Sign in to follow this  
cogwatch

Cogwatch's Top 10 (Plus a WHOLE BUNCH of others....Pic Heavy to say the least!!!!!!)

cogwatch

An incredible and beautiful collection! Interesting to note that many of the gens did not make top ten. Just goes to show how nice many reps are. I can see why it was a difficult decision, all of your watches are really nice.

Yes, very interesting observation. Only 4 of the Top 10 are gen. And only 6 of the 14 runner ups are gen. It does really speak to how nice many of the reps are.

rawbaws

Proud to see an ex watch of mine in the top ten :giggle:

Ishmael

Wow!

That's a hell of a collection!

That Eberhard is just beautiful! Wonderful strap!

May I ask how much it cost you?

As I said above on the Eberhard = "One of those typical "well priced gens don't move on RWG M2M" watches that sat there for a long time, and I snatched it up thinking "what are people thinking letting this go unsold"!!!!!"

I paid...........................are you ready for it.......................are you sitting down.......................................I paid an unbelievable $650.

Ish will no doubt come along soon and state how incredibly crazy a price that was.

That's a ridiculous price :facepalm:

MoveAlong

Most impressive...

Made me smile to see the cheapie polar explorer II in there :D. I try to keep a top 10... as in 10 in the whole collection! Also, really appreciate all the work that went in to making this thread!

Rav747

Just when I was thinking of selling my grey Chopard I saw this thread. Thank you :)

cogwatch

Just when I was thinking of selling my grey Chopard I saw this thread. Thank you :)

Yep, that Chopard is in the Top 10. You CAN'T sell a Top 10 watch :lol:

Of course the OEM leather strap really makes that one and without it no doubt it wouldn't have made the top 10. If you could get hold of such a strap, I promise you you'll never want to sell it!!

RUSH2112

Yep, that Chopard is in the Top 10. You CAN'T sell a Top 10 watch :lol:

Of course the OEM leather strap really makes that one and without it no doubt it wouldn't have made the top 10. If you could get hold of such a strap, I promise you you'll never want to sell it!!

The chopard is a great looking piece that someone decided needed giant numbers on the crystal. Ruins it for me.

fatarms

Great pics of your collection, cog. Good to see some of them up close rather than the 50 watch drawers we usually see :lol:

One of the coolest cats on this board, congrats and here's to 50 more :D

cogwatch

Proud to see an ex watch of mine in the top ten :giggle:

Yes sir!! And in fact, it's the single watch that I see the most since it's also my bedside "clock". So I get to see that one every night when I go to bed and every morning when I wake up!!!

Thrichar

Awesome collection! Seems to be missing a Junghans Max Bill - coincidentally I have one in M2M right now..............

;)

cogwatch

Awesome collection! Seems to be missing a Junghans Max Bill - coincidentally I have one in M2M right now..............

;)

Well, in fact I don't have a Junghans. But just today I spent a small fortune on his and hers gen JLC Reverso watches for myself and the wife. 10th Anniversary gifts for each other. So I think I'm tapped out for a while. But if not, I would have given it serious thought :)

GenTLe

There's a pic of box #1 below. The watches are in alphabetical order, as you can see box #1 starts with AP and goes through JLC.

Impressive but....

What do you do if you manage to buy another AP or Cartier? Do you shift all the remaining 130? :D

Ah and what do your colleagues or not strict friends tell you about you having a different high value watch every 2 or 3 days? Do they think you are a gangster or something like that? ;)

cogwatch
There's a pic of box #1 below. The watches are in alphabetical order, as you can see box #1 starts with AP and goes through JLC.

Impressive but....

What do you do if you manage to buy another AP or Cartier? Do you shift all the remaining 130? :D

Ah and what do your colleagues or not strict friends tell you about you having a different high value watch every 2 or 3 days? Do they think you are a gangster or something like that? ;)

As far as a new watch, yep I shift the remaining 130 or 148 or whatever to get the new watch in it's proper place. But usually the new watch sits in an overflow drawer for a while until I get around to doing the shifting. And usually there are a couple in and a couple out before the next re-arranging, I don't do it right away as soon as I sell one or get a new one :lol:

As far as a different high value watch every 2 or 3 days, it's actually every 1 day. I wear a different one every day through the rotation. I own a small business and all the employees know about my rep watches, and they wouldn't know a high value watch from a hole in the ground anyway. And all my friends know about my rep watches too. But they all do think I'm a gangster due to my gold tooth, large blingy gold rings, and gold necklaces and big gold medallions around my neck :rofl:

Daywatch

Now that was a bit of picture-Paradise. Great choices, great watches and fantastic pics. Thanks for the journey:)

GenTLe

Lol for the gold ring and necklace :D

By the way, I would handle you overflow with pleasure!

I mean the drawer :P

Unbelievable collection and love the wearing a different watch everyday, no favorites allowed..... Handy with a camera as well.

Sakurai

I keep returning to this - thank you so much for the effort of putting this together Cog! It is both hugely impressive (in a crazy but good way) to see these beauties, plus it's a very good inspiration to widen the wants and needs. And of course it normalizes the addiction, which is great as well lol.

Did you put this amazing collection together just since your join date, or have you been into the hobby much longer? :)

elp

Hey Cog - fantastic collection and highlights. Definitely quality, and as others have said, that Traversolo ...... if you ever get tired of it just PM me :D

Kleen™

Pic heavy? Oh, yes!

Too heavy? Hell, no!

Awesome thread.

Mariner89

My god man ... tell us more about your 47 Lamborghinis, 14in penis, and stable of beautiful Russian whores. :) this is just bragging haha. I'm jealous you've got an amazing collection here.

Casawelli1

I am speechless...What an awesome collection and many of them made out of my own taste...But I am terrified to see where this addict can lead to...

Stupid question from a rookie: how long did it took to get all those beauties together ?

And even more nasty question: you are still married...? :gagged:

deju

it's an ok collection I guess....

Not jealous or anything :lmao: wear them in good health Cog that a seriously awesome labour of love you have there!!!

tumblr_inline_nnagsacnzC1rqklay_500.gif

machiavegli

My god CW I'm going to look at this thread again..

Any time I feel guilty about buying another rep ;)

Very nice collection and great job on mods and straps too.

-Mach

Harkin Banks

Thanks for the massive effort in posting this Cog, very cool.

cogwatch
I keep returning to this - thank you so much for the effort of putting this together Cog! It is both hugely impressive (in a crazy but good way) to see these beauties, plus it's a very good inspiration to widen the wants and needs. And of course it normalizes the addiction, which is great as well lol.

Did you put this amazing collection together just since your join date, or have you been into the hobby much longer? :)

Thanks Sakurai. I pretty much put it all together since my join date. Sad story - I had a decent collection of maybe 30 or 40 a number of years ago and then our home was burglarized and they were all stolen. So I started to slowly collect them again and had just a few before I joined here. Then after joining here I started the re-collection in earnest.