Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

I've fallen for a Longines!!!!

Skyman dave

I'm not so sure on chrono24 either, a friend of mine was looking at a breitling super avenger and they sent him an email suggesting that the one he was looking at was from a potentially untrustworthy source.....alarm bells ringing. I just used the site along with swisswatchesdirect to get a starting point for negotiations, there price was around £1600 I think and I knew they wouldn't go that low but was prepared to pay a bit more to walk out the door with it in a bag and the book stamped. 0% finance is a no brainier really in my opinion. Are you UK?

_DC_
I'm not so sure on chrono24 either, a friend of mine was looking at a breitling super avenger and they sent him an email suggesting that the one he was looking at was from a potentially untrustworthy source.....alarm bells ringing. I just used the site along with swisswatchesdirect to get a starting point for negotiations, there price was around £1600 I think and I knew they wouldn't go that low but was prepared to pay a bit more to walk out the door with it in a bag and the book stamped. 0% finance is a no brainier really in my opinion. Are you UK?

I just re-read your post properly, dunno why but I initially thought you'd got 0% finance from a seller on Chrono24, lol, but you clearly said you got it from an AD, lol, I'll put my specs on and carry on haha!

So negotiate with the AD and get finance, sounds like a plan!

Yeah I'm UK based!!

DC

Skyman dave

It's the way forward, I was just going to try the watch when I went and picked a few out to try(the rest never got a look in to be honest) I told them how much I could get it for from Swiss watches and it went from there, I bought mine from Ernest Jones as I found them easier to deal with than goldsmiths. Good luck with your future purchase and I look forward to seeing what pieces is any you offload. If you go for it and do finance they only need 10% deposit also.

The only thing to be aware the of if its the valjoux movement it is a bit noisy on the rota( you can only hear when it's quiet) and you can feel it also but I quite like that, apparently it's a trait of the movement(possibly like marmite and you either love it or hate it)

UmpaHimself

You can never go wrong with a gen

Testomatic

Sounds less and less like a rep forum here Hehehe :-)

Kleen™

Nah....I don't really feel it...

Daytona_Dreamer

I had made several purchases there, but was recently scammed on Chrono24 with a dial purchase. If you must use the site, I'd advise using Paypal or something similar in case the deal goes south.

_DC_

I'm certain this isn't true, you can go very very wrong, lol, Floyd Mayweather Jr's collection is proof...

0D0040D8-9D74-457C-B89C-D9DC496CCDBA_zpslxbibhgj.jpg

DC

UmpaHimself

I'm certain this isn't true, you can go very very wrong, lol, Floyd Mayweather Jr's collection is proof

Lmfao. Well I mean you specifically then. Although there was an interesting article about jemmed Rolexs on hodinkee the other day. Saying you may not like the style but they are definitely made masterfully by Rolex.

HeavyKrush

As a gen Master Collection retrograde owner I can say I'm very happy with my Longines, but I'm not sure I would have sold 1/2 my collection to get it...

c78735ef9754d1a33b6cf019d0886040.jpg

CedricWX

It also resembles the Patek Pilot just out in 2015 I believe, minus the chrono function. I've always liked Longines too. Steer clear of "Duty Free" though. Duty Free just means more expensive than the High Street, unless discontinued.

wdev
Very nice and I can understand why you love it, very elegant. Not sure if I like the date window though, if they made it white on black it would have blended better in the design

And are you sure you can handle a 43mm? ;)

It's listed at between 39mm and 41mm everywhere I've seen it, which I assume is either excluding or including crown?!?

DC

Yes, a bit confusing. On the Longines website the baton marker version (L2.784.4.52.3) is listed as 43mm, I'm assuming this is incl. crown.

http://www.longines.com/#!/watches/st-imier-collection/l2-784-4-52-3

Best find it at an AD and try it on ;)

Duzza

Sell 1 rep, use that money to put a deposit down and spread the balance over 2 or 3 years on IFC. £50 a month, what's not to like? :)

Kleen™
As a gen Master Collection retrograde owner I can say I'm very happy with my Longines, but I'm not sure I would have sold 1/2 my collection to get it...

Wow, Heavy - that is the most beautiful Longines I've ever clapped my eyes upon. Stunnning!

What's the case diameter?

Kleen™
I agree. It's a beautiful watch. But:

Firstly, Hublots in person aren't as awful as I thought, quite liked some of them as it goes

You lost all credibility after that comment. Sorry . . .

. . . :rofl:

I think Hublot made some really decent watch-designs...but all of them prior to Jean Claude Biver entering their circles imo...

HeavyKrush

Wow, Heavy - that is the most beautiful Longines I've ever clapped my eyes upon. Stunnning!

Crap K, sorry for the late response mate. Mine is 44mm but it also comes in 42mm as well.

Kleen™

Crap K, sorry for the late response mate. Mine is 44mm but it also comes in 42mm as well.

No rush - I wasn't about to dart out any day soon to cough up that amount of doe..:)

But it sure looks stunning!

HeavyKrush
Just an FYI. Looks like it's been repped, or a variation of it. Just saw it a few weeks ago on perfect clones.

http://www.pf-818.com/lg00124-master-chrono-ssss-black-asia-7750-p-18251.htmlHere's your version DC

http://www.pf-818.com/lg00122-master-chrono-ssss-black-asia-7750-p-18249.html

Would look good on black gator but that sunken date wheel... Ugh.

BenjaminButton
Yep, 'tis true!

While hanging around Dubai airport for 6 hours waiting for our flight yesterday I spent quite a bit of time lurking round the ADs, and made a few discoveries!

Firstly, Hublots in person aren't as awful as I thought, quite liked some of them as it goes, do that's new!

But more importantly, I was eyeing up the Longines section which usually bores me to tears in local ADs and spotted the Longines Saint Imier Chronograph.... well, I just love it, and I mean LOVE it!!!

Here's the watch in question....

A0CB9978-B571-4FF6-BB88-1D475554CE40_zpsxeprfemh.jpg

And yes, it's probably got something to do with the similarities to Patek Chronographs like this one...

2274E485-C174-4575-AC19-9B50C12A0E6B_zpsuqyb20g2.jpg

But it's just a stunning watch, great size, and with a proper columb-wheel movement too (ok it's an auto not hand wound as a chrono should be but, hey, for £2,000 I'm not complaining)!!

Strongly considering selling most of my reps to buy one..... oh I don't know what to do?!?!???

Thought and opinions invited!!!

DC

Hey Dave I was in town today and happen to see this in the window of a dealer. The shop was closed but I had a good look. It is stunning. The photographs don't do it any justice. Beautiful detailing. And unlike most watches my wife, a women of great taste, said that's a beautiful watch.....

_DC_

Yeah, I haven't been able to find a dealer in my local area who stocks one to try it on. Not got the money at the moment anyway, too many other reps to buy in the meantime lol!

Will get it one day!

DC

emtp101

I have been looking to get my first gen crono and the more and more I look, I keep coming back to Longines. Go for it as long as it makes you happy.

simey83

That's bloody lovely! Get it bought :)