Sign in to follow this  
T9000

Wanted......cash for donation

T9000

I appreciate that it's a little late in the day, however I just came up with this.

I'm going to New York on the 26th February, and it's pretty common to make purchases and to tip over there with hard cash. I therefore had the idea that I might take some cash with me.

So... If you have any valid currency that you would like to donate, please let me know and I'll stuff it all in my suitcase to hand out in NY.

I'm in the UK Area, and work at erm........my place of work in the UK.

Seriously, thanks............

:thumbsup:

Edited by T9000

AllergyDoc

I've got some extra pesos.

ebzen02

I have some spare loonies..

T9000

I've got some extra pesos.

That's my first Mexican meal taken care of. You people are extraordinarily generous, I have to say.

prestigewatchco

I have some spare zonk seems to be a currency used by a lot of members how wide spread the currency is acceptable I don't know but fine among the Zonkers

Vector

This is your lucky day . I too am located in Manchester so just pm me your address and ill come round with my bank card and pin number .

Hope this will help you in your time of need ! :thumbsup:

T9000
This is your lucky day . I too am located in Manchester so just pm me your address and ill come round with my bank card and pin number .

Hope this will help you in your time of need ! :thumbsup:

Nice one. Do you also have a car I can borrow to get to and from the airport? Cheers

Vector

Will even throw in a Honda HRV with logbook , FSH and two sets of keys ( Spare unused ) ..... oh and the deeds to my modest 3 bedroom semi !

Thats all i got , youve cleaned me out !!!!!

Now go have some fun :thumbsup:

KBH

If you send me your bank account number, PIN number, and your mother's maiden name, I will deposit a generous donation directly in your account.

T9000
Will even throw in a Honda HRV with logbook , FSH and two sets of keys ( Spare unused ) ..... oh and the deeds to my modest 3 bedroom semi !

:irish_dance:

Vector

Think nothing of it my mancunian friend ..... but before i give you my worldly possesions........ red or blue ???

Aren

If you need cash, and you will, I suggest that you go to an ATM only at a bank and you will get the exchange rate for the day plus some transaction fees. You shouldn't pay for the exchange rate unless you are using the ATM with a credit card. Don't use the ATM machines at the airport or you will get ripped off with the transaction fees. You will need cash one way of the other on the street if you shop with itinerant vendors.

If you are traveling on credit, be sure to advise your credit card company that you will be traveling and provide your dates and locations of travel so you can have a travel alert placed on your credit card...otherwise you may have the unfortunate embarrassment of discovering that your credit has been declined. Other than at a bank, you can use your debit card for purchases, but use it as credit and never give your PIN (except for ATM bank withdrawals)

Are you flying into JFK, Newark or LaGuardia?

I will try to help with some advice and suggestions if you need it...

Do you have any USD at all?

You probably just need enough USD to get you to the ATM?

All Yellow cabs are supposed to take credit, but I found many that don't.

Be sure to ask before you go for the ride.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/...e-credit-cards/

Safe and happy travels to you. :thumbsup:

T9000
Think nothing of it my mancunian friend ..... but before i give you my worldly possesions........ red or blue ???

Er...

...red.

T9000
If you need cash, and you will, I suggest that you go to an ATM only at a bank and you will get the exchange rate for the day plus some transaction fees. You shouldn't pay for the exchange rate unless you are using the ATM with a credit card. Don't use the ATM machines at the airport or you will get ripped off with the transaction fees. You will need cash one way of the other on the street if you shop with itinerant vendors.

If you are traveling on credit, be sure to advise your credit card company that you will be traveling and provide your dates and locations of travel so you can have a travel alert placed on your credit card...otherwise you may have the unfortunate embarrassment of discovering that your credit has been declined. Other than at a bank, you can use your debit card for purchases, but use it as credit and never give your PIN (except for ATM bank withdrawals)

You're too kind. I've been to NY a few times working, so I'm kinda used to the place, but this is more of a shopping trip for the lady in my life.......I'm going to catch up with some friends and she's going to spend our money.

I appreciate your sincere advice and good wishes.

Edited by T9000

Aren

You're too kind. I've been to NY a few times working, so I'm kinda used to the place, but this is more of a shopping trip for the lady in my life.......I'm going to catch up with some friends and she's going to spend our money.

The request for cash thing is meant to be a subtle parody of a recent thread, which you may or may not have seen........but nevertheless I appreciate your sincere advice and good wishes.

That said...

I have a penny jar, but you pay the shipping :)

T9000
That said...

I have a penny jar, but you pay the shipping :thumbsup:

Ha. If you could just fill it and send it over to the Brooklyn Ice House in Red Hook, I'll claim it on arrival and raise a glass to your good health :irish_dance:

Vector

Er...

...red.

Bollocks , the deals still on then ! :thumbsup:

KeNnY

I have 3 ounce of pure 24K gold, will be it enough ? :blink:

greg_r
:blink:

solkryssare

WTF ever happened to tipping the old fashion way......with reps?? This whole thread stinks imo, and I'm less than certain your intentions are that of a Gentleman.

Akira

I have different funds in different currencies laying around.

I'd like to donate!

Do you take:

Galactic Credit Standard or Wupiupi ? :D

Enjoy your trip you must.... :bcake:

Brightlight

I'd be very careful about tipping Americans with money. They just use it to buy more guns and ammo so they can shoot and kill people. Orthodontist vouchers are your best bet, that addiction is less harmful to others.

dingle
I'd be very careful about tipping Americans with money. They just use it to buy more guns and ammo so they can shoot and kill people. Orthodontist vouchers are your best bet, that addiction is less harmful to others.

:beer2:

T9000
I have 3 ounce of pure 24K gold, will be it enough ? :)

It'll suffice as a deposit, but I'll need the other 7 ounces once I arrive at Newark. Thanks, man!

T9000

Subtle. And witty.

You must be British, right? :)