Sign in to follow this  
ImNotFatImFluffy

what is with all these peoples odd requests?

ImNotFatImFluffy

These people on repgeek are some weird ones, a lot seem to want some watch that is nearly impossible to rep accurately

A lot want some odd watch that looks 99% like some watch they can already buy at a cheap budget cost

And some want a contender for the ugliest watch ever to be repped

Are the days of the rep makers attention on Breitling divers gone and forgotten?

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2013/06/bretling-avenger-ii-seawolf.html?m=1

Id like the volcano black with numbers to be repped on the stainless steel bracelet and honestly don't know why we can't already buy them (besides because the factories seem to have forgotten about breiting divers)

Even if the cost was nearly $400 id buy one, i just am years away from being ready to spend starting at $2500ish (you can find certain models around that much on ebay, but usually on bracelet is nearly $3000) to $4000+ on the real deal at an AD

I also dont have that much money burning a hole in my pocket

What do you guys think?

Stuvetjee

You mean my topic about the MB&F HMX in the PureTime section? Naaah its not that hard! :lol:

Genius

You mean my topic about the MB&F HMX in the PureTime section? Naaah its not that hard! :lol:

Just had a look at that watch it is very very cool but fuck all idea how you tell the time on it, or even if it actually tells the time

ImNotFatImFluffy

Not just you, several people start topics ask for the nearly impossible, then a couple dozen post saying they want the same watch, but about half those requests die down

Idk why nobody seems to be behind repping any of the avenger 2 series, its more reasonable than most of these peoples requests and would for sure sell much better

Edited by ImNotFatImFluffy

trailboss99
1948526.jpg

Stuvetjee

Just had a look at that watch it is very very cool but fuck all idea how you tell the time on it, or even if it actually tells the time

Its kinda ''guess how late'' watch. :P

jewped

who is really to blame here? the people that want the watch they like for their price range...

or the brands that honestly would rather charge $50k plus for a watch and sell only a couple rather than making it more affordable and selling 100's or 1000's .... can you honestly say that some of these watches call for those sort of price tags?

ImNotFatImFluffy
who is really to blame here? the people that want the watch they like for their price range...

or the brands that honestly would rather charge $50k plus for a watch and sell only a couple rather than making it more affordable and selling 100's or 1000's .... can you honestly say that some of these watches call for those sort of price tags?

Most watches in extreme price ranges don't honestly seem worth it, i just don't see why people can't get behind a reasonable request for a watch that could be done well and will sell very well for the rep makers

It seems like "heroine hero" from that episode of south park, shooting up and then chasing after a dragon

Edited by ImNotFatImFluffy

jewped

I agree with one caveat ....the complications. For those ones I do understand the price tag.... for others who just claim its worth it because its made by their elite brand, I think its pathetic.

If I spent years coming up with a watch model or movement or design I would feel validated by everyone wanting one and fair number owning one... the people that work hard for their money are the ones who really validate your work...

Ultimately it's a weird notion that only the rich and powerful should be able to afford one.... because to them 50k is peanuts anyway, are they really validating your brand or just going out shopping for the day like the plebs would do wiht a citizen or etc?

jewped

I think its even MORE interesting that they spend so much money on legal teams and whatever else to seek out counter-fitters and have dealers website's shut down for selling the replicas of their watches.

What are they trying to stop? They cant honestly think that it is costing them sales,,,, the people that can afford them would never buy a replica to save money so what does that mean? they are jealous that the replicas probably make more money than they do? Well yeah duh.. but do they think well shit lets lower the price so it would be pointless to buy a replica, we can beat them at their own game! Maybe even like 1 model?

No such luck... but hey since those involved with the replicas are doing so well maybe some of those folk will be able to afford to buy one your watches now.. hopefully they buy a nice one so you can payroll more people to find those damned people who are behind making and selling those replicas... where they fuck are they hiding?

lol ok I am done now, feel better haha

ImNotFatImFluffy

So nobody agrees with me?

Sakurai
So nobody agrees with me?

Depends mate :) but I'm all with you on the Breitlings. About time we got some new Breitling super reps like the 44 Abyss where it's clear demand far outweighs supply.