Sign in to follow this  
Bncrpt

BP dssd a2836 issue...

Bncrpt

Hey guys after someone with more technical knowledge than myself!

BP Deep Blue DSSD with Asian 2836 movement got it from m2m a while back, originally from MR from memory...has been working perfect for past month nearly daily wear however has stopped today. Palm smack face down, gentle waves of hand etc no go. Pull the crown time sets date sets etc etc all feels smooth as still. Tried hand winding feels like it is havent had chance to pop back as yet.Seconds hand has stopped at 12 o'clock position which was amusing lol

Any suggestions fellas?

Cheers

Todd

gingerr6

Get the back of. 1st part of anything like this. Screw could have come out and got stuck in the ballance.

Bncrpt

Yeah im stuck on shift and the sticky ball doesnt fit in the kit lol Ill pop back once i knock off..

Bncrpt

Ok I've updated first post with pics of movement. Back was a pain to take off so ignore the residue on watch haha that's from the tape I had to use on my sticky ball as an extra assist!!

Bncrpt

As usual wont let me edit on iPad so have to post here...

Update: So back is off...nothing appears loose and nothing falls out with some gentle shaking.

Rotor turns freely with tweezers and stops when you let off.

When you hand wind it's very tight gears move rotor doesn't.

3f15cef7e4e80564e66dd1cebed33e1b.jpg

0dbc10fe61515355443d80dac9559c84.jpg

Any suggestions fellas?

Cheers

Todd

JSJ

Does the balance try to start at all? I'm assuming the second hand doesn't move even slightly. Could it be hitting a marker?

Otherwise something is probably stuck inside. Have you shaken it about upside down?

Bncrpt

Hey...yeah ive given it a good manhandling lol nothing wants to dislodge. Seconds hand doesnt move at all and balance is a no no...

Bncrpt

Rotor and winding assembly removed for closer look that's about as far as I'm willing to go lol.

Trying 5 upload pics from phone now. .

Bncrpt
20150909_013237.jpg

Bncrpt
20150909_013733.jpg

Bncrpt

2015-09-09-02-36-28.png

This is only thing I observed..appears a Gear tooth missing?

JSJ

2015-09-09-02-36-28.png

This is only thing I observed..appears a Gear tooth missing?

There you have it! At least you know now. That missing tooth is almost certainly stuck inside the movement somewhere.

Well done!

Now what will you do?

Left Coast Guy

Nice work....should be easy now. Dig around the balance wheel, pallet fork, etc, and find it. Got to be there blocking something. Can't remember the name of the part but part of the winding mechanism, should be easy to find on ebay or ofrei and replace.

GenTLe

What JSJ said: that tooth can be wherever and block the movement. You need to replace that wheel (crown wheel, part 19 for ETA 2836/2824), unassemble, proper wash and lube correctly the reverse gears with Lubeta V105 (this is the cause of it being hard to handwind and most probably the cause of the broken tooth) and disassemble the movement to service it, clean it and remove that broken bit.

Bncrpt

Righto well that's a small achievement getting that far I guess..thanks guys for the info hey:)

...as for the repair that's out of my comfort zone I think! :(

gingerr6
Righto well that's a small achievement getting that far I guess..thanks guys for the info hey:)

...as for the repair that's out of my comfort zone I think! :(

Where are you ?? It looks like the balance will need removing and then the pallet fork. You can then test if the main train wheels move.

Bncrpt

Australia buddy no tinkerers here unfortunately lol

Yeah I have been looking at videos...and few guys been filling my head haha but not something I've done

gingerr6

Google watch repair talk YouTube.

Mark does a great walkthrough on the 2824.

Take of the rotor and auto wind mechanism.

Remove the power from the main spring. Remove the balance bridge. Remove the pallet bridge and the pallet fork. Gently push the main barrel this in turn should move all the wheels on top if not then this will need to be stripped.

Edited by gingerr6

Bncrpt

Got down as far as pallet bridge and my screwdriver was just too big! Damnit...

gingerr6
Got down as far as pallet bridge and my screwdriver was just too big! Damnit...

Does the fork " flick" ??

Bncrpt

Yes seems to flick back n forth when u touch the balance wheel etc

Bncrpt

Right so I think next question is whether any Aussie have found a watch Smith locally who will work on reps? Otherwise I think I'm shit outa luck..was sweating bullets tonight pullin this bastard down then reassembling. .little bits goin everywhere heart rate was thru the roof lol!!

gingerr6

Right need to remove the balance and pallet fork. Make sure all the power is removed from the main spring. Once off. With a tooth pick or something spin the main spring and make sure all the wheels move. Make sure the barrel goes all the way round a couple of times. ??? If it does then the watch should work !!!

Bncrpt

well holy shit i did it!

pulled the pallet fork and bridge out finally and pretty sure a small tiny ass piece of gear came with it couldnt say for certain as it landed on carpet and i cant see the bastard nowlol

reassembled and noticed after i gave the balance a flick it was all moving and just kept going! back together and resting for time being until i can get the crown gear replacement, any suggestions for best place to order this?

Thanks for the tips guys feels like a pretty cool accomplishment to be honest!

JSJ

Well done mate! It's a great feeling isn't it?

Maybe someone has a shagged movement with a crown wheel going spare. I don't reckon I have but I can have a root round in a couple of days if you're still stuck.

Keep us posted.