Sign in to follow this  
bos98

Starting a collection and looking for feedback

bos98

Hey everyone,

Pretty new here but have already started my rep collection with the 3 Rolex deal from Robert.

I have had the GMT on my wrist for about a week and really love it.

I have a Super Avenger being delivered today based on the USPS tracking of the EMS shipment, but I am really keen on getting an Omega and a Panerai to round out the starting of a solid watch collection.

I am interested in these:

Omega PO 42MM

PAM 253

Any thoughts or suggestions on other models? I am trying to keep the spend to about $400-450 for 2 watches.

Thanks in advance for the advice,

Bos98

greg_r

Both damned good choices imho. Personally I'd go for a non-chrono PAM such as a 111 or 177, but that's just my personal preference.

bos98
Both damned good choices imho. Personally I'd go for a non-chrono PAM such as a 111 or 177, but that's just my personal preference.

I dont really want a chrono either, but i do want it on a nice brown leather strap, I will check out the other 2 models you mentioned.

Thanks

Tom3949

+1 on what Greg said. I have a budget 111 from Robert which is of unbelievable quality but am definitely hankering after a higher end model together with a 177 and / or a 127 fiddy.

greg_r

ReplicaMake sell good versions of both models. Just be aware that rep straps are generally not that great, so you'll probably find yourself wanting to upgrade the strap. There's a bunch of good strap dealers on our trusted list and a decent quality replacement doesn't necessarily have to be that expensive.

bos98
ReplicaMake sell good versions of both models. Just be aware that rep straps are generally not that great, so you'll probably find yourself wanting to upgrade the strap. There's a bunch of good strap dealers on our trusted list and a decent quality replacement doesn't necessarily have to be that expensive.

What about this one? I have not heard of the Asian 6487 movement before. How does it stack up?

PAM 177

ebzen02

Get the 111j..it is the entry Pam for most. Get it with the rubber strap..

bos98
Get the 111j..it is the entry Pam for most. Get it with the rubber strap..

I think i am trying to avoid more entry level watches, as I rather just buy once, instead of feeling the urge to replace a watch with a higher grade Rep down the road.

But as far as anyone I know thinks, my GMT is real and know one I know has a real watch any nicer than a Movado to really compare my reps to, so maybe I should go entry level and save some cash.

ebzen02

Then I would get the 212 instead of the 253.. A tad more accurate, however, both are awesome!

bos98
Then I would get the 212 instead of the 253.. A tad more accurate, however, both are awesome!

(Any suggestions on accuracy if I wanted a PAM with a datewheel?)

Nevermind that, I think I am going to go with the 212 and get a custom leather strap from one of the dealers here.

Edited by bos98