Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Gold Panerai Radiomir Chrono

greg_r

Rolf bought one of these a few weeks back for a friend and having seen his photos, I took a fancy to one myself.

It's a fantasy Radiomir Chrono with a similar face to the PAM 288 and built in what appears to be a rose-gold plated version of the older 288 case - albeit with a solid caseback (that's nicely engraved btw). It's quartz but there's no running seconds so unless you run the chronos you'd never know. I picked this up from Timeshop for $88.

Like the 203 that arrived yesterday, I'm very impressed with the quality of this watch. Build quality is excellent - it feels as good as my A7750 PAM288 did, which is no mean feat for a watch this cheap. There's even some lume, which surprised me.

Being quartz, there's no worries about timekeeping and the chrono hand sets to zero as it should. The subdial at 9 is chrono minutes and the subdial at three is a 24-hour dial.

The watch came on a strap made from the hide of the now-legendary cardboard cow, so it went in the bin pretty rapidly :) Fortunately I had a spare Radiomir strap to fit, but I'll probably pick up something better before much longer.

Overall, I'm really very impressed with the quality of this thing - especially given the price.

Here's the pics:

pamradchronogold-1.jpg

pamradchronogold-2.jpg

RS9

Rose gold Rad? Welcome to the billionaire boys club G. :)

greg_r

I want to be a dodgy used car dealer when I grow up... :)

Del

Looks great :). And it's a bit different from the norm being in rose gold - enjoy wearing it :D.

Silverspeed

Very nice....you have a good nose for choosing the ones with excellent value :)

no surprise....I really like the rose gold

greg_r

Hehe - thanks Silver.

:)

mondeov6

Just saw this watch in the "Wristie" section. I bought one of these for my neighbour some weeks ago.

It is a really well built watch and well worth the 88$. Looks great on a black strap. From what I recall

the original strap was a bit stiff and "plain".

I think I might order one for myself. RG looks great on this watch....very stylish!! And well built nice

looking "cheapies" are soooooo much fun!

KBH

I'm sure it's just the pictures but it looks more like bright brass than rose gold to me. Hopefully, it's just the color balance?

greg_r

Yeah, the colour balance on those photos is a bit off due to the lighting in here (photos snapped at my desk with work's compact under standard office lighting this morning). It's not a particularly red rose gold (not like, say, Silverspeed's Daytona), but it's about the same colour as my RG Rotary 702

Pentax

Surprises me that panerai didn't actualy make this in gold! It looks fukin great!

greg_r
Surprises me that panerai didn't actualy make this in gold! It looks fukin great!

Yup - there are a couple of RG radiomirs, but nothing like this. Love this watch - especially at the price! :woo:

Silverspeed
I want to be a dodgy used car dealer when I grow up... :lol:

Mweh.....better for you to finish school and find a real job :D

greg_r
I want to be a dodgy used car dealer when I grow up... :lol:

Mweh.....better for you to finish school and find a real job :D

:D

theflyingdutchman

Very nice... here mine:

4-3.jpg