Sign in to follow this  
ghardy

vintage rolex pt 2

ghardy

I saw a gen rolex oyster perpetual date, ss, about 20 year old model, small face, mid 30s mm, plastic front. Plain, simple, amazing. Now where to find a rep. Starting to look with the trusted dealers, but any advice from the Rolex experts here would be appreciated.

greg_r

Hmm - tends to be the current models that get repped. Datejusts and Day/Dates are easy, but I can't say I've seen a rep of the older oyster date models..

Calling KBH!!!

Slim
I saw a gen rolex oyster perpetual date, ss, about 20 year old model, small face, mid 30s mm, plastic front. Plain, simple, amazing. Now where to find a rep. Starting to look with the trusted dealers, but any advice from the Rolex experts here would be appreciated.

If it had an acrylic crystal I'm pretty sure it would be more than 20 years old. Rolex started using sapphire from the late '70s and I think new Dates all had sapphire from the mid '80s. You might also consider an Air King replica if you like the more understated look.

This is a gen Date from the early '90s with a sapphire crystal.

date_s.jpg

Member X

They do look great - I just wish they were bigger! lol

Slim

I think the size is probably the main reason they're often overlooked. I prefer them to Datejusts for just that reason personally.

KBH

Run over to RWGjr and do a search. There are several people over there that have built some nice frankens. No reps that I'm aware of. I couldn't even find a rep DJ with lug holes back when I was first looking, let alone a 34mm with lug holes and plexi.

ghardy

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the info: It is the small size and simple look of the oyster perpetual that I like.

Slims' day date is a beaut.

I don't care if it has plexi, heck I would prefer sapphire -- it just happened that the gen had plexi.

I am looking at some day dates and airkings the trusted dealers have and have asked mary to see what she can find me.

Couple of interesting options at silix prime (a new or at least new to me trusted dealer):

would post photo but I seem to be the only retard on this board who can not figure out how to past a photo.

Maybe just bite the bullet and purchase the gen.