Sign in to follow this  
Rg0576

...to lug screw, or not to lug screw....

Rg0576

Hi guys. I have a question that I would like some opinions on.

If you buy a watch "head" only is there an expectation to include lug bars with it? Does that expectation change if the system is a proprietary one like the screw in type for Panerai? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

elp

I wouldn't care if they were springbars, but I would expect screw-in bars to be included, if shown in the pics.

Where are you based and what's the size? I may have some in my box of goodies, need to check.

Edited by elp

andyboy

"expectation" when buying or selling isn`t recommended. Always best to use "clarification"

If they are shown in the pictures then I would expect them to be included.

Both the springbar type and screw in can be easily picked up online shopping.

FL13

If the photos of the watch head show the bars, yes, I'd expect them.

If I were buying a GEN with screw-bars, I'd expect them unless the seller SPECIFICALLY said they were not included.

Spring Bars? Unless they are a special Size/Dimension that costs $50/pair and must be purchased from an AD, I'd say it's not a deal breaker unless They showed them in the photos of the WTS ad... I'd be a little miffed that I had to go through the hassle even though Amazon can get me some in a few days for Under $5.

elp

This one? http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=108166

It's shown without the bars, WYSIWYG IMO.

Panatime or eBay. BTW in the past I have replaced the bars on a similar push-button PAM with fat springbars as the push-button system got worn and one of the bars kept slipping out.

Rg0576
This one? http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=108166 It's shown without the bars, WYSIWYG IMO. Panatime or eBay. BTW in the past I have replaced the bars on a similar push-button PAM with fat springbars as the push-button system got worn and one of the bars kept slipping out.

no...not that one. similar though. i guess i broke the cardinal rule and assumed. I could really use some 26mm screwbars for a 47mm PAM.