Sign in to follow this  
watchus

Breitling SOSF

watchus

I see that SILIX is one of the trusted dealers here...What is your experience with this dealer?

I am seeing the Breitling SOSF with ETA movement and wondering if is worth it $ 150 more than the 21 J version. Also the one at SILIX, IS 42 mm, compare with the 21 J version from Mary that is 43 mm.

http://www.silix-prime.com/bres047-p-2150.html

Which one is actually closest to the gen? I checked the Breitling site and the version that is offered now is 44 mm.

Was there a previous 43 mm version or 42 mm?

Thanks

Del

It looks to my from the photos that the Silix watch has the more up to date face - it looks whiter than Mary's version and the hour markers are more green looking. However, it still has the red box second hand rather than the red arrow second hand that is on the most recent models.

I've never bought from Silix but they are a Trusted Dealer so you will be ok with them. Personally though, I would buy a 21j version rather than pay more than double for the Swiss ETA - but that's just me :D.

JohnG

I personally would no longer pay the extra - I have had lots of both, if the case set is the same, the only difference will be 2 beats per second, it is EXTREMELY hard to notice, and you have to have it an inch from your nose.

I had an SOSF, w/ blue dial, LOVED IT. But gave it up when I got a Super Avenger.

KeNnY

on Swiss ETA-2824 you will have really nice rotor, with possible engravings of Breitling sign, so you would put some display back :D also, on the 21J movement, there will be sometimes plastic ring around movement, so the watch could be a little lighter than the watch with metal ring inside.

Go with the cheaper version, and maybe later, if you will be more skilled you will buy separately new dial, hands and movement to create your own super watch :Whistle:

700 POST !

watchus

thanks all for the suggestions

It looks to my from the photos that the Silix watch has the more up to date face - it looks whiter than Mary's version and the hour markers are more green looking. However, it still has the red box second hand rather than the red arrow second hand that is on the most recent models.

I've never bought from Silix but they are a Trusted Dealer so you will be ok with them. Personally though, I would buy a 21j version rather than pay more than double for the Swiss ETA - but that's just me :thumbsup:.

rychastings

I would check with Mary and see how her version compares.

AllergyDoc

Rumor is, the super Swiss model will be back in a month or two. You can dive into the Marietta Trench wearing it. I swear!