Sign in to follow this  
ShamiK

OMOLOGATO Watches

Venomous

I'm slightly puzzled why a new brand would appear on a replica forum. Brand clients and partnerships and being associated with replica sites that deal in illegal watches is clearly not a marriage your partners and clients would find acceptable. Sorry but for me this just simply doesn't stack up.

But we have a TD here (Sumpters Jewelry) that sells genuine brands, soooo.

On another note, I don't really care for the watches personally, but good luck in your venture.

V

ShamiK

I'm slightly puzzled why a new brand would appear on a replica forum. Brand clients and partnerships and being associated with replica sites that deal in illegal watches is clearly not a marriage your partners and clients would find acceptable. Sorry but for me this just simply doesn't stack up.

But we have a TD here (Sumpters Jewelry) that sells genuine brands, soooo.

On another note, I don't really care for the watches personally, but good luck in your venture.

V

Appreciate the support on being here...and your frank view on the range.

Wriggles

If you wanted to sell something young Ben I would suggest that the old adage, 'any port in a storm' may suffice?

True one would seek as many routes to market as possible and the internet its forums and social media sites represent the most powerful potential for marketing and PR. However partnerships with brands and this place we love are 100% incompatible.

How so? Plenty of gen love around here. The guy is appealing to his audience which are watch enthusiasts, of which we are many. Just because we are interested in replicas does not mean it's mutually exclusive with gens. I've plenty of gens and actually am buying more gens than reps now, in fact I haven't bought a rep in almost 12 months.

Of the range I like the Racing Chrono24 and the LeMans black, but for us non UK buyers the exchange rate the moment is prohibitive to consider anything at that price point currently outside of established brands. Along with the quartz vs mechanical issue.

Have you considered Seiko meca-quartz movements, the Seiko VK series? Keep the price point down without going mechanical chrono movements

cufflink

I know the theme on Motorsport, but too many colors make it looks kinda 'cheap'.

Anyway like many said, quartz turn most watch collectors off, whom are usually the return customers because they own more than one watches. Suggest to use miyota or seiko movement. Also suggest to design to some 3 hands watches so you can use the 9015 etc movements instead of the chrono movement to keep price down.

I won't buy any watches on your website as they are now.

Edited by cufflink

trailboss99

I like 'em. The look is good, the motorsport tie in is strong and you have a history with both watchmaking and motorsport even if this is the first foray into "own brand" watches. The guys are of course right in saying that quartz won't appeal to collectors but I'm sure you are well aware of that and for the time being I doubt that is hurting sales much if at all. The OS20 is a good choice, it's bullet proof and cheap as even the cheapest ETA quartz chrono would add around $50 to the cost of manufacture. That's a steep premium to pay for being able to print "Swiss Movement" on a dial.

I don't think the price point is that far out for a UK assembled, quality piece with licenced branding and I'm sure current sales are confirming that. The market they are aimed at will pay that without much thought and indeed a fair portion of that market (being race fans rather than watch lovers) would not want an automatic movement.

A couple of things:

I believe there is an error on your website, most of the watches give a depth rating of 10m and I'm assuming this is supposed to read 10ATM. I for one wouldn't buy a 10m (barely rain resistant) rated watch. You may like to fix that :)

Second: For a sanely priced auto you may like to consider the Sea-Gull ST-19. This little gem may be Chinese but is as close to bullet proof as any chrono on the market. It's an improved version of the venerable Venus 75 as Sea-Gull bought the rights and the production tooling back in '62. I believe this is now available in an automatic version as well as the original handwind. This movement is looked upon favorably by watch folk and is regarded as more of a Euro MVT built in China than a Chinese MVT per se. Yes it's only a two register chrono so a bit of redesign may be required but it's a no brainer way into the auto market using a rock solid MVT for little increase in price. Last time I looked the tray price of the ST-19 hand wind was well south of $100 per unit and I doubt the auto would be much of a premium over the HW. This way you could have an auto on the books for maybe $150 more than the quartz.

Also as I'm sure you are aware your chances of obtaining a supply of Swiss chrono movements is practically zero as ETA won't supply and everyone else is at full capacity supply their current clients. That would leave you using a Japanese auto and that isn't going to cut it in that $1000+ price range. If comes down to it I think a Seiko Epson kinetic would be a better choice than a Jap auto and keep the price down a bit.

cogwatch

Only reason was so many of the members here were clicking on our website, so I thought I'd make myself known. We all love watches don't we?

"We all love watches don't we?". Perfect and simple reply, and 100% true. As has been said, this is a rep forum but most of us own lots of gens. I have about 150 watches total, and I'd say at least 30% of them are gens, in the price range of a couple hundred dollars to a couple thousand dollars (to $10K+ if I include my wife's watches, and she's gen only and a very expensive girl :lol: ). I feel you have every reason to be here and I think you're seeing that feedback from most everyone who is posting here.

Welcome, and I look forward to seeing your brand progress.

Sakurai

Love the design, not interested in quartz at this price but definitely looking fwd to when you offer automatic movements, like Trailboss says an ST-19 would be really sweet. One more extension of the lineup that would be nice is the addition of automatic non-chronos, I can definitely see your wondeful colouring design working a charm there.

Please keep us posted and good luck!

ShamiK

If you wanted to sell something young Ben I would suggest that the old adage, 'any port in a storm' may suffice?

True one would seek as many routes to market as possible and the internet its forums and social media sites represent the most powerful potential for marketing and PR. However partnerships with brands and this place we love are 100% incompatible.

How so? Plenty of gen love around here. The guy is appealing to his audience which are watch enthusiasts, of which we are many. Just because we are interested in replicas does not mean it's mutually exclusive with gens. I've plenty of gens and actually am buying more gens than reps now, in fact I haven't bought a rep in almost 12 months.

Of the range I like the Racing Chrono24 and the LeMans black, but for us non UK buyers the exchange rate the moment is prohibitive to consider anything at that price point currently outside of established brands. Along with the quartz vs mechanical issue.

Have you considered Seiko meca-quartz movements, the Seiko VK series? Keep the price point down without going mechanical chrono movements

Thanks for the support and yes I am passionate about speaking to my customers and guys like you who love watches....whichever forum that may be on. All your advice has been taken on board too!

Love the design, not interested in quartz at this price but definitely looking fwd to when you offer automatic movements, like Trailboss says an ST-19 would be really sweet. One more extension of the lineup that would be nice is the addition of automatic non-chronos, I can definitely see your wondeful colouring design working a charm there.

Please keep us posted and good luck!

All noted - cheers!

Only reason was so many of the members here were clicking on our website, so I thought I'd make myself known. We all love watches don't we?

"We all love watches don't we?". Perfect and simple reply, and 100% true. As has been said, this is a rep forum but most of us own lots of gens. I have about 150 watches total, and I'd say at least 30% of them are gens, in the price range of a couple hundred dollars to a couple thousand dollars (to $10K+ if I include my wife's watches, and she's gen only and a very expensive girl :lol: ). I feel you have every reason to be here and I think you're seeing that feedback from most everyone who is posting here.

Welcome, and I look forward to seeing your brand progress.

Thank you sir!

ShamiK

I like 'em. The look is good, the motorsport tie in is strong and you have a history with both watchmaking and motorsport even if this is the first foray into "own brand" watches. The guys are of course right in saying that quartz won't appeal to collectors but I'm sure you are well aware of that and for the time being I doubt that is hurting sales much if at all. The OS20 is a good choice, it's bullet proof and cheap as even the cheapest ETA quartz chrono would add around $50 to the cost of manufacture. That's a steep premium to pay for being able to print "Swiss Movement" on a dial.

I don't think the price point is that far out for a UK assembled, quality piece with licenced branding and I'm sure current sales are confirming that. The market they are aimed at will pay that without much thought and indeed a fair portion of that market (being race fans rather than watch lovers) would not want an automatic movement.

A couple of things:

I believe there is an error on your website, most of the watches give a depth rating of 10m and I'm assuming this is supposed to read 10ATM. I for one wouldn't buy a 10m (barely rain resistant) rated watch. You may like to fix that :)

Second: For a sanely priced auto you may like to consider the Sea-Gull ST-19. This little gem may be Chinese but is as close to bullet proof as any chrono on the market. It's an improved version of the venerable Venus 75 as Sea-Gull bought the rights and the production tooling back in '62. I believe this is now available in an automatic version as well as the original handwind. This movement is looked upon favorably by watch folk and is regarded as more of a Euro MVT built in China than a Chinese MVT per se. Yes it's only a two register chrono so a bit of redesign may be required but it's a no brainer way into the auto market using a rock solid MVT for little increase in price. Last time I looked the tray price of the ST-19 hand wind was well south of $100 per unit and I doubt the auto would be much of a premium over the HW. This way you could have an auto on the books for maybe $150 more than the quartz.

Also as I'm sure you are aware your chances of obtaining a supply of Swiss chrono movements is practically zero as ETA won't supply and everyone else is at full capacity supply their current clients. That would leave you using a Japanese auto and that isn't going to cut it in that $1000+ price range. If comes down to it I think a Seiko Epson kinetic would be a better choice than a Jap auto and keep the price down a bit.

NOW THIS IS THE FEEDBACK I AM LOOKING FOR - thank you...and the website has been changed to show ATM - appreciate that, a lot!

GenTLe

Nice pieces but, as Italian, I kind of hate the misuse of Italian words in not Italian businesses. They sounds stupid to me, like "assolutamente leather" or your "omologato"... Omologato in Italian applies to "street legal car/motorbike accessories" as like, in a more figurative way, with lack of fantasy, i.e. like "those teenagers are all dressed in the same way, they are all OMOLOGATI to the same trend".

Cheers, Alex

ShamiK

Nice pieces but, as Italian, I kind of hate the misuse of Italian words in not Italian businesses. They sounds stupid to me, like "assolutamente leather" or your "omologato"... Omologato in Italian applies to "street legal car/motorbike accessories" as like, in a more figurative way, with lack of fantasy, i.e. like "those teenagers are all dressed in the same way, they are all OMOLOGATI to the same trend".

Cheers, Alex

Hey Alex - it's also the term given to cars that were homologated for racing, that's why we used it. Appreciate the feedback though...

spudmachine

These are visually striking watches for sure. If they feel good and well-made then I think you've got about the right price point.

The folks on this site will certainly be sensitive to the idea of quartz vs auto movement, but I suspect your typical demographic might not.

Have you considered the idea of a loyalty program? So, for example, when somebody buys a Heskith watch, you can tailor the emails to them with specific details that might interest them - like on James Hunt's birthday, or the anniversary of one of his wins, etc. The idea is that they continue to feel a part of your brand. The approach usually works well with social media marketing campaigns.

Once you build up a loyal following it will influence the development of a future product. For example, as a given customer gets older, maybe he passes his watch on to his son. So two things - how do you engage with the new owner, and how do you influence your former customer to make another purchase from you?

Right now your watch range is a "statement piece" that they may wear to races, etc. What about a watch that you would design for them to wear everyday? That's where an automatic movement would come in because a quartz watch will happily sit in a drawer, waiting for the next race meeting and still tell the right time.

So maybe your automatic watch should be something more subdued that would match everyday outfits, but you need to build in your brand somehow.

So rather than a brash logo in colour, perhaps your logo becomes a really nice embossing on the dial, or a hologram on the crystal.

BTW I'm also not a fan of the black cases, but this could be a good option for you to continue with if you can get really tough finishes. What about other colours of powder coat or ceramic?

Good luck with the business - it's great to see a UK company actually making stuff!

Edited by spudmachine

ShamiK

These are visually striking watches for sure. If they feel good and well-made then I think you've got about the right price point.

The folks on this site will certainly be sensitive to the idea of quartz vs auto movement, but I suspect your typical demographic might not.

Have you considered the idea of a loyalty program? So, for example, when somebody buys a Heskith watch, you can tailor the emails to them with specific details that might interest them - like on James Hunt's birthday, or the anniversary of one of his wins, etc. The idea is that they continue to feel a part of your brand. The approach usually works well with social media marketing campaigns.

Once you build up a loyal following it will influence the development of a future product. For example, as a given customer gets older, maybe he passes his watch on to his son. So two things - how do you engage with the new owner, and how do you influence your former customer to make another purchase from you?

Right now your watch range is a "statement piece" that they may wear to races, etc. What about a watch that you would design for them to wear everyday? That's where an automatic movement would come in because a quartz watch will happily sit in a drawer, waiting for the next race meeting and still tell the right time.

So maybe your automatic watch should be something more subdued that would match everyday outfits, but you need to build in your brand somehow.

So rather than a brash logo in colour, perhaps your logo becomes a really nice embossing on the dial, or a hologram on the crystal.

BTW I'm also not a fan of the black cases, but this could be a good option for you to continue with if you can get really tough finishes. What about other colours of powder coat or ceramic?

Good luck with the business - it's great to see a UK company actually making stuff!

I joined another forum and all I got was abuse by people thinking I was trying to sell on there...eventually I came off. I never joined any forum peddling my watches...always just to talk to people who know a lot about watches what they thought and for feedback. This forum though, although at first a little dubious, has been pure gold! We are shaping this brand around feedback like this and I really really appreciate all the comments you lot have given me. I welcome more!

Edited by ShamiK

Wriggles

That must have been Repgeek! :lmao:

We're not a bad bunch, bit rough round the edges but decent underneath it all. Well most of us are.. :)

GenTLe

Another note: to me their design look a bit unbalanced because of the movement used: with their size the dial is quite large and the movement imposes the chrono registers to be too near to the center.

The effect is a dial which is busy near the center and asymmetric/unbalanced.

Ah, a question: they are sapphire crystal equipped, aren't them?

I.e. this is balanced in my view (staying on cushion case and car related watch):

Panerai_Ferrari_Granturismo_Chronograph_red.jpg

This is extremely unbalanced (other than being an ugly rep):

o_u-boat-u-boat-watch-big-dial-quartz-watch-men-89bf.jpg

Amrjon

I like 'em, everyone's taste will be different but the Le Mans and Racing chrono 24 appeal to me.

Which are your best sellers?

You mentioned licensing costs in response to a few comments about price, why not add a couple of your own designs to allow you play at different price points ?

Edited by Amrjon

HeavyKrush

Trail's post on the ST-19 is freaking right on the money. Not a fan of PVD or black watches, but would love to see something in SS with the ST-19 in the Gulf blue and orange colors.

ShamiK

I like 'em, everyone's taste will be different but the Le Mans and Racing chrono 24 appeal to me.

Which are your best sellers?

You mentioned licensing costs in response to a few comments about price, why not add a couple of your own designs to allow you play at different price points ?

You've just quoted our best sellers....by far the Chrono 24 is the best though. We are working on some other designs but set up and stocking costs are quite high for us at the moment so we are limiting the range now to what we have.

Trail's post on the ST-19 is freaking right on the money. Not a fan of PVD or black watches, but would love to see something in SS with the ST-19 in the Gulf blue and orange colors.

Cool - watch this space!

narikaa

No mystery at all

See the posts above yours

Members here throng around bottom tier 'gens' like moths to a light bulb

;)

Mike on a bike

No mystery at all

;)

I think it is more about value Reggie. Some of the micro brands quality is on par with the big boys just no name cache, for that we have reps.

BenjaminButton

No mystery at all

;)

I think it is more about value Reggie. Some of the micro brands quality is on par with the big boys just no name cache, for that we have reps.

£250 gets you a lot of genuine watch.

trailboss99

No mystery at all

;)

No need to be rude is there?

narikaa

Rude?

How so?

Just pointing out that it's a buoyant environment here for this stuff, so why wouldn't they pitch it here.

ShamiK

I just launched a new style today - can you guys let me know what you think to it. Note to understand the colours you need to be a Motorsport fan.....

http://omologato.mys...-racing-special

Edited by ShamiK

Big Adam

The JP Special was "my" F1 car when I was a kid. Model cars, posters, books etc.

I'd love to love your new model but I think the gold hands are overkill (too big?) and the union jack is too distracting.

Strangely, despite being gold and black, the manufacturer connection isn't obvious like with your other colour schemes.