Sign in to follow this  
gallitony

Why do Rep dealers not take credit cards (vs Western Union)?

narikaa

I'm quite sure that the OP's name is enshrined in every TD's 'Fuck off filter' by now so his tirades really are of no nevermind

But seriously

What would you expect WU to say as THEY ARE NOT PAYMENT PROCESSORS (are not, never were, and unlikely that they ever will be).

elp

On two separate occasions with separate dealers (both of whom are on the RWG trusted site) I found a watch I was interested in and chose to pay via credit card. I was told the transaction did not process and if I would use Western Union, they would offer a 10% discount.

• I searched on multiple sites and found this is a sure sign of a scam.
  • I contacted Western Union directly and asked them if there is risk associated with sending funds to an online merchant through them.
    • Here is WU's reply...... They said if the dealer is not processing your credit card transaction, then it is very likely a scam. In fact, the woman from Western Union stated that WU does not work with online merchants at all - so any merchant asking a customer to pay via WU is suspect.

QUESTION: What is the group's experience w methods of payment??

For what it's worth, I have never used CC for reps, mostly WU at a counter with no issues. Can be strange getting your head round it, but it's an illegal hobby and a degree of flexibility in thinking is required. Look at the feedback section of the trusted dealers, many people have given their opinions of the transaction in full. Then make your mind up, but if unsure, better to leave now as your expectations and the reality of the process won't match.

BadPickle
To all of those who replied w sarcastic or otherwise insulting responses

.... So you pride yourself and insult others based on your knowledge of buying fake stuff on the internet????

Lots to be proud of.

To those who answered like human beings....

Thank you

:daffy:

Hmmm. You sound a bit irritated. Holler up to your mother from the basement and tell her you need you more hand cream. Nice hat btw

Sound? Can you hear the "rat-a-tat-tat" of my keyboard over there is stupidsville, I think not. You may want to take on board what the members are trying to tell you here, the dealers are trusted on this forum for a reason, but you should know that by now.

oh! thats not actually me in the avatar pic, sorry to disappoint ;)

elp

.... So you pride yourself and insult others based on your knowledge of buying fake stuff on the internet????

Lots to be proud of.

Thank you

Hmmm. You sound a bit irritated. Holler up to your mother from the basement and tell her you need you more hand cream. Nice hat btw

I'd like to see you say that to PBR in person. Really.

black263

I had a policy of never using WU for anything, nada, zilch, as there was no comeback if the seller walked off with your money. So I was extremely apprehensive when I tried for the first time to buy a watch from a TD using WU. I was convinced I'd thrown my money away, and was pleasantly surprised when, a couple of days later, the TD emailed to say the money had been collected. Couple of weeks after that, I had the watch in my hand. As my confidence improved, I became quite comfortable with using WU to pay my TD, and it is now my preferred method of payment. But I still won't touch it for any transaction other than a TD. Don't forget this is an illegal business.

The biggest scammer among the TD sales is undoubtedly the buyer. TDs can give you story after story of a buyer who was sent a watch, and then did a CC chargeback, or filed a PP dispute, ending up with money refunded, and a watch in their hand. I've never heard a validated story of a current TD taking the money and ripping off the buyer. The gain of a couple of hundred dollars is tiny compared to the potential loss of trade. It simply isn't worth the hassle. So they are the ones who need to protect themselves from fraud. WU guarantees that. Once they have cash in their hand, they can proceed with a sale to an unknown buyer, safe in the knowledge they aren't going to be scammed. Many of the dealers will initially offer only WU, but once you have established a rapport, and have a solid history, they may well offer PP or credit card. The CC will, however, be through a third party where you buy some random goods that are legal, but happen to cost the same as the watch. Payment instructions in this case may seem weird, but if followed fully will result in the deal going through.

That's why they are Trusted Dealers. And that's why some don't take credit cards, and those that do, do so in an apparently devious manner. I hope that this gives you the information you need, in a non-judgemental and friendly manner, unlike some of the others on the forum.

Now fuck off and stop bothering me.

BadPickle

Lots to be proud of.

Thank you

I'd like to see you say that to PBR in person. Really.

over 72000 members on this forum, but it seems this one knows whats best :facepalm:

JSJ

Lots to be proud of.

Thank you

Great idea to pick on lots of established members. That way the end will come quicker.

Or you could just fuck off now.

greg_r
wylie_not_end_well.jpg

Chavezzito

But you didn´t mention to WU that you wanted to buy an illegal copy right?

So it only goes one way...as long as you are able to buy then the dealer should just risk everything...think a little...with the big head...the one on your neck!

k.gowie

Amanda at KUVARSIT is fantastic, never had a problem

dudermania

Umm folks...me thinks you made OP cry and now he has lotion on his face while trying to wipe his tears away. Lotion, tears and the odd pube trickling down his adolescent cheeks, will have a lot of explaining to do to mommy when he goes upstairs for his dinner.

BTW - welcome to the forum NOOB! :giggle:

drmdtsap

A few months ago i used paypal and bought from Andrew-Trusty Time. I guess payment methods have changed now. But nothing to worry about if he is on the TD list. Also it makes a lot of sense if PP or CC are not accepted anymore by TD. But again nothing to worry about mate. All explained perfectly on the previous posts.

And for God's shake galitony stop being such a prick. Your are a new member and you should take other people's advice. The have already been in your shoes long long time ago, so they know exactly how things are!!! The game is played exactly as said. If you think that something is suspicious then reps are not for you.

Edited by drmdtsap

Nacho1991

I've always used T/T since WU is more expensive to me. I've been buying reps since 2007 with no problems at all.

I have no taxes/commisions while paying by bank transfer and rate exchange is better than using WU, so that's why I use it.

If you come here and state that a TD could by scam just because he doesn't accept WU, I cannot imagine what would have you done back in time without this and other forums help.

Daywatch

Many Dealers will take CC and PP. Become an active supporter and poster, stay around for 1 Year researching everything about the watches You want to buy and by October 2016 just try again asking nicely.

If You don´t want to wait that long - just use WU after all (not online, in a shop).

Baldrick

Ahhh.....the memories :D

trailboss99

Ahhh.....the memories nightmares :D

Fixed :lol:

tabuktime

What a disappointment.

I'm sure I read that avatars must be selfies (mine is!).

black263

What a disappointment.

I'm sure I read that avatars must be selfies (mine is!).

Nice to see the diet's working. Still taking ugly pills though.

RUSH2112

Lol, I forgot all about this thread. This guy is a real treat. I hope he updates.

Daffy

I think it is funny, the idea that a TD is going to put a business at risk, that sells thousands of watches over the years, just to scam one guy out of 2 or 3 hundred dollars.

This is why there is a Trusted Dealer list on this site. They've sold here for years, and built a strong, often returning clientele. If something DOES go amiss, they will work with you to fix the problem. Some even offer customs insurance, and will send out a second watch free of charge if yours gets nabbed by the government. And then run over with a steam roller.

The dealers here all take the long view as far as business is concerned. They will go out of their way to right any wrongs.

But don't trust all these other users telling you the same thing. You know best. *with a glance at my new Panerai 604 that arrived today from a great TD*