Sign in to follow this  
black263

[FINAL REDUCTION!!!] M2M sales prices. Why take offers and/or reduce prices

black263

Am I the only one getting disillusioned with M2M sales where a price is given and then "open to reasonable offers? To me, that just means the watch was optimistically over-priced in the first place. Seeing that, no-one in their right mind would promptly offer the asking price. Similarly, a watch may be posted with a price, and then a few hours later, price reduced. The temptation is to hang on and see how far the seller will go. Bit like a dutch auction.

I would be far happier to see prices set realistically, and then stuck to.

MetalMickey

Sometimes I think sellers aren't sure of market value, but must have a price to list, and their motivation is simply to move the piece on, making as small a loss as possible.

If I was asking, say, £105 for a watch I would expect, and would not be offended by, offers of £100.

nuttcrac69
Sometimes I think sellers aren't sure of market value, but must have a price to list, and their motivation is simply to move the piece on, making as small a loss as possible.

If I was asking, say, £105 for a watch I would expect, and would not be offended by, offers of £100.

This

Genius

You list at what you think is fair and if it doesn't sell then it's a sellers prerogative to reduce the price... Seems fair enough to me

black263

But would you then sell it for £100, in which case why not price it there.

MetalMickey

I see your point. I think many see M2M the same way as buying and selling a car rather than Asda. Bit of room for a ittle bit of light haggling.

Bluenose

I think it's all in the ambition of a fair trade by both seller and buyer. If you see a piece which you like but feel it's over valued, you can make an offer its the sellers prerogative it accept or not.

Buyer have the option to wait it out on the potential of a price reduction, but runs the risk of someone else paying the asking price.

greg_r

Personally I just ban anybody who tries to lowball me.

:giggle:

onzenuub

Banwhore.

Left Coast Guy

Meh, don't get your panties in a bundle....as long as folks are profiteering, its up to them to price how they want. If they price wrong, the watches won't sell or they'll get heckled for the ask....seems the forum self moderates a bit in that regard.

Personally, I feel more comfortable selling here than other venues. I'm selling a Citizen now for half of what I paid for it, when I'm pretty sure I could sell it on ebay or WUS for more than that....I just don't care to put in the effort to sell there...Would rather see it go to one of your gents for less...

GenTLe

Because then people will wait it to go 90 :)

Hornet

When I post something for sale I usually look to see if anyone has sold one recently, then basis my price on that. I've seen the same model being sold for wildly varying prices, which makes it more difficult to judge a fair price.....

I don't see anything wrong with reacting to a lack of interest by dropping the price. Just following the market....

BadPickle

Exactly how low are your balls Greg???

:lol:

Gazzla

I think it's called 'wriggle room'. :lol:

UmpaHimself

It's with anything you sell. You know you have a theoretical maximum value but you also have a lowest price you are willing to accept so if they come in with an offer that meets or exceeds your lowest price but maybe isn't asking price you can still make a sale or negotiate from there. I always price things based on the market. Sometimes they fly off immediately at asking price and sometimes price drops or negotiating is required. It all depends on the item and how in demand it is. For instance, you can't give away an invicta here but you can get rid of them fairly quick on the right gen forum. Doesn't mean it's not worth the asking price, just depends on the market.

greg_r

Swayin' in the breeze and bangin' my knees... :rofl:

BadPickle

Exactly how I thought :lmao2:

2point

Am I the only one getting disillusioned with M2M sales where a price is given and then "open to reasonable offers? To me, that just means the watch was optimistically over-priced in the first place. Seeing that, no-one in their right mind would promptly offer the asking price. Similarly, a watch may be posted with a price, and then a few hours later, price reduced. The temptation is to hang on and see how far the seller will go. Bit like a dutch auction.

I would be far happier to see prices set realistically, and then stuck to.

The prices here are realistic, not like the fuckwits on RWI who want to add the cost of every 'mod' they have paid for then have been disappointed with, marking them up as 'i have $xxx in this'

The market rules. If its too high it won't sell,

I NEVER offer below the asking, if I want to buy at that price I will but I don't want to get into a tit for tat series of posting.

2point

I firmly believe in ALL bids being in the forum other than PM. Shows the lowballers for what they are.

Tits McGee

Fixed

Borat.jpg

RUSH2112

Once I decide to sell I want it gone so I probably leave money on the table but I don't care. It's worth a bit of money to try a different watch

Ishmael

Once I decide to sell I want it gone so I probably leave money on the table but I don't care. It's worth a bit of money to try a different watch

Yeah this. My rate of price reduction is inversely proportional to my desire for another watch.

BadPickle

I've never lost money on a sale, buy low sell high, that's how I roll ;) plus, being from the UK, we can do the old "currency switch"..... Blah blah blah 278usd plus shipping blah blah, full service 90usd blah blah.... Then boom price in ££££££ most members are too stupid to work it out :lol:

Win win win ££££££££ :lmao:

Gazzla

I've never lost money on a sale, buy low sell high, that's how I roll ;) plus, being from the UK, we can do the old "currency switch"..... Blah blah blah 278usd plus shipping blah blah, full service 90usd blah blah.... Then boom price in ££££££ most members are too stupid to work it out :lol:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Genius

Mix it up by getting work done in Finland and paying in euros, with three currencies the suckers will never work it out