Sign in to follow this  
Sledge

Ordered a TC V6 Sub 16610 today!

Sledge

After lurking and reading the majority of the newbie help section here comes my first post.

I pulled the trigger and ordered the TC V6 today. From numerous posts it seems to be a great time piece from a respected enthusiast. I know I have read several have changed to the gen insert but I will hold off to see how the one that comes with the piece looks first. The pics of this watch look absolutely incredible.

Now the 30-45 day wait begins! Can't wait to see this thing on my wrist!

Big Adam

ShovelnTC

The new TC inserts are very good and in my opinion it is no longer necessary or economical to change to Gen insert as for the extra $200 for a Gen insert you won't get that much of an improvement..

Enjoy when you get it.

Sledge

Yep. Yet another reason why I hate the keyboard on an iPad!

Sledge
The new TC inserts are very good and in my opinion it is no longer necessary or economical to change to Gen insert as for the extra $200 for a Gen insert you won't get that much of an improvement..

Enjoy when you get it.

That seems to be the general consensus. I can't wait!

tabuktime

Welcome and well done on your first choice.

Look forward to lots of pictures on arrival.

Duzza

The newer bezel inserts are indistinguishable from the gen IMO.

Sledge

I was extremely close to buying a used gen 16610 from a local jeweler here in Los Angeles but it had a pretty mashed up crystal and insert was really chewed up. Asking price was 5200 +tax with no papers, no box and no warranty.

Then I found a "genuine Swiss replica" rep and started conducting my research. Let's just say that this rwg forum probably saved me about 500-700 bucks since they are apparently known for ripping people off.

After seeing other user pics of the TC Sub I about sh!t myself and figured what the heck. This looks incedible and is mad by an enthusiast with what appears to be extreme precision and attention to the smallest detaill. Honestly from the pics I don't believe that I could tell the difference unless I was to crack it open.

Oh now the waiting which will be the headset part!

Genius

I got my V6 before he finished his new bezel off so bought a gen insert but my mate got his after so stuck with the TC. The only difference I could see in the inserts was mine (the gen) was the slightly older style with the flatter 4 whilst my mates (the TC) is the slightly newer style with the pointier 4. I think the flatter 4 is more period correct with the unengraved rehaut but I may be wrong, either way I wouldn't have bothered with the gen one if mine had come with the latest TC insert

JSJ

I was extremely close to buying a used gen 16610 from a local jeweler here in Los Angeles but it had a pretty mashed up crystal and insert was really chewed up. Asking price was 5200 +tax with no papers, no box and no warranty.

Then I found a "genuine Swiss replica" rep and started conducting my research. Let's just say that this rwg forum probably saved me about 500-700 bucks since they are apparently known for ripping people off.

After seeing other user pics of the TC Sub I about sh!t myself and figured what the heck. This looks incedible and is mad by an enthusiast with what appears to be extreme precision and attention to the smallest detaill. Honestly from the pics I don't believe that I could tell the difference unless I was to crack it open.

Oh now the waiting which will be the headset part!

Well done on all that.

I'm excited about which headset part will come with it too. Do you think maybe a jack plug?

panerai love

Can i ask how much you paid for it?

Sledge

Well done on all that.

I'm excited about which headset part will come with it too. Do you think maybe a jack plug?

Damn autocorrect. Maybe I have a crappy rep IPad! :)

Can i ask how much you paid for it?

http://blog.tc-sub.com/2012/05/tc-watches-list.html

Daywatch

Very good choice, it´s stunning once it´s on the wrist.

Now relax and maybe look for a Breitling or Omega to pass the time.

Sledge

After seeing the pics and the attention to detail I had to have one.

I am already researching my next purchase but need to save a few bucks first. Really considering grabbing a Jaeger le Coulture Master Tourbillion. There is something about that watch keeps drawing me in.

roie16

After seeing the pics and the attention to detail I had to have one.

I am already researching my next purchase but need to save a few bucks first. Really considering grabbing a Jaeger le Coulture Master Tourbillion. There is something about that watch keeps drawing me in.

:offtopic:

Well Sledge, here is an awesome review of one: :lol:http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=107453

Ordered my sub v6 on September 10 so I am in the same boat as you, also bought a B25-295-CAR (AR coded) from the Rolex forum, not periodic correct I know, but who cares… :D

Tried to contact Nick from watchrepairsuk to do the swap, waterproof and some other small mods but no answer, so I will probably use another, not TD Modder And hope for the best.

TC gave me a recommendation of someone else....

Edited by roie16

northantsrich

My one is in the post. I have a gen insert with the flat 4 all ready and waiting. Only a week or so to go.

Duzza

Only 1 was to go, TC LV with a gen blue bezel with faded gold markers and a gen pearl in a silver cup :)

DSC_0436_zpsqwu3tj2o.jpg

drmdtsap

Only 1 was to go, TC LV with a gen blue bezel with faded gold markers and a gen pearl in a silver cup :)

DSC_0436_zpsqwu3tj2o.jpg

whooaaaaoooo... a beauty

MoveAlong

Congrats! You picked the right one. Try it stock from TC for a while and see if you're OK with it. The most popular thing is to go with a gen insert for a few hundred bucks roughly. The thing that made the most difference to me actually was a gen crystal. Just depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go money wise. I've got about as much in the bezel insert and crystal as I do in the watch itself, and I did the work myself. At the very least I'd recommend replacing the TC crystal gasket with a Clarks. TC's is just way too thin. If you try to pop off the bezel, the crystal comes off too. It's not supposed to do that.

My V6 with gen insert and crystal (perfect cyclops) says hi.

21804684101_af8cdb325b_b.jpg

RUSH2112

Mine is in my sit and, after comparing to gen, I say the gen crystal is the most likely needed mod if you want it as close as possible. It's. It the entire crystal but the cyclops that is bothersome.

MoveAlong

DSC_0436_zpsqwu3tj2o.jpg

Forgot to say nice one there, Duzza!

Sledge

DSC_0436_zpsqwu3tj2o.jpg

wow that thing is incredible!

Congrats! You picked the right one. Try it stock from TC for a while and see if you're OK with it. The most popular thing is to go with a gen insert for a few hundred bucks roughly. The thing that made the most difference to me actually was a gen crystal. Just depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go money wise. I've got about as much in the bezel insert and crystal as I do in the watch itself, and I did the work myself. At the very least I'd recommend replacing the TC crystal gasket with a Clarks. TC's is just way too thin. If you try to pop off the bezel, the crystal comes off too. It's not supposed to do that.

My V6 with gen insert and crystal (perfect cyclops) says hi.

21804684101_af8cdb325b_b.jpg

I really just love the look of the subs more than any other watch. I can't explain why. Who knows this may just be the next step for me to go pickup a gen.

Mine is in my sit and, after comparing to gen, I say the gen crystal is the most likely needed mod if you want it as close as possible. It's. It the entire crystal but the cyclops that is bothersome.

The images of the TC unit seem to be pretty spot on. I am convinced if I truly fall in love with the piece then I will trade up to a gen. But from the looks of it this may just suit my needs!

fatarms

DSC_0436_zpsqwu3tj2o.jpg

Beautiful. I had this exact same watch up until about two months ago... Same LV dial, same gen gold cup blue insert, and gen crystal as well. Almost $900 worth altogether. As far as I know, it's gone now :( This is the only picture I have of it.

P7180116_zpspkwjmges.jpg

Let's just say I hope to see it back one day.

nunu78

DSC_0436_zpsqwu3tj2o.jpg

Beautiful. I had this exact same watch up until about two months ago... Same LV dial, same gen gold cup blue insert, and gen crystal as well. Almost $900 worth altogether. As far as I know, it's gone now :( This is the only picture I have of it.

P7180116_zpspkwjmges.jpg

Let's just say I hope to see it back one day.

what happened my friend?

fatarms

Don't want to say much, other than send your watches for service to trusted watchsmiths on this board. Pretty sure I got burned.