Sign in to follow this  
tardman91

Where to find a cheap watch winder?

tardman91

Just like the title says... Where can I find a cheap watch winder? I have 4 automatic watches and sometimes I don't wear particular ones for a while. I'm looking for one to hold all 4 watches, but the cheapest ones I can find seem to be priced at over $150. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a place to get them cheaper.

wat44

check out acetimer

Balad1

In the US try Amazon.com too.

wizawuza

from experience and reading other places on the 'net, most of them on amazon are just bleh... they look decent, but many are plasticy, and some fail after a year. For the money, acetimer is definitely your best bet. I own one of them and am very happy with it.

greg_r

Only one source for decent quality low-priced winders - and that's www.acetimer.com. There's nothing else in the same league at those prices.

chum_2000_uk

I'm looking at watchwinders too. Acetimer only seems to have 1 model that is designed for the 7750 movement (clockwise rotations only), and that is apparently out of stock. I'm surprised this is the only one they have that isn't simply unidirectional - surely it wouldn't have been hard to incorporate into the switch clockwise/ anticlockwise direction, seeing as you can already select how many TPD you have.

I had one of these a few years back when I had my gen seamaster and a Seiko kinetic:

http://www.watch-tool.de/html/s1.php?id=7999zp

Bit too expensive for what your looking at I'd guess, but I was really happy with it. You could set TPD, direction (cw, acw or both) via the LCD control panel. Pretty nifty. I may order this from them in the near future:

http://www.watch-tool.de/html/s1.php?id=7999wg

or this slightly older model they have:

http://www.watch-tool.de/html/s1.php?id=7999zr

I like the wood on that 2nd one. Have emailed the company asking for more detailed pictures and whether you can control all 4 winder motors seperately.

For what you actually get with this model range the prices are pretty excellent imo, and the finish on the dual winder I had was pretty nice overall.

djprone

You could make one very easily out of an old turntable on it side, a few screws with padding through the platter and then stick it on a timer.

chum_2000_uk
You could make one very easily out of an old turntable on it side, a few screws with padding through the platter and then stick it on a timer.

You could....... but it would look shite!

narikaa
Alloy-Wheels.jpg

Tristan123
:)

gB.
Only one source for decent quality low-priced winders - and that's www.acetimer.com. There's nothing else in the same league at those prices.

+1 million! I have this one below from them and it is top notch build quality and winders run smoothly and quietly, all at a phenomenal price. Won't do better than AceTimer for price/value combination. :)

8-winder-rosewood-d.jpg

chum_2000_uk

+1 million! I have this one below from them and it is top notch build quality and winders run smoothly and quietly, all at a phenomenal price. Won't do better than AceTimer for price/value combination. :)

8-winder-rosewood-d.jpg

What about A7750 movements though?

gB.
What about A7750 movements though?

Well, you're f$cked.... :huh::)

You can buy 7750 specific winders that wind only one way, but they will cost you and you'll just need to determine if they are worth it for you. I have a few A7750s and they stay in the bottom non-winder section of this watch box. I just give them a shake and set them before wearing. ;)

tardman91

I've never had one before. How quietly do they run? Like if I had it in my bedroom would the noise bother me (I'm kind of a light sleeper)? Or can you set it to not run at night? Or do you just unplug it?

gB.
I've never had one before. How quietly do they run? Like if I had it in my bedroom would the noise bother me (I'm kind of a light sleeper)? Or can you set it to not run at night? Or do you just unplug it?

The one I have from AceTimer above is VERY quiet. It is in my bedroom and I don't even know it's winding unless I look over at it and see it turning. This one does have individual on/off switches for each of the four 2-watch winders as well. Hope that helps. :blink:

KBH

Acetimer are virtually silent. I love mine and as far as your 7750 goes, if you wind one and put it on the Acetimer it will actually keep it running for well over a week, so if you plan on using the 7750 powered watch on a timer you just need to wear it a little more often or plan on an occasional 15 or 20 slow winds. It's not a big deal to me.