Sign in to follow this  
gtwc

Replacement straps for Mille, Omega Seamaster......

gtwc

Dear Sirs,

Having seen the vitriol that has poured out of your lips / fingertips, I am somewhat nervous about asking for help.............ha,ha,ha,ha !!!!

Seriously, my dear ol' dad has a Richard Mille RMOO5 (don't mock - it's actually kinda nice) and would like to change the strap from the shitty (already frayed to fuck) 'satin' over the leather backing.

Problem is that the RM straps are fixed 'in' the case, and you need a 8 star / 'octopoint?' mini-tool to undo.

Can anyone of you nice peoples help - suggestions for replacement straps and what tool do I need exactly?

Question#2:

42mm (dear ol' dad yet again) Omega Seamaster - a real cheapie (thanks WatchEden) but a beauty for the price. H'ever, the supplied s/s bracelet reads 'Speedmaster' not Seamaster, and is also one of those really crappy laser-etched ones.

Is it economically viable (pretty good for a Sunday night after wine & rum) to purchase a proper (NOT the real McCoy) s/s Seamaster bracelet - and where could I get a goodie for very little cash?

Oh, BTW, Happy (belated) New Year to the lots of ya - I am only just back online since end-October and I have missed you all.

bst rgds / rod

sconehead

...can't help with the RM but I'm pretty sure that a member here may have an old SMP clasp/bracelet gathering dust in their parts bin...