Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Genesis

Rolex Submariner 1680 Red

Mr. Genesis

Hi everyone,

About a month ago I bought a beautiful Rolex from Silix and here's my little review:

SILIX: Like always, it has been super smooth to deal with Michelle. Fast and easy to communicate and the watch arrived without any problem.

MOVEMENT: Keeps good time, easy to wind, to change the date and the time.

BRACELET: Came on a stainless bracelet. It was okay, but I like my Martu Leather strap a lot more. I also bought a nice Rolex buckle from zhuoleistore on ebay to complete the look.

Link to the strap: http://goo.gl/0bISVU

Link to the buckle: http://goo.gl/1cnMu8

DETAILS: Between the lugs you can see the serial number (STAINLESS STEEL L341520) and on the other side the model (ORIG ROLEX DESIGN 1680).

THE WATCH: The dial is matte black, which I really like! :D The bezel insert was easy to remove, so I put it a little bit in the bleach to get a matte finish.

As for the rest of the watch, I'm not an expert so I'll let you judge by yourselves. Overall I really like the watch and what I've done with it! :)

Submariner%20Display.jpg

Thank you :)

HeavyKrush

Clever move on the buckle posted on eBay to not show the crown. Watch looks fantastic mate.

Mr. Genesis

Clever move on the buckle posted on eBay to not show the crown. Watch looks fantastic mate.

Thanks, it was about time I get myself a nice vintage Rolex :)

Daytona_Dreamer

Great looking vintage Sub and excellent strap !! From the pictures the crown guards look pretty good. I'd love to see a close up on them. Overall HOT looking 1680 :)

Mr. Genesis

Great looking vintage Sub and excellent strap !! From the pictures the crown guards look pretty good. I'd love to see a close up on them. Overall HOT looking 1680 :)

Thanks, when I'll get the chance to take better pictures, I'll post them here :)

frakius

Looks great! I really don't know what to look for in vintage Rolexes for tells unlike the more modern ceramics. Which Silix watch was this, had a quick look on the website but it's not the easiest site to figure out what watch is which.

Torn between a vintage like this or a BP classic sea dweller for my next purchase, the BP SD is probably the safest option for a high quality out of box rolex rep so leaning towards that.

Edited by frakius

wdev

Got the same impression, good crown guards. Now send it off to JJ (Rolex Addict) to make it truly exceptional :D

Mr Seamaster

Ordered the same strap and branded buckle a few days ago from the bay.

Looks great on this lovely piece! :-)

Mystery Shopper

Mine says 'hi'. From Narikaa and going strong years down the track....

SAM_1118.jpg

baselogo

awesome. thinking vintage is the way for me to go next. congrats.

GenTLe

Dammit... I was looking at those ones from a while... And with that strap... Just wow...

I am thinking at a double red seadweller. Angus has some specially amazing ones :)

Mike on a bike

Looks nice but need better pics of this one if you are looking to go further. Things like crown guard shaping/shaving, lug holes (drilled for gen spec bars), dial, etc are usually needed also not full but slight ghosting of insert ( just my preference) some go too far and yes RA will get the case just right.

If not do not worry no one will know but us crazies that these little things could be a hair better.

Wear in good health!

Daywatch

These are so nice. Once You start going vintage it does hook You up:)

trailboss99

1680s always look better on a strap IMHO and as many were bought as head only to save money (Rolex would sell you one that way back then) it's how a lot of them were from new.

Mr Seamaster

SAM_1118.jpg

Is it a new one? He told me they are out of stock? :-)

Big Adam

SAM_1118.jpg

Is it a new one? He told me they are out of stock? :-)

The clue is in the bit of the sentence after "Narikaa"

:)

Mr Seamaster

Aaah got it, sorry :-)

Mr. Genesis

Thanks everyone! I was looking at vintage subs for a long time and I'm so glad I finally have one :D

Looks great! I really don't know what to look for in vintage Rolexes for tells unlike the more modern ceramics. Which Silix watch was this, had a quick look on the website but it's not the easiest site to figure out what watch is which.

Torn between a vintage like this or a BP classic sea dweller for my next purchase, the BP SD is probably the safest option for a high quality out of box rolex rep so leaning towards that.

Thanks! :) I always buy from Silix, but never from their website. I always sent them the link of another TD and they always have it at a better a price. ;)

Just in case you want a look see at the differences : https://bulangandson...680-submariner/

I got the idea of the strap and the watch from Bulang & Sons. Their watches and pictures are amazing! That being said, I won't put more money it this watch because I don't care if it's close to the gen or not. :)

jelskan

Really like the end result. I plan to do exactly the same vintage project. I've never ordered from silix before. Curious ...did you buy the economy or premium watch from silix?

Mr. Genesis

Really like the end result. I plan to do exactly the same vintage project. I've never ordered from silix before. Curious ...did you buy the economy or premium watch from silix?

The model is not on their website. Everytime I'm looking for a watch, I just sent them the pictures of the watch that I want. In this case, it was a cheap version :P

HeavyKrush

Mine says hello!

DSC_4751_zps06dee959.jpg

DSC_4734_zps956ae918.jpg

Mr. Genesis

Absolutely beautiful! :) I wish Rolex would do a remake of this model!