Sign in to follow this  
blancoMatto

'Diamonds' on Replica watches

blancoMatto

Through being interested in watches for quite some time, I have seen a lot of replica watches with imitation diamonds on. It goes without saying that some 'diamonds' have been pretty impressive whereas others are clear giveaways that the watch is a fake. I'm curious to see whether anyone has any personal experience with replica watches that have imitation jewels on the bezel/bracelet/dial. From my point of view, one of my first replicas was a diamond dial datejust... Which I still have to this day and believe the jewels on the dial to look pretty good.

I bet you have all seen the amount of celebrities wearing diamond soaked Rolexes/APs/Hublots etc... Some look completely tasteless in my opinion however I think that often a small amount of jewels can set a watch off really well.

Just looking to spark a discussion...

Hope you are all having a great week guys... One more day and it is Friday!

Phizzy

For the wife....maybe, for me, never.

MetalMickey

Diamonds on watches?

blancoMatto

For the wife....maybe, for me, never.

I agree. For my girlfriend, yes. Suits her wrist well i'd say. More feminine

deju

If I lived in a warmer climate I would have one, they just don't sparkle in the Costa del Ecosse.

But only Gen diamonds on a Gen watch, otherwise it looks shit.

unionstrong5

never understood the diamond thing honestly.. very rarely does one look good and mind you i like gold watches so i am a little gaudy and not that boring lol

i just feel like it ruins the watch completely honestly and im talking gen.

for one though the submariner with the diamonds on the lumes looks pretty cool

Genius

My mum has a gen tag f1 diamonds, my girlfriend has a rep, honestly you couldn't tell which is a rep just from the diamonds on it.

And I don't have any diamonds on any of my watches, the only jewels on a man's watch belong inside the movement

Daffy

Some members on RWI? RG? (I don't remember which...) were passing around the "Gaytona", a gold Daytona with a rainbow bezel. You are supposed to take a selfie wearing it somewhere cool, then send it on to the next guy... That's probably the only rep that should have any stones mounted.

lemberg

Gen watch with gen diamonds and rep watch with rep diamonds. Honestly, if I can handle a rep watch, I can handle also a rep diamonds...

IMO, go for it

20150930_213756_zpsscjlr9hw.jpg

JerAnt

Through being interested in watches for quite some time, I have seen a lot of replica watches with imitation diamonds on. It goes without saying that some 'diamonds' have been pretty impressive whereas others are clear giveaways that the watch is a fake. I'm curious to see whether anyone has any personal experience with replica watches that have imitation jewels on the bezel/bracelet/dial. From my point of view, one of my first replicas was a diamond dial datejust... Which I still have to this day and believe the jewels on the dial to look pretty good.

Shameless plug ... recently posted a mini-review of a Lady Oak with diamond bezel (link here) where I tried to show the stone sparkle. On that watch, I think they work really well. If you hold a real diamond up to the fakes, you can see the difference - but on the wrist as part of the whole, you'd never know.

ag69

I would shoot myself if I had any experience with diamonds on watches, rep or gen, period!! Not a fan of the bling.

Robin195959

Ladies only. Men never.

RUSH2112

I don't wear diamonds.

Paparolf

Perish the thought of wearing a watch with diamonds gen or rep.

Xpletiv

I think you should be kicked in the stones if you have stones on your watch.

I'll wait.

megaul

The Gaytona is over the top which makes it a wannahave imho

no i'm not gay

Robin195959
Gen watch with gen diamonds and rep watch with rep diamonds. Honestly, if I can handle a rep watch, I can handle also a rep diamonds...

IMO, go for it

Go for it girl!!! Diamonds are..........

Cleebeauregard

My mum has a gen tag f1 diamonds, my girlfriend has a rep, honestly you couldn't tell which is a rep just from the diamonds on it.

And I don't have any diamonds on any of my watches, the only jewels on a man's watch belong inside the movement

+1!

lemberg

IMO, go for it

Go for it girl!!! Diamonds are..........

... are girl's best friends! :giggle: You guys have nice tourbillos and chronos... no need for girly staff

Left Coast Guy

Diamonds are just shiny rocks with a lot of marketing and false scarcity orchestrated by Debeers to culls cash from suckers. I'm not sure why I'd want to ruin my watch with that shit.

Gazzla
lJlStDK.jpg

Pihlippe

Diamonds can be nice, but beware of loose stones. :(

This ladymatic lost the first one after aprox 6 months and two of the hour marks are glued back twice...

My ex wife loved it, though. So much that I've got it back for repair. :)

IMG_4795_zpsh2lgzc07.jpg

Robin195959
lJlStDK.jpg

Or the Chinese children working on our watches. :-)

JerAnt

RUSH2112

Diamonds are a girls best friend. Dogs are man's best friend. Pass on the diamonds and go for Fido.