Sign in to follow this  
capice

DUTCH GTGPICS....

capice

Had a great time meeting old and new friends.

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1253b.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1233b.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1224b.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

dingle

looks like a great time, but what the hell is up with all 10:10 faces? :D

capice

Done on request since our 1st GTG in Brussels....blinded cabs, only 1 member knew where we were going to....it was unforgeatable.

some of the members have professions which are a bit tricky when showing faces(military,government ect)

T9000

Judging from the pics, time appears to have taken its toll on quite a few of those guys... :D

sconehead

Was Onze there?

dingle
Was Onze there?

second from the left?.....:D

capice

belgians, dutchies, germans,scotchsman,english,1 brabander,,,,:D but no onzenuub

Silverspeed

looks like a great time you guys had......Hmmm those Duvels looks tasteful....

too bad I couldn't make it Sunday....

ebzen02

Love Duvel! Just love that beer!

What is up with those untimely faces?

chum_2000_uk

Bet there were some 12 O'clock shadows later in the day

greg_r

:D

Looks like a great day.

Onze can't have made it. No bus station toilets in the photos... ;)

theflyingdutchman

Update written by Mette:

Dear all,

I somehow can't get to the reply-thingy on the board; so here you go:

Now for the extended review of our GTG jan. ’11:

We gatered 11ish at the front door of the Rikketik expo. Everybody was already there when I arrived fashionably late! I did the phone-ringing trick to find our who the geeks where; there we’re some others at the door. Introduced ourselves and got going.

The expo was a trip, sometimes back in time with lots of vintage and sometimes really nice minters. Amazing to see crap on one hand, on the other loads of really great HIGH end stuff like PAMS, Vacherins, Pateks Rollies and others. When I now think of it, I realise the guys in the back of the hall had a small fortune in watches for sale.

The strangest thing I found was that where two, of which we knew, that actually sold REPS. One had them stacked in a hidden briefcase, the other had them displayed in a box just in front on the table, for every one to see/ touch/ inspect. I always had the assumption the GENS lovers would lite on fire if they would know there where REP dealers around?! Seems like the business is changing...

After we gathered again and had a coffee we drove ourselves, as if it was a Military Colon, to Utrecht. The tall bronze ladies at the front welcomed us as we sat down at the ideal long table; as if they knew we where coming. Not long after the same table was stacked with everything that has to do with REPS: Watch boxes, tools, booklets, beer topped off with GEEKSSSS!

Amaizing to find out you are not the only one to always have a cleaning cloth near your babies! Nice to see other brands, to be able to put them on your wrists, feel them, admire them and most of all get them smudged

The D-man brought along some hardcover brochures of the brands we all luv. I took one of his Breitling books as this one had the original Blackbird model in it :D

Capice took along Andy and Alex; watch-case maker if I am correct and watchmaker. They really know what they are talking about; Alex did a small hands on tuto on how the reversing wheel works, what the basic differences are in chines vs. Swiss etc. Very interesting! I also understood there will be the option to have workshop with Alex. He can train us to do our own servicing and regulating starting with a basic 2824-2. (correct me if I am wrong).

Then it happened: D-man tapped his glass and D and Capice showed their CUSTOMS-FIOD-card: He stated we all had to give up our REPS! Every ones hart missed a beat, I am sure mine did ;) ..... WE GOT PRANKED! BIGTIME!

All in all a success as we already could read of our last posts. I hope next time there will be more GEEKS: not only the ones that show up, but also the ones that confirmed their presence here on the board, but never showed up at the GTG:

too bad you guys missed on hell of an afternoon!

A special thanks goes out to:

- our Belgium friends that came all the way from Anvers and a little town near Hasselt,

- Alex and Andy for giving us some very use full info,

- Rogers for letting me touch his holy grail,

- D-man for his nice presents,

- RG DUTCH for the peace sign ;)

- Capice for his Photoshoppin’ (really like the way he managed to combine the brands to the persons)

@ Mike; How’s it hangin’? Feeling better? Look at it this way: You get to spend more time in bed with the wifey ;)

@ Capice: Damn I missed out on the collection your brought: there really are some that would luved to have on my wrist: next time you will sit next to me!

Thanks all for reading!

Regards,

IMMette

solkryssare

Faces shown or it didn't happen :lol:

dingle
Faces shown or it didn't happen :D

+1

:lol:

JohnG

What, were they all pedophile there? Why the hidden faces?

sconehead
What, were they all pedophile there? Why the hidden faces?

Simple really...Onze, believe it or not, is quite good looking for a Dutchman... :D

I rest my case...

:lol:

JohnG

You mean if his face were shown publicly, he would be even MORE sought out in bus station rest rooms?

Member X

Looks like it was good! :lol:

Any more pics of the Cali PAM In this pic??

IMG_1235.jpg

Aren
Then it happened: D-man tapped his glass and D and Capice showed their CUSTOMS-FIOD-card: He stated we all had to give up our REPS! Every ones hart missed a beat, I am sure mine did :lol: ..... WE GOT PRANKED! BIGTIME!

Now see, if this GTG was the USA...these guys might have boosted your watches and split.

Well, I had to repost this quote from the review comment. Wow...this prank takes the cake...

and you guys are sometimes concerned that I may pull out the gender card?

This prank was much more devious. :lol:

Actually, I would play the gender card, but only if it was with intent to be funny.

It would never be serious.

I wouldn't do it to garner support, obtain sympathy, lamely bolster a poor argument or hold another member up to scrutiny, judgment or condemnation or contempt for being rude to a lady or have a member accused of lacking chivalry. The gender card isn't my MO and I wouldn't use it to harm any member. I avoid it unless it is for humour.

But, what horror...you guys where really taken in that DUTCH PRANK.

I think I recognized some of the watches and collections.

FlyingDutchman...I recognized your collection...

I always really enjoy looking at everyone's watches and collections.

I especially liked seeing your FM RG tourbillon. :lol: I saw it there.

I am always looking at youtube for the tourbillon movements, they are just lovely.

I am really happy for all of you. You had a GTG.

The GTG looked and sounded like so much fun.

Thanks for the photos and the news. I must be looking at too many watches.

Your faces all looked like watch faces in the photos. :lol:

I think this topic should be in the RWG news thread.

It will get lost in the Off-topic area

In the news thread it can be an news archive since it was an event.

I doesn't require Section 8 because no boobies were involved...

Ah ha...No wonder Onze was absent.

Demsey

Yeah, stop polluting "Off Topic" with watchspeak.

If you're offended by wrist watch discussion, simple, you stay the hell out of 'General Discussion'. You guys don't make it easy.

This sub-forum is for good wholesome debased conversation, petty bickering, thinly veiled racism and deliberately hurtful non-moderated comment. You know; The RWGjr.jr. site mission.

Towit. Fucking Dutch. They all look the same. :thumbsup:

dingle
:thumbsup:

Aren
Yeah, stop polluting "Off Topic" with watchspeak.

If you're offended by wrist watch discussion, simple, you stay the hell out of 'General Discussion'. You guys don't make it easy.

This sub-forum is for good wholesome debased conversation, petty bickering, thinly veiled racism and deliberately hurtful non-moderated comment. You know; The RWGjr.jr. site mission.

Towit. Fucking Dutch. They all look the same. :irish_dance:

:thumbsup: You are in great form Dems...

this is the laugh of the day for me

and I always need one....thanks !

smooth work DB

capice

there was an invite send to about 20 people incl onze, only these guys answered.................so I guess the rest wasn't interested....sorry for the watchfaces but some of us have jobs in military or government and it would not be appreciated showing faces. Most important this small group had a great time

Then it happened: D-man tapped his glass and D and Capice showed their CUSTOMS-FIOD-card: He stated we all had to give up our REPS! Every ones hart missed a beat, I am sure mine did ;) ..... WE GOT PRANKED! BIGTIME!

Now see, if this GTG was the USA...these guys might have boosted your watches and split.

Well, I had to repost this quote from the review comment. Wow...this prank takes the cake...

and you guys are sometimes concerned that I may pull out the gender card?

This prank was much more devious. :beer2:

Actually, I would play the gender card, but only if it was with intent to be funny.

It would never be serious.

I wouldn't do it to garner support, obtain sympathy, lamely bolster a poor argument or hold another member up to scrutiny, judgment or condemnation or contempt for being rude to a lady or have a member accused of lacking chivalry. The gender card isn't my MO and I wouldn't use it to harm any member. I avoid it unless it is for humour.

But, what horror...you guys where really taken in that DUTCH PRANK.

I think I recognized some of the watches and collections.

FlyingDutchman...I recognized your collection...

I always really enjoy looking at everyone's watches and collections.

I especially liked seeing your FM RG tourbillon. ;) I saw it there.

I am always looking at youtube for the tourbillon movements, they are just lovely.

I am really happy for all of you. You had a GTG.

The GTG looked and sounded like so much fun.

Thanks for the photos and the news. I must be looking at too many watches.

Your faces all looked like watch faces in the photos. :D

I think this topic should be in the RWG news thread.

It will get lost in the Off-topic area

In the news thread it can be an news archive since it was an event.

I doesn't require Section 8 because no boobies were involved...

Ah ha...No wonder Onze was absent.

andygt

Looks like you had fun, Dutchies - can the owner of the pam in this picture tell me where they got the strap from?

IMG_1226.jpg

dingle
smooth work DB

:beer2: