Sign in to follow this  
ShamiK

OMOLOGATO Watches

Gazzla
vDFp7xy.gif

ShamiK

The JP Special was "my" F1 car when I was a kid. Model cars, posters, books etc.

I'd love to love your new model but I think the gold hands are overkill (too big?) and the union jack is too distracting.

Strangely, despite being gold and black, the manufacturer connection isn't obvious like with your other colour schemes.

Appreciate that....

vDFp7xy.gif

You OK mate?

Wriggles

Everyone's a comedian eh.

I'm with Big A on this one, unless you knew in advance or weretold you'd not get the John Player link, at least I didn't

Kcore

I'm on the other side of the pound, your distant cousin ;) Even though I'm a bit late to the party I'll offer up my 2 cents.

I really like your Le Mans Racing Blue! As GenTLe pointed out and I agree, the chrono sub-dials are to centered for my liking. For me the current choice of Quartz movt. isn't a deal breaker as I have a good number of Quartz watches. However, the price point is. The

Le Mans is selling at 249 GBP, that's roughly $385 USD. That price generally yields me a watch with a Swiss Ronda.

Big Adam

Maybe Shamik should send a sample to Gaz for a photoshoot?

:footinmouth:

Sakurai
The JP Special was "my" F1 car when I was a kid. Model cars, posters, books etc.

I'd love to love your new model but I think the gold hands are overkill (too big?) and the union jack is too distracting.

Strangely, despite being gold and black, the manufacturer connection isn't obvious like with your other colour schemes.

Oi, the JP Special was my F1 car! :)

I really like the effort, but the flag is more distracting than helpful.

With automatic movement dial spacing, no flag, and possibly more Pam like hands, this would be a top contender in the Omologato lineup for me. Thanks for keeping us updated!

BenjaminButton
vDFp7xy.gif

Better or worse than my growing £25 Hublot collection?

bech312

I like the case and strap very much. But the dials just isn't for me. Maybe it's the racing theme.

Mr Stubbs

I just launched a new style today - can you guys let me know what you think to it. Note to understand the colours you need to be a Motorsport fan.....

http://omologato.mys...-racing-special

Now we're talking! I like this watch. A lot. And for a side dish of crow, I'm coming round to the Hesketh as well. :unsure:

Gazzla
vDFp7xy.gif

Better or worse than my growing £25 Hublot collection?

I'm on the fence with that comment, Ben. My incredulity on how Hublot sell any watches is tempered by that JP disaster . . .

ddmcg2479
I just launched a new style today - can you guys let me know what you think to it. Note to understand the colours you need to be a Motorsport fan.....

http://omologato.mys...-racing-special

The Senna lotus was the first f1 car that I fell for as a kid so to be fair I like the idea behind it, but for me the execution is lacking a little.

I'd guess that the lotus theme wouldn't immediately stand out even to motor sports fans, but presumably any logos etc that would solve that are protected- like the jps interlocked letters or the Goodyear winged foot.

I would have had Sennas number 12 as the only number on the dial, and using the same font as on the car I would have thought obvious- and I suspect the subdial at 9 will put off more people than you would imagine, me included.

Gazzla

Appreciate that....

vDFp7xy.gif

You OK mate?

Sorry, but it looks the bastard, unwanted love child of a Hublot and an Invicta.

GLWS!

elp

I like the LeMans Blue very much, would look good with the strap from the LeMans Black

:thumbsup:

ShamiK

I really appreciate all your comments...good and bad. I am in the process of launching 2 more styles this year, perhaps I'll drop them here before we go live with it and you guys can help me construct it?

The Special went on sale on Thursday and we have already nearly sold all 100 pieces, but next time I will def ask you guys for direction!

misterbing

I love the one with the gulf colours.. and i would like to see some real pictures or a wrist shot.

some of you guys are being slightly over critical, as a watch brand starting out it would want to suit a mass market, and the mass market buy quartz. Yes, us watch enthusiast can spot other brand which are terrific value but only because we are in the know. but on the other hand there are plenty of well known brand sticking the arm in charging 3-4-5-600 for quartz.

ShamiK

I love the one with the gulf colours.. and i would like to see some real pictures or a wrist shot.

some of you guys are being slightly over critical, as a watch brand starting out it would want to suit a mass market, and the mass market buy quartz. Yes, us watch enthusiast can spot other brand which are terrific value but only because we are in the know. but on the other hand there are plenty of well known brand sticking the arm in charging 3-4-5-600 for quartz.

I have joined a few forums and I'm getting a lot of abuse for trying to talk directly to people who know a thing or two.... So appreciate your support my friend.

Wriggles

I have joined a few forums and I'm getting a lot of abuse for trying to talk directly to people who know a thing or two.... So appreciate your support my friend.

Ignore the dicks, plenty of them on every watch forum, comes with the territory, just learn to filter out the noise.

MetalMickey

I like the gulf coloured one. Would like to see the Seiko VK movement in them

ShamiK

Ignore the dicks, plenty of them on every watch forum, comes with the territory, just learn to filter out the noise.

Learning the hard way.....

ShamiK

I like the gulf coloured one. Would like to see the Seiko VK movement in them

Noted - I am hoping when the brand grows to go to an automatic first then to another quart movement.

Xpletiv

Just found this thread so I will have to peruse your site after commenting with what I have seen.

I, too, am not a fan of black watches, but many are so it's of no real consequence. The gold, though...Gaz summed it up for me. Now, is that a rendering? The chrono hands are not centered on their respected 9 and 3 dials. I noticed that immediately.

I don't mind quartz(I know, for shame.), but would love something without secs. And cheaper...

Oh, and dates....I hate date windows. Just don't cut out the window, cover them up. I feel they're too distracting, always in the way and look like an add on. Now, if the DW was at the 12, it would make the face more symmetrical.

On to your site! ...just went there. Too many black cases. Will like to see what you offer in so far as different styles in the future.

Edited by Xpletiv

ShamiK

Just found this thread so I will have to peruse your site after commenting with what I have seen.

I, too, am not a fan of black watches, but many are so it's of no real consequence. The gold, though...Gaz summed it up for me. Now, is that a rendering? The chrono hands are not centered on their respected 9 and 3 dials. I noticed that immediately.

I don't mind quartz(I know, for shame.), but would love something without secs. And cheaper...

Oh, and dates....I hate date windows. Just don't cut out the window, cover them up. I feel they're too distracting, always in the way and look like an add on. Now, if the DW was at the 12, it would make the face more symmetrical.

On to your site! ...just went there. Too many black cases. Will like to see what you offer in so far as different styles in the future.

The Heritage Racing Special is a rendering and the details you noted have now been amended - the watch arrives in stock about the 10th October, so we will be taking better pics to upload.

The range is taking shape and forums like this - especially ones which don't abuse the hell out of me for asking - are helping mould the whole range.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - you guys rock for helping me develop Omologato!

ShamiK

Can I ask what you guys think to this Cafe Racer strap we're working on?

Edited by ShamiK