DSSD face-off: Lay v's Robert

DSSD face-off: Lay v's Robert  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which is best?

• Lay's $88 DSSD
    • Robert's $149 DSSD

KBH
Who the fuck is Lay?

I am sure he is one of those new dealers that are popping up like mushrooms.

:)

It doesn't really matter since you don't approve of reps and would never buy one, does it? :Whistle:

stiltzkin
Yes they have arrived yesterday just a matter of listing them when I get 5 minutes it's the same as the $249 we currently have in stock only difference is price

Robert... Is this the $249 one you refer too?

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...667&hl=dssd

I think I may have found my next purchase ;) Good work Del!!

However I shall be mentioning your name when I get the old :canuck: from the Mrs...

SirDomino
Yes they have arrived yesterday just a matter of listing them when I get 5 minutes it's the same as the $249 we currently have in stock only difference is price

Robert... Is this the $249 one you refer too?

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...667&hl=dssd

I think I may have found my next purchase :rofl: Good work Del!!

However I shall be mentioning your name when I get the old :D from the Mrs...

I am wondering the same thing.

Was hoping to get some new info on Robert's latest DSSD offering...

barkingtoad

I think i will be having Robert $199 DSSD when its listed

jonnyboy

Buy one DSSD from Lay and one from Robert and review them both? It would help a lot of people in the long run I think.

You can always give one of them away, or wear one on each arm :lol:

coolfreddy

Did robert post his DDS I want to buy one so badly and I think 199 is a little better than marys 350

greg_r
Did robert post his DDS I want to buy one so badly and I think 199 is a little better than marys 350

Robert's upmarket one is $249 ($199 was a limited offer on the earlier stock). It's listed in his subforum. Frankly, I don't really see much point in spending more.

MikeMcNair
Robert is easily the fastest here.

+1

Crazy fast.

x 100000000. 4 days from payment to my door, in PA, USA.

alw

I´m waiting for my 430 USD version from Precioustime... :lol:

No, make that 460 USD version!

sjb
Robert is easily the fastest here.

+1

Crazy fast.

x 100000000. 4 days from payment to my door, in PA, USA.

Crazy fast...Robert is.

whirr

Robert's upmarket one is $249 ($199 was a limited offer on the earlier stock). It's listed in his subforum. Frankly, I don't really see much point in spending more.

How does this compare to Lay's current $178 offering?

whirr

How does this compare to Lay's current $178 offering?

http://www.replicamake88.com/products/RL02...36-CERAMIC.html

opinions? Anything I am missing to justify paying $249 over this one for $178?

Thanks in advance.

oscarmadfish

i will repeat whirrs question

is this the best value DSSD out there ?

KeNnY

John, that watch is AWESOME for the price 178USD.. Go for it ! :Jumpy:

oscarmadfish

very tempted mate very tempted indeed

ZellerFTW

Here's the DSSD from TimesShop... Sort of a go-between for Robert and ReplicaMake as far as price is concerned.

The quality is outstanding on these! I reckon that Robert, ReplicaMake, and TimesShop are all the same.

timesshopdssd.jpg

KeNnY

wow super picture taken :D

oscarmadfish
Here's the DSSD from TimesShop... Sort of a go-between for Robert and ReplicaMake as far as price is concerned.

The quality is outstanding on these! I reckon that Robert, ReplicaMake, and TimesShop are all the same.

timesshopdssd.jpg

great pic

whats TS price ?

prestigewatchco

Not same look at lume markers it's noob factory version

ZellerFTW
great pic

whats TS price ?

I thought the thread was comparing Robert's $249 and ReplicaMake's $178 by accident, that's what I meant when I said TS's price is sort of between.

TS asks $228 for the DSSD w/ Asian ETA clone.

I guess if ReplicaMake offers the same Noob factory version for $178, I paid a bit more at TS. But whatever, these are superb reps of $9,000 watches, why complain over $50? The watch feels as well built as any of my non-rep watches.

oscarmadfish

lol i always end up back at robert and i probably will again

I WANT A DSSD

Del
great pic

whats TS price ?

I thought the thread was comparing Robert's $249 and ReplicaMake's $178 by accident, that's what I meant when I said TS's price is sort of between.

I guess if ReplicaMake offers the same Noob factory version for $178, I paid a bit more at TS. But whatever, these are superb reps of $9,000 watches, why complain over $50? The watch feels as well built as any of my non-rep watches.

Actually, I started the poll to see if people preferred Robert's $149 version or Lay's $88 version because I was thinking about buying a 21j version.

As it turned out, I bought Robert's $149 version and I have to say that it is amazing! Plus I've heard quite a few rumblings about movement issues with Lay's cheaper version so there you go...

This thread has now grown arms and legs and people are trying to compare completely different ETA clone versions. If I was a mod I'd probably close it down now as it's served its purpose.

oscarmadfish
great pic

whats TS price ?

Actually, I started the poll to see if people preferred Robert's $149 version or Lay's $88 version because I was thinking about buying a 21j version.

As it turned out, I bought Robert's $149 version and I have to say that it is amazing! Plus I've heard quite a few rumblings about movement issues with Lay's cheaper version so there you go...

This thread has now grown arms and legs and people are trying to compare completely different ETA clone versions. If I was a mod I'd probably close it down now as it's served its purpose.

fair comment del

whirr
great pic

whats TS price ?

Sorry to take this off topic, I have reposted this question in another thread that is hopefully more appropriate.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...mp;#entry206563