Sign in to follow this  
UmpaHimself

Suggestions for a Gold "Fuck You" Chrono

UmpaHimself

I have never owned a gold watch. Not really my style but more and more I am tempted to get one. I know I won't wear it often which is ok but I would like it to be a real statement watch like "LOOK AT ME." :lol:

I am thinking a yellow gold chronograph with all or mostly white face (also would consider black, blue or panda). I would like it to be a high grade - super rep status, preferably not a cheapie and on a bracelet. Currently I'm thinking either white Daytona, RO or ROO but the ROO and Daytona have their issues and the RO chrono is not the nicest quality rep so that is why I am looking for suggestions.

AiUtuH1.jpg

Uk8C1eA.png

atyt9V3.png

aI5G5J1.png

Anyone know if those Rolex dials are repped?

Thenew1

nothing says "fuck you" like a gold rolex day date. that would be my choice haha

James.

Gold APs like those are for RAVs. Or fuckface Kardashians and other faux celebrities and assorted douche bags.

Go the tona. Or as an alternative a gold Naut (is that repped yet?)

narikaa

Go AP complications

Chronos are soooo working class

AP 1508006.JPG

;)

UmpaHimself

nothing says "fuck you" like a gold rolex day date. that would be my choice haha

I do like that watch buy not my style.

Gold APs like those are for RAVs. Or fuckface Kardashians and other faux celebrities and assorted douche bags.

Go the tona. Or as an alternative a gold Naut (is that repped yet?)

Yeah, I like the tona but just can't find a rep I like yet. Greg also said to go for the Naut but I'm just not really a Patek kind of guy. I love them but on wrist it doesn't go there for me.

Go AP complications

Chronos are soooo working class

;)

:lol: I'll take that to heart.

Ishmael

Gold 6263 on a jubilee. Bulletproof movement too.

9D0F0673-0227-4893-9607-F9DADCB923CC_zpsbfrhyteq.jpg

Boycie

What about a nice 5980R............

KD13745_zpsiqnhbuld.jpg

UmpaHimself

I wish Ish but just too small for my wrist and I would want it moded for sure

I typically don't get along with Pateks but that is pretty nice. Do you have a link for that one?

trailboss99

Either the RG AP in the masthead or maybe the new YM?

UmpaHimself

Either the RG AP in the masthead or maybe the new YM?

You know I really like that new YM and I may pick one up as well but I'm really wanting a chrono on bracelet too.

Barth

May I recommend the RG Daytona

fa929c9797375b6d9fce67e9ecdf3b59.jpg

And not a chrono but still screams 'fuck you'

116618 Sub

5773560638ca5404102441b38c836c34.jpg

Kleen™

I love the look the look of Gold 'tonas and AP complications...on everybody else but me: I just can't get myself to actually wearing anything with gold on it....not even two-tones...not even when I have build up a great summer-tan...not even in a dark room..not even to get laid by a horde of pom-pom gurls.

You get the idea. But I considered buying one anyway many times over for the collection, just because they're so fracking beautiful to look at.

Especially the 'tonas. And the AP's.

Boycie

Sure......double click this one Ump.

http://www.pf-818.com/pp00094-5980-nautilis-chrono-rgrg-black-a7750-p-16259.html

I wish Ish but just too small for my wrist and I would want it moded for sure

I typically don't get along with Pateks but that is pretty nice. Do you have a link for that one?

GenTLe

Lovely one here, and it's also quite cheap respect to the others:

daytona-116528-yello-gold-blue-dial-a77506.jpg

Here the gen:

rx409.jpg

Otherwise go full "fuck you" (but I want a wrist pic of you wearing this in a public place) :giggle: :

Rolex-Cosmograph-Daytona-Special-Edition-Safari-Leopard-Diamond-Gold-116598SACO.jpg

solkryssare

Nothing says fuck you like a full gold Sub or GMT, IMO. But chrono you say.......I have nothing....

Barth

Yeah but sec @ 6... If JF has a go with a sec @9 I might buy one.

GenTLe

Yeah but sec @ 6... If JF has a go with a sec @9 I might buy one.

I know but I also don't think this can be a daily beater too, so for the rare occasions anyone would wear it it should resist ;)

UmpaHimself

Otherwise go full "fuck you" (but I want a wrist pic of you wearing this in a public place) :giggle: :

Rolex-Cosmograph-Daytona-Special-Edition-Safari-Leopard-Diamond-Gold-116598SACO.jpg

:D

Nothing says fuck you like a full gold Sub or GMT, IMO. But chrono you say.......I have nothing....

I was thinking about the GMT or a non ceramic gold sub, but I don't really want it to be a diver.

avrahamk1

That's more like "fuck me" lol

narikaa
cafe.jpg

Stephanova

it has been awhile since I had a "Fuck You" watch. :)

Would love to own one again, but my concern is the level of plating.

I have seen 5 mils on a few, is that ok?

Back when I had one it really sucked and I could almost see it wear out by the hour. :cry:

I know it has gotten alot better these days.

Sorry for posting it here, there is probably a appropriate thread for my question in the forum already

GenTLe

Back when I had one it really sucked and I could almost see it wear out by the hour. :cry:

Sorry for posting it here, there is probably a appropriate thread for my question in the forum already

5mils (which are not millimeters obviously but microns). I strongly believe that this is just an indicative measurement, and the reality it's more around 2 microns.

Look here (from: http://artisanplatin...lled-processes/ )

Gold electroplated finishes (chart c-2) are used when designs are complex in shape, intricate, or very large in size. Gold plating has the advantage of providing good wear durability and is far less expensive than gold filled products. Newer and harder gold plating formulas being pioneered by the electronics industry will soon match gold filled products for durability.

Gold plated items are not easily repaired or repolished. Often replating will need to be done if the repaired item has to be welded or soldered. However, gold plating can be used over gold filled items to conceal repairs or to impart a uniformity to a surface or texture.

Important is to check the table on the site, the very last of the page as the previous is about a different process called "Gold filled" and it's way thicker.

RussP

cafe.jpg

Jackpot.............that screams Fuck You........and I (the wearer) have no taste, but plenty-o-dough

Kleen™

cafe.jpg

Jackpot.............that screams Fuck You........and I (the wearer) have no taste, but plenty-o-dough

...and a rapper.

Stephanova

5mils (which are not millimeters obviously but microns). I strongly believe that this is just an indicative measurement, and the reality it's more around 2 microns.

Look here (from: http://artisanplatin...lled-processes/ )

Commercial Thickness for Gold-Filled Objects

In practice, most gold filled products utilize an outer layer of gold that is between 10 karat and 18 karat in fineness. Depending on the usage, the thickness of the gold sheet varies. High wear items such as watch cases and cigarette lighters typically utilize a thickness ranging from 75 to 400 microns (ref. 1000 microns= 1 millimeter).

Eye glass frames utilize gold filled thicknesses between 15 to 30 microns. Thicknesses for high fashion jewelry, such as cuff link, bracelets, and money clips will range from 30 to 100 microns.

As thin as this may seem, the decorative show surface on many well executed gold filled items can last anywhere from 20 to 30 years! It is not unusual to observe reasonably intact gold filled surfaces on watches and vintage jewelry manufactured well over 75 years ago.

For a durabilty idea, look at the end of the page of the link.

Thanks a mill for this GenTle