Sign in to follow this  
ShamiK

OMOLOGATO Watches

ShamiK

Hi Everyone,

I am the owner of OMOLOGATO watches and would love to know what you guys think to the brand. For those of you who care, I have cleared this thread with Greg_R.

Firstly we love making watches and secondly we love Motorsport and that's why I started OMOLOGATO.

A little about us.

We've been making watches for over 25 years for brands such as Audi, Rolls Royce and AMG for retail. All movements are made by Miyota, we use the OS20, as used by the likes of TW Steel, so they are ultra reliable Japanese movements. Our watches are also all hand assembled, so quality is checked at every stage.

I am very keen to make sure our range is affordable as there are so many Motorsport brands who offer watches but at prices most can't really afford without thinking about it for months on end!

Our website is http://www.omologatowatches.com

We are based in England.

Hate it or love it....I would love to hear from you!

Edited by ShamiK

greg_r

Some really nice-looking stuff there. Good luck with the brand! :)

markeym3

Nice looking watches ,,, I like the name ,,, sounds good when you read it backwards too ,, good luck , good pricing too

StrangerRanger

I do find myself liking some of the selections hmmm...

Genius

I do like the designs although I personally probably wouldn't pay that much for a quartz, but I suppose it is a fair enough price for a watch hand assembled in the UK. Now if it was mechanical then I'd be interested

Foxindebox

I like the Racing Chrono 24 dial but think it would also look good in the stainless case (not a huge fan of black watch cases). The strap is nice too.

Welcome to RWG :)

ShamiK

I do like the designs although I personally probably wouldn't pay that much for a quartz, but I suppose it is a fair enough price for a watch hand assembled in the UK. Now if it was mechanical then I'd be interested

if we did automatics from the start then our prices would be more around £500, which I think is too much for a new brand

Nice looking watches ,,, I like the name ,,, sounds good when you read it backwards too ,, good luck , good pricing too

Cheers

McJules

I like the design! Cars and a bit of panerai in the case shape. 2 things i like

But, no offense here, the price is a bit too high for what i would pay for a quartz watch.

Good luck with the brand! I'll keep an eye on it for some automatics or even handwind if you ever produce some

Hornet

Having seen the full range, there are some nice looking watches there. As someone else has mentioned, would be very much interested if they were mechanical rather than quartz.......

....any plans along this line?

ShamiK

Having seen the full range, there are some nice looking watches there. As someone else has mentioned, would be very much interested if they were mechanical rather than quartz.......

We aim to do so in about 12 months when the brand is more established and the people will pay £400-£500 a watch....

Markrfc

I love the Hesketh Racing chrono any discount codes for forum users?

Hornet

We aim to do so in about 12 months when the brand is more established and the people will pay £400-£500 a watch....

Interesting.....!

.......what sort of movements? Miyota 9015?

Also what is the lug to lug measurement on the case?

ShamiK

But, no offense here, the price is a bit too high for what i would pay for a quartz watch.

Good luck with the brand! I'll keep an eye on it for some automatics or even handwind if you ever produce some

All feedback is appreciated and I'm too thick skinned to take any offence :)....A lot of the money spent making these watches is on getting the faces made, sometimes with up to 8 colours as well as contrast stitches on the straps...on 2 of the ranges we have to also pay royalties to use names and colours.

Would love to but can't as we have to pay the Copyright owners royalties.....

Interesting.....!

Lug to lug is 22m and its the OS20 movement - same as TW Steel

Hornet

All feedback is appreciated and I'm too thick skinned to take any offence :)....A lot of the money spent making these watches is on getting the faces made, sometimes with up to 8 colours as well as contrast stitches on the straps...on 2 of the ranges we have to also pay royalties to use names and colours.

Interesting.....!

.....I think that 22mm is the lug width, I was interested in the lug to lug measurement, which with a case diameter of 44mm should be in the 50mm region? It just gives me an idea of how well it would fit my wrist.

Gazzla

Mmm . . .

Nice looking watches you have there. I think the quartz movement will be a sticking point.

I just paid £280 for this. Mechanical Miyota movement, superb build quality, industrial lume. This is what you are up against:

Do6tLmW.jpg

ShamiK

Mmm . . .

Nice looking watches you have there. I think the quartz movement will be a sticking point.

I just paid £280 for this. Mechanical Miyota movement, superb build quality, industrial lume. This is what you are up against:

Do6tLmW.jpg

Thats a lovely watch. We started this brand on June 8th 2015 and since then we've achieve approx 6 months worth of sales in 8-9 weeks....when our volumes allow us to we will start the automatics...but our selling point is also the Motorsport liveries. Please do check back in a few months though

Interesting.....!

.....I think that 22mm is the lug width, I was interested in the lug to lug measurement, which with a case diameter of 44mm should be in the 50mm region? It just gives me an idea of how well it would fit my wrist.

Oh sorry - read that wrong - it's 45.5mm

Hornet

Mmm . . .

Do6tLmW.jpg

....and don't forget Obris Morgan, beautiful watch for not a lot of cash:

exii7.jpg

Markrfc

Non chronograph movements though guys and probably built in China

jaychizum

Mmm . . .

Do6tLmW.jpg

Now that is a good looking watch right there, it looks so clean and crisp.

BenjaminButton

I'm slightly puzzled why a new brand would appear on a replica forum. Brand clients and partnerships and being associated with replica sites that deal in illegal watches is clearly not a marriage your partners and clients would find acceptable. Sorry but for me this just simply doesn't stack up.

Gazzla

I'm slightly puzzled why a new brand would appear on a replica forum. Brand clients and partnerships and being associated with replica sites that deal in illegal watches is clearly not a marriage your partners and clients would find acceptable. Sorry but for me this just simply doesn't stack up.

If you wanted to sell something young Ben I would suggest that the old adage, 'any port in a storm' may suffice?

BenjaminButton

If you wanted to sell something young Ben I would suggest that the old adage, 'any port in a storm' may suffice?

True one would seek as many routes to market as possible and the internet its forums and social media sites represent the most powerful potential for marketing and PR. However partnerships with brands and this place we love are 100% incompatible.

ShamiK

Only reason was so many of the members here were clicking on our website, so I thought I'd make myself known. We all love watches don't we?

Gazzla

True one would seek as many routes to market as possible and the internet its forums and social media sites represent the most powerful potential for marketing and PR. However partnerships with brands and this place we love are 100% incompatible.

I get your logic, but anyone visiting the site will be blissfully unaware of any association or otherwise with us.

ShamiK

I get your logic, but anyone visiting the site will be blissfully unaware of any association or otherwise with us.

Fair enough.

Social media has been massive for us....we've had over 5m RT impressions on twitter in 8 weeks