Sign in to follow this  
UmpaHimself

Suggestions for a Gold "Fuck You" Chrono

Godfathar

the RO chrono is not the nicest quality rep so that is why I am looking for suggestions.

AiUtuH1.jpg

Uk8C1eA.png

I think DC would beg to differ with you regarding the quality of the RO chrono

32165E3B-CF2F-465C-B2CF-40C1314F7202_zpslisjwgtl.jpg

my only reservation is the repeated chronos @ 6 and 9.. but quality wise I think it's up there.

I would go with the JF/J12 Gold Theme ROO. very close to gen, great crystal, correct dial color, and movement plate make this a winner. But you have to take a chance with the movement as you know. but it's worth taking the chance. and if worse come to worse, great WS over here that can service it and make as good as new.

Moondustesp

Got be a ROO!

yawn

For gold watch, I vote rolex. ROO is nice, but gold Rolex is screaming out 'fuck you I m rich'

narikaa

For gold watch, I vote rolex. ROO is nice, but gold Rolex is screaming out 'fuck you I m rich'

Before I scratch a hole in my head...how so?

It is by no means anywhere in the fiscal rankings of expensive watches

Now if you'd said it's screaming out 'I think Im rich but really Im just shallow and deluded' I could go along with it

sunbites

Before I scratch a hole in my head...how so?

It is by no means anywhere in the fiscal rankings of expensive watches

Now if you'd said it's screaming out 'I think Im rich but really Im just shallow and deluded' I could go along with it

Hublots are for that :D

Steve36

Not sure on the make or model but would deffo go rose gold with a top end leather strap to set it off.

Screams I'm rich as fuck but not showing off haha

_DC_

What do you mean the ROC isn't the nicest rep? It's bloody superb mate!! Yeah ok it's quartz, but hey even the gen has movement issues, it's got a non in-house movement!!!

Brought mine on my honeymoon and it's bloody fantastic, and bargain price!!!

D5A72527-82AB-4554-AB8E-1B237636F61B_zps4v4g1ceo.jpg

B7FB477D-00B2-41D8-B5E8-07A8669B2AD2_zpswz4umkip.jpg

I'd definitely say go for this ROC, orrrrr the full rose gold Patek 5980 with black dial?!?

DC

Realism

but hey even the gen has movement issues, it's got a non in-house movement!!!

ummm - the "non in house" movement is legendary in it's own right - read up on it instead instead of spouting BS... i'd rather have that than the AP+JLC module ROOs movement

Del Boy

Get the AP but put a lovely Hornback on it... then the strap is saying something too!

profsteve

Check out the AP Don Ramon.1_zpseof8qf0n.jpg

Mattcrx

Gold AP for the win!

profsteve

also with gen hornback from a safari as the safari is the best gen AP strap they made, and of course my double AR crystal

Left Coast Guy

I personally thing that rose gold AP ROO on bracelet is the biggest Fuck You watch if you want to go gold. No one is going to miss that thing on your wrist, that is for sure.

After that, I think a RM is a solid Fuck You watch....sticks out because of its design, is giant and RMs cost a ton, but not nearly as recognizable as an AP.

RM030BR_July2012_1.jpg

gmchris

Ooh! Did I hear someone say 'gold chronograph'?

casio-data-bank-dbc-610ga.jpg

Count me in!

UmpaHimself

What do you mean the ROC isn't the nicest rep? It's bloody superb mate!! Yeah ok it's quartz, but hey even the gen has movement issues, it's got a non in-house movement!!!

Brought mine on my honeymoon and it's bloody fantastic, and bargain price!!!

I'd definitely say go for this ROC, orrrrr the full rose gold Patek 5980 with black dial?!?

DC

It's not that I don't like it. I have the SS version and it is nice for what it is and the brice but the bracelet is just not clean enough for my taste. A bit sloppy in places and too sharp. Plus the quartz does bother me. But it's probably my favorite design out of anything mentioned.

Check out the AP Don Ramon.

It's not off the list. Was asking Toro if he could get it or one like it on bracelet. But I am thinking a brighter colored face. I don't need another grey/black dial watch.

if you wants just a Fuck you can get this one i know you like Pams,now on toros special offer and looks very nice in the wrist .

http://www.torobravo...&product_id=954

or if you wants a Fuck youuuu watch get one of those AP but i would prefered Rose gold ^_^

You know I do like PAMs ;) but this time I want to get something different, and like I said on bracelet.

I personally thing that rose gold AP ROO on bracelet is the biggest Fuck You watch if you want to go gold. No one is going to miss that thing on your wrist, that is for sure.

After that, I think a RM is a solid Fuck You watch....sticks out because of its design, is giant and RMs cost a ton, but not nearly as recognizable as an AP.

Yeah the RMs don't do it for me, especially since the reps are never going to compare.

Count me in!

mTpCtGP.gif

RussP

Count me in!

That screams......................NERD :facepalm:

PS: Would've sold a body part to get my hands on one of these when I was a teenager, but couldn't afford one.

gmchris

Count me in!

PS: Would've sold a body part to get my hands on one of these when I was a teenager, but couldn't afford one.

Good news- you can afford one now, $13 fully functional rep on Ali (and now you're older it's seen as retro ;-)

dasselin

How about getting a watch you like and can afford and having it gold plated

UmpaHimself

Count me in!

I think he was being sarcastic

Good news- you can afford one now, $13 fully functional rep on Ali (and now you're older it's seen as retro ;-)

:lol: The wait is finally over

How about getting a watch you like and can afford and having it gold plated

Nah, I want a Fuck You watch not an I can afford it watch.

narikaa

Nah, I want a Fuck You watch not an I can afford it watch.

Then stop fannying around and get a Patek Sky Moon Tourbillon

LightGeek
81jPChxlm3L._UY500_.jpg

narikaa

That would be a gold 'Ive been fucked over' watch

hardly the panache the OP seeks I fear

myaz

The ROO is not a "look at me" watch. Too few know the brand it doesn't look exotic enough to merit extra attention. You're closer with a Daytona due to the brand recognition.

It's not a super rep, doesn't come with a bracelet as you prefer and is quartz, but give a thought to the PAM 288: it's big, will definitely grab your eye and the cost of the rep is reasonable. The chrono function is reliable and won't give it away if it's off. It's got presence.