Sign in to follow this  
gallitony

Why do Rep dealers not take credit cards (vs Western Union)?

gallitony

On two separate occasions with separate dealers (both of whom are on the RWG trusted site) I found a watch I was interested in and chose to pay via credit card. I was told the transaction did not process and if I would use Western Union, they would offer a 10% discount.

• I searched on multiple sites and found this is a sure sign of a scam.
  • I contacted Western Union directly and asked them if there is risk associated with sending funds to an online merchant through them.
    • Here is WU's reply...... They said if the dealer is not processing your credit card transaction, then it is very likely a scam. In fact, the woman from Western Union stated that WU does not work with online merchants at all - so any merchant asking a customer to pay via WU is suspect.

QUESTION: What is the group's experience w methods of payment??

Genius

It's not a scam, if they are on the TD list they are trusted

RUSH2112

Yeah, you don't know what you don't know. Could be an issue with the credit card processor, could be an issue with the issuing bank blocking what seems like a shady transaction. I have used western union probably 20 times with no issues. That's what the TDs are all about.

greg_r

Whilst one or two dealers do take CC - they have to disguise the details of the transaction to do so. You do realise that replicas are illegal, yes?

gallitony

Great first post. Did you already read all this: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=7456 ?

Thank you for your reply. Yes. I've read through the Noob content and my suspicions are confirmed regarding Western Union. One of the dealers I'm referring to is Kuvarsit - a dealer I found on the RWG trusted listing.

Wriggles

Great first post. Did you already read all this: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=7456 ?

Yes. I've read through the Noob content and my suspicions are confirmed regarding Western Union. One of the dealers I'm referring to is Kuvarsit - a dealer I found on the RWG trusted listing.

Really. You've read all the noob info and it confirms your suspicions about WU? So you think a TRUSTED dealer will scam you.

Even after the responses above.

:picard2:

Ok, then. Please go to Amazon and purchase there, it'll suit you better. Reps are not for you

Left Coast Guy

What fucking rock do you people crawl out from under?

Lets just step back and think about things for a second here -- you're trying to buy a counterfeit product, depending on where you live that is either illegal or super illegal, and in every scenario it is very much illegal for the guy making that watch to sell it to you. Like jail time illegal, jail time in China illegal...can you think of anything worse than jail in China?So yes, in that respect its very much suspect....its literally 100% illegal.

So now to you and your purchase -- When these dealers offer credit card purchases, they are doing so under a fake business name. They pretend to sell you soap, or some other crap; you pay for soap in the exact same amount as the watch you're buying, and ta-da, they send you a watch....that you wanted way more than that fucking soap. The major problem comes about where retards like you come along, and get upset that your counterfeit Rolex isn't 100% perfect to its $9K gen counterpart, so you do a chargeback on your credit card. Since you never got any soap, and the vendor can't certify that you did (because it sent you a counterfeit watch, not soap!!) they lose the chargeback and get screwed. It happens so much that most dealers won't accept credit card or paypal payments from new buyers, because its not worth the potential that they lose their money. So instead they ask you to take the risk by paying with Western Union....and out of the fucking kindness of their heart, they offer a 10% discount for the trouble.

Now if you don't like this, you don't have to buy a replica watch. Its that simple. I mean we have an entire website here devoted to informing you how to safely buy very high quality replicas, have cultivated a list of sellers who have proven themselves trusted over thousands of transactions for members.....but why rely on any of that, you're smarter than we are...

ecs80

I always used WU with trusted dealers. I never had any issue.

RussP

Whilst one or two dealers do take CC - they have to disguise the details of the transaction to do so. You do realise that replicas are illegal, yes?

Plus its all about keeping the tax man/woman blissfully unaware of their substantial earnings :B):

You should see their preferred modes of transport........................Bugattis, Ferraris, Aston Martins etc.

gallitony

To all of those who replied w sarcastic or otherwise insulting responses

.... So you pride yourself and insult others based on your knowledge of buying fake stuff on the internet????

Lots to be proud of.

To those who answered like human beings....

Thank you

BadPickle

.... So you pride yourself and insult others based on your knowledge of buying fake stuff on the internet????

Lots to be proud of.

Thank you

:daffy:

JSJ

Oh dear. Good luck with your purchase. I hope it lives up to your expectations.

Left Coast Guy

I'm not sure where my response fits...I was trying to be both helpful and hurtful...

CedricWX

I'm not sure where my response fits...I was trying to be both helpful and hurtful...

In equal measure? - why not just be helpful? It's hardly surprising that a noob question answered with sarcasm, or downright hostility is responded to in a like manner, now is it?

gallitony

Lots to be proud of.

Thank you

:daffy:

Hmmm. You sound a bit irritated. Holler up to your mother from the basement and tell her you need you more hand cream. Nice hat btw

gallitony

I'll find a place to fit your response.

RUSH2112

There really isn't thousands of members here with dozens regularly posting every day. This is all just one guy doing all this to trick noobs into sending money WU to China and scam you. Then, when th noob complains, the one person doing all this sues multiple accounts to blame you, you noob. This sounds reasonable, yes?

gallitony

There really isn't thousands of members here with dozens regularly posting every day. This is all just one guy doing all this to trick noobs into sending money WU to China and scam you. Then, when th noob complains, the one person doing all this sues multiple accounts to blame you, you noob. This sounds reasonable, yes?

I'm sorry but your response makes absolutely no sense - logically or grammatically. Is English your first language?

RichardMiami

English is my first language, of several, so please allow me to make an attempt here.

1. Some dealers take CCs others don't. There can be multiple reasons for this, among them bank issues in China which has radically different rules than the West; CC fees; spurious chargebacks by some buyers, and what Greg said - many banks are not comfortable making transactions with illegal businesses. There are others, but that should suffice for now.

2. Redundant, but seems to be needed: This is an Illegal business. This is NOT Amazon, nor Macy's, nor Harrod's..etc. You can not apply those standards to this practice.

3. You used the word "scam". The overwhelming majority of members here came to this forum to avoid the MANY scan replica watch sites out there. Many were in fact victims. The TD list is the result of tens of thousands of transactions made by thousands of members over YEARS with these dealers. The list is consantly monitored and active feedback is colllected on each dealer daily. We take no fees of any sort for the listing, but we do require the dealers to be responsive to Forum staff (all volunteers) when issues arise. You say that know all this because you have read the Noob material.

4. Yet you claim Kuvarsit (and another unnamed TD is a scam because they won't take CCs. That is a ridiculous accusation and should be retracted. The membership is correctly calling you out on that accusation, yet you answer with juvenile insults.

I strongly suggest that you rethink your CC = scam statements and learn more about this hobby, if you intend on staying. I will warn you though, this Forum is not comprised of shy people - we have a tendency to say what we think openly and honestly around here. If you stay here, a thick skin and a sense of humor is a necessity.

gallitony

English is my first language, of several, so please allow me to make an attempt here.

1. Some dealers take CCs others don't. There can be multiple reasons for this, among them bank issues in China which has radically different rules than the West; CC fees; spurious chargebacks by some buyers, and what Greg said - many banks are not comfortable making transactions with illegal businesses. There are others, but that should suffice for now.

2. Redundant, but seems to be needed: This is an Illegal business. This is NOT Amazon, nor Macy's, nor Harrod's..etc. You can not apply those standards to this practice.

3. You used the word "scam". The overwhelming majority of members here came to this forum to avoid the MANY scan replica watch sites out there. Many were in fact victims. The TD list is the result of tens of thousands of transactions made by thousands of members over YEARS with these dealers. The list is consantly monitored and active feedback is colllected on each dealer daily. We take no fees of any sort for the listing, but we do require the dealers to be responsive to Forum staff (all volunteers) when issues arise. You say that know all this because you have read the Noob material.

4. Yet you claim Kuvarsit (and another unnamed TD is a scam because they won't take CCs. That is a ridiculous accusation and should be retracted. The membership is correctly calling you out on that accusation, yet you answer with juvenile insults.

I strongly suggest that you rethink your CC = scam statements and learn more about this hobby, if you intend on staying. I will warn you though, this Forum is not comprised of shy people - we have a tendency to say what we think openly and honestly around here. If you stay here, a thick skin and a sense of humor is a necessity.

Thank you for your articulate response. Your helpfulness is much appreciated. However, I don't believe I directly accused Kurvasit of being a scam site. I said that upon contacting Western Union, they indicated that this is a sure sign of a scam -- semantics, perhaps, but not a direct accusation.

As far as the idiots you claim I insulted in a juvenile fashion: I did not initiate or intentionally provoke their responses ----- however I will be the first to dig into their thick skins.

Once again, thank you for your clarification.

RichardMiami

Thank you for your articulate response. Your helpfulness is much appreciated. However, I don't believe I directly accused Kurvasit of being a scam site. I said that upon contacting Western Union, they indicated that this is a sure sign of a scam -- semantics, perhaps, but not a direct accusation.

You are well aware of the accusation you made, trying to back out of it now is a waste of time. These are your words, not WU's.. and you called out Kuvarsit later:

On two separate occasions with separate dealers (both of whom are on the RWG trusted site) I found a watch I was interested in and chose to pay via credit card. I was told the transaction did not process and if I would use Western Union, they would offer a 10% discount.

• I searched on multiple sites and found this is a sure sign of a scam.

As for calling members "idiots", they are quite capable of answering that for themselves.

Kernow

This is not going to end well for the OP. Listen to the advice given and then go and read some more.

O123O

Like what has been mentioned previously trusted dealers have to work to earn that status and no doubt once they are added to the trusted dealers list, their sales go up as people are more happy to use them. I'm not convinced that they would then try scamming people which would result in the trusted dealer status being removed and their sales going down.