Sign in to follow this  
Nutman77

Hello from the East!

Nutman77

Hi everyone!

Joined the board last month, and have been lurking, reading up and learning as much as I can from the more experienced members!

I've been messing around with watch for a few years now, started my obsession with automatics in 2005 when I picked up a beat-up old Seiko at a flea market in Hong Kong. Never looked back since then.

By messing around with watches, I've put together classic Seiko divers such as the 6309s and 6105s, sourciing movement and parts from flea markets and online sites. I then developed a fondness for hi-beat movements, and started tinkering around with ETA 2824-2s.

I absolutely adore the Tudor Heritage Black Bay in red, and tried cobbling one together from various parts. But the itch couldn't be scratched, so I found someone who sold a Black Bay kit without the movement and I put one together. But the lume of the hands didn't match that of the dial, and I tried reluming the hands. Made a mess of it, so I've resorted to ordering another set of hands.

Needless to say, I'm years away from being considered competent in watch assembly.

I discovered the Tudor Pelagos when poking around this site, and finally got my first rep. Just shared my experience here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=105741

Anyway, enough from me, I'm glad that there's a community of watch lovers here that share my obsession.

Regards,

The Nutman