Sign in to follow this  
mattben

Authentic Longines from Hong Kong?

mattben

Hi there

So I went and bid in an auction for a watch that was said to be authentic in pre-owned condition by the seller.

I saw that the seller was from Honk Kong, but I took the benefit of a doubt

And looked the watch up on google, and found that it resembled Longines L2.798.4.72.5

But yet, i'm still looking for more opinios about the authenticity of the watch

Since the seller didn't upload photos of the back or a certificate. Also he didn't respond to a request to upload it...

What do you think?

image.png

image.png

image.png

Thank you,

Matt.

Mazz

When in doubt ...........................err on the side of caution

Gazzla

A genuine seller with a genuine watch would be more helpful than this guy is being. Avoid.

blancoMatto

I think you have to wonder why he wont do what you are asking him to do... I agree with @Mazz... Would you buy a ferrari if they would not show you the engine?

Wriggles

I'm not going to say definitvely rep, but no papers and unhelpful seller certainly doesn't instill confidence.

markeym3

I ptetty much echo the above comments. .. if he were genuine he would have put pics of the watch at all angles and a shot of the box and papers (not that showing the box means anything) ... but also been a bit more forth coming ..

I would be suspicious. .

Foxindebox

The blue plasticky stuff on the crown (as isusual with reps) would trouble me...

Skyman dave

After having a look in the longines catalogue and on the Internet at the model you suggest it is like I would have to say I'm with all the above comments, if the seller is not prepared to confirm its authenticity then I would walk away. It does look very rep like especially the face it looks very sterile and non textured where the gen has texture to it. Proceed with caution or not at all unless it's very cheap.

SteveA

I own a Longines although not this model,they are quality pieces but this looks all wrong to me.The dial is poor quality but looks brand new whereas the case looks worn.Either the blue plastic is on the crow,why would it be when it's obviously used or it's a cabochon but Longines don't do cabochon crowns on this model.The clasp is not Longines and looks like Chinese so steer clear

Dendo

Strap looks poor.

Duzza

Looks low quality, I would think its a rep.

mattben

Thank you all so much!

You have been most helpfull!

:chatty:

Baldrick