Sign in to follow this  
gioarmani

Long time, never see... :)

gioarmani

Anyone experienced one of these yet?:

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?ma...badd9fda497c2d1

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?ma...badd9fda497c2d1

Franken or not, I'm a fan of the black & red one. Is this done with one of the more reliable GMT movements, and if so how is the paint on the bezel-insert? Looks sloppy in the pic but photos can be deceiving. Pics greatly appreciated. :rofl:

KeNnY

yea missed your sign man :rofl: welcome back !

gioarmani

Thank you.

KBH

I haven't seen any posts about this one. Looks nice though.

And I'm not a fan of those GMT/2836 movements myself. The one I had kept time fine but the GMT part never really worked very well. Other people may have had better luck but I'd just as soon have the 21j movement that was actually made as a GMT or pay more for a real 2893-2.

I wonder how long it will be before the Chinese make a good copy of that one? I think it would be a huge seller.

wombosi
yea missed your sign man :P welcome back !

I totally agree with Kenny: does the girl/model have a name?

sconehead
I'd just as soon have the 21j movement that was actually made as a GMT or pay more for a real 2893-2.

I wonder how long it will be before the Chinese make a good copy of that one? I think it would be a huge seller.

Seagull already do a 2892 clone, guess it's just a matter of time 'till they bang a Soprod module on it or clone the 2893...;)

Gio...nice to see you here again...:P

gioarmani

She does--you can find more of her here: foxharvard.1x.com

I wonder if I snagged a gen 2893 movement if these hands would fit. Probably not, I imagine--need gen hands too prob...

KBH

I think that they all fit except the GMT hand needs a little finessing. But, you can buy a set of Rolex style GMT hands at Clark, Wholesaleoutlet, ewatchparts, etc. The problem is finding a 2893-2 with the tall canon and hand pins that will work with Rolex reps. The standard ETA sizes are too short.

BK indicated he may be getting some hand sets from his Noobfactory supplier with longer tubes which would also solve the problem. I need to check back with him on that. I've got the movement sitting on my desk.

gioarmani

Interesting...

wombosi
She does--you can find more of her here: foxharvard.1x.com

Offtopic: This guy has a nice and special style of photography. However, I can't seem to find the photos you used as an avatar and/or signature.

gioarmani

That's actually my photography, but thanks. :lol: You can also find that name on flickr, but not with the safety filter on.

Now back to the GMT II--if anyone had pics of one that would be great. :lol:

onzenuub
yea missed your sign man :lol: welcome back !

I totally agree with Kenny: does the girl/model have a name?

Is she still available :lol:

greg_r

Can't help you with the Rollie (I know noooooooooothing! :lol: ) but it's good to see you again, gio :lol:

gioarmani

Gracias, mein herr!

Brightlight
I haven't seen any posts about this one. Looks nice though.

And I'm not a fan of those GMT/2836 movements myself. The one I had kept time fine but the GMT part never really worked very well. Other people may have had better luck but I'd just as soon have the 21j movement that was actually made as a GMT or pay more for a real 2893-2.

This is something I hear quite often and frankly it baffles me. The 21J GMT movement as I recall operates in the same way as the 2836-2 mod, ie an extra gear on the date transfer pinion operates the lower of two 24H pinion plates in a clutch arrangement allowing one way slippage between the two. Adjustment from the keyless day change operation turns the upper plate which holds the hand independently of the lower plate and therefore allows change of the 24H hand independently. Same as, same as. And apart from that it is more or less the same 21J movement, fragile and cannot be repaired due to lack of parts. The 2893-2 is similar but uses a single 24H pinion plate and a separate slipping pinion which drives the 24H from the hour pinion.

What exactly is a 'movement designed as a GMT"? Even the 2893-2 has 2893-1 and 2893-3 variants which are NOT GMT.

The 2893-2 incidentally is incorrect hand stack for Rolex. I've also heard that it has a 'jumping' 24H hand, but from the ETA diagrams I cannot see how this could be achieved as it is currently in vanilla form

Anyone?.

gioarmani

Good questions. Are the links I posted 21J movements? Forgive my ignorance--I have little to no experience with GMTs and have been away from reps for the better part of a year.

trailboss99

Hey Gio, good to see you back mate.

Would you lot of desperates leave his gal alone? Jezzzus, one would think you've never been that close to female flesh before the way you act. Tssssssssssssssk!

Col.