Sign in to follow this  
sugaray

size of Avenger seawolf non chrono version

sugaray

I just got a DSSD from Mary and it is my favorite watch and dominates my wrist time. I have 6.5 inch wrist and it is the biggest watch i could ever wear. The Breitling yellow avenger seawolf is one of my favorite watches that I have yet to own. I know that the breitling is about 1mm larger then the DSSD in size and thickness. How does the Avenger seawolf wear in comparison to the DSSD is my main question. I would be ordering the ULT. version from Mary.

Thanks

sugaray

Anyone have these two watches?

greg_r

I don't have the seawolf, but the DSSD wears exceptionally large for a supposedly 43mm watch. It feels bigger than my 47mm Panerais and WAY bigger than my 46mm Breitling SOH. I strongly suspect that if you can cope with the DSSD you'll be fine with the Seawolf.

djprone

I've tried on a gen seawolf at an AD, and have around the same size wrist as you. The gen does wear quite big to be honest. But the main thing about it was the thickness - it seemed to be over half of my wrist width. I quite liked it though, i did feel really blingy on my small wrists, but that was part of the charm i guess. Sorry, i can't be of any more help so i'll just :D

Star

Have the Chrono comparison if this helps....

dsbreit.jpg

Edited by Star

sugaray

I think i might splerge and get it lol. You can never go wrong with a watch from Mary.

AllergyDoc

4991390355_f13747d54a_b.jpg

5080094422_558c70c913_b.jpg

The SeaWolf is larger and heavier, but better balanced on the wrist because the bracelet is wider.

RS9

I've a 6.5" wrist as well and I'll say that the Seawolf is huge. It outweighs the DSSD IMHO and turned out to be too big for me to wear. BTW, it feels quite a bit bigger than the Avenger so take that into account.

Good luck.

sugaray

Its one of those things where I love this watch but deep down i feel it would look boderline silly on my small wriste

AllergyDoc

It's just kind of plain-looking. The Skyland's dial is more interesting to look at, IMO.

4160531519_c0a6371e13_o.jpg

Edited by AllergyDoc

djprone

Well, whatever you decide, it won't be as bad as this:

Picture030_resize.jpg

Star

Agree with Doc, that the Skyland has more personality but the Wolf is a great daily beater.

wolf.jpg

Star

DSSD vs Superocean

subvswhitebreit.jpg

subvsbreit.jpg

Star

Again -not what you asked for, but maybe gives you an idea....

breitdssbs.jpg

breitds1.jpg

KBH

The SOSF might look close in the pictures but the DSSD is MUCH bigger in real life. Mostly because of the thickness and the weight.

part_timer

Apologies for butting in folks..Is there a rep of the above Seawolf with a Yellow dial? If so, where best to get one? Cheers. :Whistle:

AllergyDoc
Apologies for butting in folks..Is there a rep of the above Seawolf with a Yellow dial? If so, where best to get one? Cheers. :Whistle:

There are two yellow-dial SeaWolf reps for sale on RepGeek.

Edit to add: No one apologizes for butting in around here. :)

Edited by AllergyDoc

part_timer

Apology retracted then! :Whistle:

Thanks for your answer, I'm not a member of that forum sadly, checking over a dozen various forums daily, methinks it may be a forum too far lol

I was hoping one of the trused dealers here may be able to souce one. Will mull joining another forum over though, cheers.

AllergyDoc

Pretty any of the dealers should be able to get you a yellow one.

Josh's site

Tressles61

I have a Gas Escape Valve... in fact some just escaped... Hey... there it goes again...

...also, mine is one the the most oldest designs.

Tressles61

My Skyland is one of my most treasured watches.

Again -not what you asked for, but maybe gives you an idea....

breitdssbs.jpg

breitds1.jpg

sugaray

Thank you everyone for all your help! I like the spimplicity of the seawolf (i cant be trusted with a 7750 mov't). there is an AD for breitlings about 45min. travel from my house. Im going to try to go up there and try on the real deal and see what i feel then lol.

alistairw

:itchyandscratchy:

I have the DSSD (from Robert), Yellow seawolf (from Andrew - Trustytime) and the Skyland Avenger (from Mary - WatchInternational).

I find the Breitlings to be better balenced on my wrist than the DSSD - personal thing IMO. As previously mentioned the band is wider and just keeps it all in check.

DSSD and Skyland are both exceptional watches, for me the Yellow Seawolf gets the most

wrist time of the three.

Either of the three are worth buying you won't be disappointed.

sugaray

I still think that this watch is beautiful to say the least but deep down i feel that it is too big for me :_( i might end up getting another diamond dial datejust from mary instead if the breitling.