of course right to think about whether or not someone is willing to spend that sort of money on a rep, no matter how close it is...bear in mind though, modders like VDB and Nightwatch probably make a fair amount of cash doing it.

By the way, I hope Josh gives you a decent 'reward' for helping out mate...:)

Baldrick

AllergyDoc

Not worth the time, bro. Not to mention the hassle. Let Josh do it.

greg_r

RA: I go along with what Sconey said. It's entirely up to you - but I agree that you would need to make a worthwhile return on these things for it to be worth doing.

Meantime, even if you don't sell 'em, do please tell us about them. I'm sure a lot of members are as fascinated as I am by your builds :)

solkryssare

Hi mate. I can totally see where you are coming from. Although I really want one of these I must say that 1000 usd is slightly more than I'd hoped for. I say let Josh do it :)

I'm a huge fan of your work. You rock!

Member X

$1k is not a massive amount of money for a near perfect rep - NW charges similar for his work, the BK YM is (was?) $725+, the guy on RWG2 does AP ROOs with gen parts for $1k+, and concepta stuff starts about $800 - but it clearly limits your buyers to only a few people. This might be fine if you're prepared to only make low numbers a year and only offer them once they are completed (so you are not under pressure), but it does sound like a lot of hard work!

I can therefore only echo the above - you have to make some money for your work and if Josh is probably going to put something out soon for a lot less than you can make it, I wouldn't risk stockpiling parts that are then difficult to shift. However, do it if you enjoy it! You should be able to find buyers for very low numbers if you do it as a hobby :blink: I would be tempted to sell El Corninos for $2500 each if you have the buyers locally ;) (although be careful with regards to tracing things/money back to you! lol)

I'd definitely be interested in pics, whatever happens!

bkwbkw

If you have the time to build them, there definitely is a market. Like Member X stated, there are modders out there charging top dollars for their pieces. The way I see it, the closer it is to gen, the more one should be willing to pay to obtain it. Back in my Pam fan days, I moved up from a generic pam to DSN, then to a LH masterpiece and the entry fee was well worth it.

With that said, I'm still very interested and hopefully you'll be able to tell me where around the list I am. Also, I'd like to work with you to get into a Yuki case so that I would have the option of dropping in a gen 1575 GMT movement in there one day.

sishac

I'm wearing a Pepsi GMT modded by the master himself right now and even though there are flaws (the "grey" printing and the word "date" on the dial), RA's skills are very impressive, and he is a heck of a nice guy to deal with. Hopefully with his expertise, Josh will be able to make an accurate 1675 rep! Thank you for all of the work you've done on this JJ...you are a true artisan!!!

T