Sign in to follow this  
WatchDog21

Seiko Recraft (green dial) so cheap I feel like I stole it.

WatchDog21

After seeing some post on this particular Seiko I knew I wanted one and with the green dial. I did some searching and best price I could find was about $135.00 on eBay. Not expensive but since I had told myself that I have spent enough money on watches this month year this one would just have to wait. No more watches this year, PERIOD!!!

So I failed. The deal was so fantastic there was no way I could pass. I bought the watch new with warranty card, box etc for $35 out of pocket! Here is how I got it.

I recently sold some old iPhones on eBay. Upon return home from Miami last week I was going through my email. In there was an eBay coupon for $100 on "Qualified Purchases". I figured there was no way that the watch I wanted would be "qualified". I proceeded to make the purchased and applied the coupon. You already know the rest of the story. Coupon applied and my cost was the remaining balance of $35.

I actually couldn't believe it until I saw that it had shipped. It arrived today!

20664462608_62d7b97016_c.jpg

20664407580_586bb59812_b.jpg

Gazzla

Very nice. These Recrafts are the bollocks.

elp

I am also considering the green one, figure it will be way more expensive for me in the UK :cry:

MetalMickey

Winner. Mine is on its way from Canada thanks to M2M.

WatchDog21

Was that Elvisfreaks? I think it was his original post that turned me on to the watch.

Kcore

WOW- Great buy CMD! A real beauty too :thumbsup:

GenTLe

Great deal! Enjoy it :)

MetalMickey

Was that Elvisfreaks? I think it was his original post that turned me on to the watch.

Yes that is the one. Couldn't resist it.

WatchDog21

Know that feeling well :D You will be happy! This actually worked out for me even better than what I was originally going to do. I went over to WUS where there was one listed for $100. Sent the seller a PM but never heard back from him. Can't say I blame him though; I have a ZERO post count over there so if I were in his shoes I would not bother either

MetalMickey

Know that feeling well :D You will be happy! This actually worked out for me even better than what I was originally going to do. I went over to WUS where there was one listed for $100. Sent the seller a PM but never heard back from him. Can't say I blame him though; I have a ZERO post count over there so if I were in his shoes I would not bother either

I have a good solid pay count there and am often ignored, the members there are an unfriendly bunch sometimes. I forget how forgiving and open this scene is by comparison.

WatchDog21

I have a good solid pay count there and am often ignored, the members there are an unfriendly bunch sometimes. I forget how forgiving and open this scene is by comparison.

:lol: that must of been the cold chill I felt when I first stopped in then, i thought maybe it was bad breath or something. :giggle:

N.Rico

Congrats cmd

definitly that deal is umbeatable ,enjoy it ,

will you keep it in that ss bracellet ? ,or will look for a leather strap ?

WatchDog21
Congrats cmd definitly that deal is umbeatable ,enjoy it , will you keep it in that ss bracellet ? ,or will look for a leather strap ?

For now I will keep it on a bracelet. Not really sure of a leather one to try so I will keep my eyes open for some ideas.

NFleischer

Just got my Gold version, about $110. Another Birthday gift from me. Now I'm finally done buying watches, feels good!

IMG_0251_zpstzmcqjul.jpg

RichardMiami

oh great......... now I am putting a few of these on my Amazon wish list....................... when does it end??????????????

:D

WatchDog21
oh great......... now I am putting a few of these on my Amazon wish list....................... when does it end?????????????? :D

Apparently never! I keep telling myself no more for awhile then next thing you another great deal comes along.

Daffy

How about a nice Bund style strap for that ultra-vintage look?

$_57.JPG

Ishmael

Now I'm finally done buying watches, feels good!

Haha good one :D

RichardMiami

The power of suggestion - this just arrived today:

More and better pics tomorrow!

20150911162420_zpslnuvzxbj.jpg

MetalMickey

Lovely pickup, they are great value and it's great to see something other than a Submariner or Datejust clone!

NFleischer

I like the gray one also Richard- congrats.

WatchDog21
The power of suggestion - this just arrived today:

More and better pics tomorrow!

20150911162420_zpslnuvzxbj.jpg

Ah yes! Congratulations Richard! Liking that Gray dial also. My green dial was justification for a proper watch to wear on St patties day :lol:

RichardMiami

Thanks guys!

I may yet get the green one also..... :lmao:

elp

Nice pickup RM. I'll need to find a way of getting one from the US without being raped with customs and shipping.

jingo.smile
Nice pickup RM. I'll need to find a way of getting one from the US without being raped with customs and shipping.

I take one too, if you find one!